Mastering Skill Trees

lordrex217

There are 2 pendant of skill. One is a reward from a sidequest, the other is in a chest in Belfort. The seekers, a kamond, can be bought in Cota Mare for 40,000 whatever. They are only available for a short period of time, so try to buy a couple when you first reach Cota Mare.

I'm not sure exactly where in the story you are at the moment. But to make this short; buy seekers during your first visit in Cota Mare, and swap them around whenever a character is close to leveling up.

Thanks. I just got to the second disc and have my first one. I'll definitely look out for the other one.

Oh darn. Was that the only opportunity to? Crap. I managed to get one seeker somehow, but don't remember how. Probably through a sidequest or something.

How do you guys manage to afford them? I've heard of some people buying up to twelve and I have trouble affording one. I'm not selling any of my weapons for the achievements though. I usually take the long route to kill more mobs to hopefully acquire sid and xp and still don't have much money.

Thanks. I just got to the second disc and have my first one. I'll definitely look out for the other one.

Oh darn. Was that the only opportunity to? Crap. I managed to get one seeker somehow, but don't remember how. Probably through a sidequest or something.

How do you guys manage to afford them? I've heard of some people buying up to twelve and I have trouble affording one. I'm not selling any of my weapons for the achievements though. I usually take the long route to kill more mobs to hopefully acquire sid and xp and still don't have much money.

I only had two seekers. I may have made a mistake on telling you to buy the seekers during your first visit. I remember purchasing them when I was level 32.

What you can do; Save your skillpoints, till you have 700 for each character. Save, fill up one tree and get the achievement. Reload and repeat with the other skilltrees.

Seriously, I saved the skillpoints on three characters. I only used the skillpoints for the characters that I always use. Doing a second playthrough for the three remaining skill trees.

It is of course up to yourself. If you decide not to spend any of the skillpoints, then you can easily complete all trees without really needed the seekers. Having two pendants of skill should make up for that. The seekers and the pendant of skill simply help completing the skilltree faster.

• 2 weeks later...
well heres my situation.

im at the celestine thing blah blah

all my characters are lvl 45-49 with atleast 500 sp

except juto has almost 600

i have 6 seekers

should i be worried about anything?

and im swapping the seekers out of course

IF you keep swapping around, you got nothing to worry about. Having 6 seekers (and I assume you would have 1 skill pendant as well), you would definitely have enough SP to master 1 skill tree.

i do have another question now. i think juto has maybe 2 co-op teqs. do i need both of them to master that skill tree or do i just need to have a co-op teq to master it

Yes, Juto needs to have gained both co-op techniques to be able to complete his two handed sword skill tree. One is gained through story progress and the other is gained through a sidequest. Hope this helps :)

Question! I read through the pages of the thread and didn't see an answer (unless I'm totally oblivious).

If I'm just going through the game and spending my SP without having any seekers or... the other item, will I have enough by the end of the game to max out just one of the skill trees? Everybody's skill tree is almost all filled up give or take a few or them without the last skill and a couple upgrades.

Oh, and I just got to Belfort. Each character is around level 40-42.

Question! I read through the pages of the thread and didn't see an answer (unless I'm totally oblivious).

If I'm just going through the game and spending my SP without having any seekers or... the other item, will I have enough by the end of the game to max out just one of the skill trees? Everybody's skill tree is almost all filled up give or take a few or them without the last skill and a couple upgrades.

Oh, and I just got to Belfort. Each character is around level 40-42.

My characters are currently lvl 75. Like you, I spend my skillpoints (on Juto Argo and Celestine) and only came across the idea to use the seekers and pendant of skill later in the game. I still need at least 2 levels for Argo and Celestine to complete their second skilltree. You should have plenty off SP, if you start using the items they tell you and stop spending you SP. It's a real pain to level up when your charactrs are at the level that mine are. they need 165,000 to the next level and I can only catch 500 exp per enemy, that is if I use items that boost the exp that I receive. My advice: Listen to the pants party.

• 4 weeks later...

ok everyone, i mastered both trees at lvl 60-62, here's the way

- first of all, at the beginning of the game (total CD1), dont try to lv up much... just do what you have to on quests and so on and do mobs until you can buy all wepaons etc, but not more enemies/exp as you need.

- when you arrive at cota mare during celestine's coming of age quest at disk2 (i was around ~lv 35) stay there, buy seekers, do mobs, farm SID, buy more seekers, until you have 10 seekers... remember to swap them all the time a char gets lv up + your skill pendant(s), everytime you can. I know it's not possible to do that to 100%, but do it evertime ^^

- when zephie is gone (story related) dont let her have any seekers or anything of items with +sp. Zephie will be 2 tree mastered at ~lv 65 as your last character, the others will be done at ~lv 60.

maybe for someone who still needs help by mastering both of the trees in 1 playthrough...

of course, this is only possible with the DLC Weapons, because of their non colour slots ^^

Edited by Hiryu

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

anyone know the max Sp you can gain per level, I seem to have hit a wall so to speak, my characters are level 44 - 47 I've been switching around the Seekers and the +50% ring whenever someone is about to level up. It seems the max Sp I've been picking up with 8 seekers and the ring equipped is 38. I'm wondering if it's maxed out our if i'm getting some kind of penalty for having too many seekers equipped?

Also you can buy the seekers after the battle of rehault (don't think I need to post spoilers since it's listed in the achievement list and not a secret one) I had already completed the Coming of age quest line.

Although i'm not sure after that, I haven't started the next portion of the quest after finishing the battle.

anyone know the max Sp you can gain per level, I seem to have hit a wall so to speak, my characters are level 44 - 47 I've been switching around the Seekers and the +50% ring whenever someone is about to level up. It seems the max Sp I've been picking up with 8 seekers and the ring equipped is 38. I'm wondering if it's maxed out our if i'm getting some kind of penalty for having too many seekers equipped?

Also you can buy the seekers after the battle of rehault (don't think I need to post spoilers since it's listed in the achievement list and not a secret one) I had already completed the Coming of age quest line.

Although i'm not sure after that, I haven't started the next portion of the quest after finishing the battle.

I read that seekers disappear after Celestine's coming of age ceremony.

I did her coming of age quest and got the SPOILERS

Transport ticket, and the seekers were still for sale. Once I finish the Belfort section i'll head back and check it out, but they were still available before I visited Belfort.

The last time I went to Cota Mora was right before I talked to Daud to start my way up toward Belfort. I was farming cash in Old Fox Cayon killing the Lati. I managed to buy 12 of them this way. I had finished the Coming of Age quest already. I'm pretty sure you can buy them until you arraive or finish Belfort.

I thought the same thing and only managed to have three by the time I got the Transport ticket, I checked Cota Mora just for the heck of it. Also my question from above was answered for whatever reason 8 of them were giving me 38, when I increased to 12 i started to get 53. That number seems to stay the same, except in the case of Juto who gets between 53 - 64 points.

Edited by Beastmaster