Achievement Discussion

Krazie

I hope that once you're married you wont be bothered by all other people who want to marry you anymore (had nearly 300 people in love with me on my main char)

Whatever mack daddy... why you have to rub it in that you are the most sexy and popular and amazing person ever... GEEZ!! ;) :p

BTW... I assume you mean Fable 2 not RL right? ;)

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The getting 50 weapons with trading one, is obviously the Fable 3 version of the Fable 2 doll one.

I do hope it doesnt require trading with so many different people again, since dealing with people that want easy achievements that are do-able on your own is pretty annoying.

Other then that achievement, all others seem less annoying then the Fable 2 ones to me(as in the harder ones, like The Colourist, The Duelist, The Teaser etc).

I can't wait till I can play it though, especially since there are so many achievements related to using magic. It adds to my hope that magic will be more like in Fable 1 / The Lost Chapters again. As in, a more varied set of spells.

AGF-Antoine

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1138/UPkTl4U=.jpgLong Distance Relationship10 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.pngGet married to another Xbox LIVE player.

Anyone think or know if there are any pre-resequites for this? I have absolutely zero Fable knowledge but coming up with some ideas with what achievement I hit 100K with. I don't want to have 99990, hoping to get 10 points from this exact achievement but then find out I have to do other things first. Or can I put in the disc, and get married? Any thoughts?

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1138/UPkTl4U=.jpgLong Distance Relationship10 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.pngGet married to another Xbox LIVE player.

Anyone think or know if there are any pre-resequites for this? I have absolutely zero Fable knowledge but coming up with some ideas with what achievement I hit 100K with. I don't want to have 99990, hoping to get 10 points from this exact achievement but then find out I have to do other things first. Or can I put in the disc, and get married? Any thoughts?

I think you can just get someone to join your game and then propose them ..

That would be pretty epic Litepink... If past Fable games are any indication there are no other achievements that would need to be had to get this. Some in game work may be required. As in wooing said individual, wedding ring, or something of that sort. Not entirely sure though because this is a totally new thing. Never before have you been able to interact like this with a player over live.

Sorry for the longwindedness..... But yeah, SHOULD be able to boot up and get it if the past is any indication.

I just watched this video of co-op marriage.

Two players were in the world and one was marked and there were the following possibilities:

:abut: Whistle

:xbut: Point & Laugh

:ybut: Belch

:rbbut: Propose

:lbbut: Bisuness Partnership

After selecting Propose the world map was brought up and the player had to buy a house for them.

After that he could choose between 3 types of weddings:

Muddy wedding - 100 gold

Monument wedding - 1000 gold

Lake wedding - 5000 gold

Lake wedding was chosen and they were married by the lake in Millfields or something (were their house stood also)

Here's the link to the video if you wanna watch (I recommend you choose full screen)

Fable 3 co-op Marriage

These achievements take a lot of commitment, just like Fable II. I wonder if they do it on purpose so people are still around when the dlc comes out, I mean next to them wanting us to see every part and experience everything. I like a challenge, but forcing us to trade a bunch of stuff with other players isn't fun, its just monotonous. I typically only attempt achievements when I know I will have fun getting them.

We might not know for sure til the game ships, but it seems to me like we should be able to get all achievements in one playthrough, yeah? Unlike the three different achievement endings in Fable 2.... I will likely replay Fable 3, making different decisions just to see the outcome, but it will be a relief to know I can get all achievements in one playthrough.

We might not know for sure til the game ships, but it seems to me like we should be able to get all achievements in one playthrough, yeah? Unlike the three different achievement endings in Fable 2.... I will likely replay Fable 3, making different decisions just to see the outcome, but it will be a relief to know I can get all achievements in one playthrough.

Some of them sound like they can only be finished during the first half of the game (the ones that say "on the Road to Rule") and, of course, if you get knocked down you'll have to playthrough again for that achievement.

Also, with Fable 2, you could actually just quit to the dashboard and load your save right before the end to pick all three endings for the achievements. But yeah, it looks like most of these can be done in one playthrough, although I'll be splitting them up since I don't want to kill spouses or go on a crime spree with my good character.

Some of them sound like they can only be finished during the first half of the game (the ones that say "on the Road to Rule") and, of course, if you get knocked down you'll have to playthrough again for that achievement.

Also, with Fable 2, you could actually just quit to the dashboard and load your save right before the end to pick all three endings for the achievements. But yeah, it looks like most of these can be done in one playthrough, although I'll be splitting them up since I don't want to kill spouses or go on a crime spree with my good character.

Good point about not doing evil with the good character. I think I'll do that, too, splitting the achievements between good and bad playthroughs.

*sigh* There's six collectible achievements in this game...

The only thing I hate as much as being forced to replay multiple times.

I mean do these developers really think that the majority of people enjoy these collectible achievements? It should be a percentage based achievement, not find all. Nothing is worse than working your ass off without a guide so you don't spoil the entire game, finding 90% of them, then having to search everywhere all over again.

This is easily one of the longest games in terms of achievements to come out in quite a while. Without a doubt.

P.S. "The Road to Rule" is an upgrade system. It's not the end of the game.