Road Map to 1000

bs000

Overview:

-Estimated achievement difficulty: 5/10

-Offline: 29 (1000http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg)

-Online: 0

-Approximate amount of time to 1000http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg: 15-25 hours

-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1

-Number of missable achievements: None

-Glitched achievements: None

-Do cheat codes disable achievements?: No

-Does difficulty affect achievements?: No

Introduction

After several abysmal outings, NFS: Shift is a return to form for EA's racing franchise. It's alot of fun to play, and the achievements aren't too difficult. You will earn achievements for doing only 3 things, which include career progression, increasing your driver level, and earning badges. There is some grinding to do, but the only thing that will give you any trouble are some of the epic badges.

General tips

Difficulty does not affect achievements, so set the AI to easy and you'll be able to breeze through the game. Set your assists to whatever you like. If you want, you can change your handling model to casual, then the game will brake for you and help you steer, so then all you have to do is hold down the gas and point your car the right direction.

Money should never be a problem. Never buy any vehicles using MS Points. Anything you buy in the game (including cars and upgrades), can be sold back for the price you bought it for (with the exception of a 'works' upgrade, even then you can sell the car and get 100% of your money back). Don't like the car you just bought? Sell it back for the price you bought it for! If you're short on cash, and don't want to sell anything, do a quick race on the Miyatomi track. Set it to 1 lap, and 0 opponents, and you'll win some quick cash in less than 20 seconds.

Even if you know you're not going to win, finish the race anyway (as long as you're near the finish). You can then hit http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/misc/y.png to retry, and any profile points, badges, or money gained during that race, will still be saved. If you just hit start and go to restart race before the race is over, any points, badges, or money gained during that race will be lost.

Step 1: Preparation

Before you do anything, there are some settings that I found HERE (also listed below), which I recommend you use. The reason for this (if you haven't already noticed from playing the game), is that the default settings are horrendous. They seem to favor a racing wheel setup, and are far too sensitive. You'll find yourself over-steering and spinning uncontrollably. Altering these settings will make your life much easier.

Steering Dead Zone-15%

Accel Dead Zone-10%

Brake Dead Zone-10%

Steering sensitivity-5%

Acell Sensitivity -5%

Brake sensitivity-5%

Speed steering Sensitivity 100%

Step 2a: Career

There are 5 achievements, worth 460http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg here. These are unmissable. Set the AI difficulty to easy, and these should be fairly quick and easy. I was not even level 20 before I unlocked the final event. You need to earn 280 stars to unlock the NFS World Tour, which is the final set of events, and where you'll earn your final career related achievement. You earn stars by earning a podium position, earning a certain amount of points, and on some races a specific goal such as driving a clean lap. I wouldn't worry too much about leveling your driver profile just yet. You will level up naturally as you complete races and earn badges. If you're just playing through the career and winning consistently, you'll be able to complete all career related achievements in less than 6 hours.

Step 2b: Badges

There are 16 achievements related to badges, worth 230http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg. To save some time, here are some badges you should be trying to earn during your career. First, choose a car and stick with it until you've earned the badge for driving 100 miles. As soon as you hit 100 miles, buy a new one and do the same. Do this for 3 European, American, and Japanese cars.

During races, ALWAYS do a perfect launch. Note that great launches count towards this badge as well. Draft as many opponents as you can. Try to get a dirty overtake as often as possible, because with such a big field of cars, you'll get alot of clean overtakes without trying, so do dirty overtakes to save yourself some time and effort later. Doing dirty overtakes will also contribute towards the Trading Paint badges.

Follow the racing line as much as possible and try to do master as many corners as you can. Don't worry if you don't master all corners on a track in a single race. We're just getting as much as we can now so we have less to master later.

Lastly, note that there is a badge for earning all stars in all events. You may want to skip this one because there will be ALOT of events leftover by the time you reach 280 stars. It will become very time consuming, and some stars can be very difficult to earn. So instead, we are just going to earn the three different badges for placing 1st in every endurance, series, and mixed event. View your badges in your driver profile to see exactly which events within which tier they are in. Use these events to earn stars to go towards unlocking the NFS World Tour. This way, you don't have to do them after you've already finished all the career achievements.

Similar to the above, you should be attempting to complete the Defeat Rivals badge as well. You have to unlock rival races by getting a podium finish in all races within certain events. However, your driver profile won't tell you which events they are for this one. To tell which events you have to do, first select an event, view the races within the event and scroll all the way to the right, if there is a image of a lock there, it is a rival event. Once you unlock it, it'll say RIVAL CHALLENGE VS. *DRIVER NAME* Again, use these events to earn stars so you don't have to do them after you've finished all the career achievements.

To reiterate, these are the goals to keep in mind as you play through your career:

-Trading paint

-Clean overtakes

-Dirty overtakes

-Drafting

-Perfect launches

-Master corners

-Place 1st in every endurance, series, and mixed event

-Defeat all rivals

-100 miles in 3 cars from US manufacturers

-100 miles in 3 cars from JP manufacturers

-100 miles in 3 cars from EU manufacturers

Step 3: Grinding/Mop-up

After completing the NFS World Tour, you should have all career related achievements, be around level 20, and have a handful of epic badges. Go to your driver profile to see which badges you haven't earned yet. I recommend doing all the Clean Race badges. An easy way to do this is select a race you haven't had a clean race on yet, go to quick race, set it to 1 lap with 0 opponents. Take your time and don't go off course or hit anything. Do this for every track and you'll have 3 easy epic badges.

While you're doing the clean race badges, finish up any corners you haven't mastered yet. If you've been doing them like I said during the career, there shouldn't be too many left to do on each track. You may want to skip the EU master corner badge, because the Nordschleife courses are very long and have ALOT corners to master.

Use Setsae's method to grind/mop-up some badges leftover from your career HERE.

For the Iron Man badge, use glock18forlife's method HERE.

Once you've earned at least 20 epic badges, you should be pretty close to level 50. Scttsmall has posted an easy method to level up quickly HERE. If you have trouble drifting using this method, try steve36ty's method HERE.

Conclusion

Well, there you have it. A rather easy, if not time consuming 1000. Hope you had fun! If you're missing any achievements at this point, they're probably for the badges. If the ones mentioned above are too difficult, you can try to boost some of the online ones by finding someone in the achievement trading thread HERE.

Edited by bs000

I don't think they usually combine them... It was just a thought. You should submit your roadmap in the SUBMIT forum like I have done to my guide. When you are 1000000% done then can you tell me because I could just work on one, any way the roadmap wasn't something I was focusing on so as I said it doesn't really matter anyway.

Whoops, sorry about that. I'll fix that now. Tier doesn't matter I don't think. I just tried using a tier 1 car and still got $40k. It might not be by levels either, because it's always been 40k for me. I didn't do any quick races until after I finished the career. When I started doing quick races, I was level 20 and had finished the career and got 40k. Level 35 now and still get 40k. Probably depends on which tier you have unlocked in career? Can someone confirm?

Edited by bs000

First up, fantastic Road Map ;). It contains all the info one would need to 1K this game.

Altering these settings will make your life much easier.

Steering Dead Zone-15%

Accel Dead Zone-10%

Brake Dead Zone-10%

Steering sensitivity-5%

Acell Sensitivity -5%

Brake sensitivity-5%

This information is fantastic. I've beaten most of the game on the default setting and after switching to these just now, it's amazingly easier! I'm a good driver but the default setup is just pathetic...

if ne one wants to boost online badges my GT is Rich101205. ill be on most of the day today and tomorrow

Please post this in the correct Achievement Trading Thread.

Set it to 1 lap, and 0 opponents, and you'll win $40k in less than 20 seconds.

I can't get 40k i only get 8k? how can u get 40k?

From level 20 onward I've been getting $20K per lap of that small track. I just hit level 30 and still get $20K. Maybe it increases at level 31 or 40.

Whoops, sorry about that. I'll fix that now. Tier doesn't matter I don't think. I just tried using a tier 1 car and still got $40k. It might not be by levels either, because it's always been 40k for me. I didn't do any quick races until after I finished the career. When I started doing quick races, I was level 20 and had finished the career and got 40k. Level 35 now and still get 40k. Probably depends on which tier you have unlocked in career? Can someone confirm?

Could it depend on the difficulty you have it on or driver assists you have on? Just a thought.

I don't think it's related to driver level. I always got 40k from levels 19 through 41. I had already completed the career at that point. I asked a few people about their career progress, and how much they earn in a quick race, and it seems to depend on what tier you've unlocked in the career.

If you only have tier 1 events available - $4k

Tier 2 - $8k

Tier 3 - ???

Tier 4 - $20k

NFS World Tour - $40k

The amount you earn should be more than enough for the tier you're currently in.

Also, thanks to everyone for the positive comments. It's good to know that people find my road map helpful. :D

hmmm i am not very good when it comes down to translate car-vocabulary.... can you guys pls tell me "where" i have to change the settings in tuning....

Steering Dead Zone-15%

Accel Dead Zone-10%

Brake Dead Zone-10%

Steering sensitivity-5%

Acell Sensitivity -5%

Brake sensitivity-5%

for example, Steering Dead Zone - 1st page 2nd from top, Accel Dead Zone - 2nd page , 1st from top, etc.

otherwise i will try to change it on my own , but i dont want to change it wrong so handling will get even more difficult.

hmmm i am not very good when it comes down to translate car-vocabulary.... can you guys pls tell me "where" i have to change the settings in tuning....

Steering Dead Zone-15%

Accel Dead Zone-10%

Brake Dead Zone-10%

Steering sensitivity-5%

Acell Sensitivity -5%

Brake sensitivity-5%

for example, Steering Dead Zone - 1st page 2nd from top, Accel Dead Zone - 2nd page , 1st from top, etc.

otherwise i will try to change it on my own , but i dont want to change it wrong so handling will get even more difficult.

Go to the main menu:

Options

Gameplay

Adjust Control

They will be there for you. And very usefull they are indeed :p

Even though no achievements are exactly online achievements, you will still need to do a lot online to get 1000, so 0 online achievements misn't 100% accurate. Might mislead people.

No you don't. It's possible to get 1000 without ever going online. Even if you skip the 2 hardest offline badges, you'll have 19 epic badges. Then you can boost the Online Japan Champion badges in less than an hour. Your post is 0% accurate and 100% misleading :p

• 2 weeks later...