6 Sixes in an over! A True Sense of Accomplishment!

So then, after what must have been 4 hours of trying! I finally managed to hit the perfect over! Wow! Now that is an achievement that takes some skill and patience, one slight miss timed shot and thats it, a one bounce 4. So phew!

Anyone who gets this congrats :woop: I can finally get some sleep now :p

To help those that crave this achievement, my extract from XBox.com ;)

One of my best achievements so far in all honesty, requires patience and skill. The amount of times I hit 34 in an over was unreal, but in the end I got it! http://forums.xbox.com/emoticons/emotion-1.gif

Trying to do it in a match was proving annoying cause I hate left handed batsmen! lol So I created a custom ODI with two custom teams, one made up of the best batsmen in the world (and ME http://forums.xbox.com/emoticons/emotion-4.gif) and the other made up of some Barbados medium pacer. I chose to use a medium pacer because I have always found them easier to hit than a spinner and simple physics (using the bowlers own pace against him, too fast = you don't have time to react, medium pace gives you enough time).

I played 50 overs, fielding restrictions on (gives you more chances if you drop short) and all I can say now is to learn the best place to hit each line and length of ball is. Remember to get your confidence high on your batsmen and low on the bowlers. Then just time your heart out as thats the key to it http://forums.xbox.com/emoticons/emotion-5.gif Took me 4 hours to get a perfect over BTW!

I did it!!! :woop: :woop: :woop: 1 hr and 10 mins :woop: In response to your question Adam, I find the game disapointingly easy at times even on test difficulty, it is pretty easy to bowl any team out in 10 balls. But when it comes to hitting 6 sixes, yes i find it easy to hit a couple, but when the bowler starts throwing in slow balls and takes a different line, i find my timing could be better thats all, if you find it easy to hit sixes all the time then good on ya mate! Because a lot of people can't do that. :)

Yeah it is an easy game but very time consuming for the 1000! i mean i have played it for 6 hours (god help me!) today and i only have 630 gs on it. When i'm playing it i feel flat out, a ODI in about 8 minutes, so Webb must really be going some to have 900 in it already! I think i'll get it finished tomorrow (24th).

To be strictly honest, it gets a bit boring just getting people out every ball offline, and the menu music gets irritating when you've heard it over 50 times lol, so when i'm finished the achievements I will probably have some matches online, but i'm glad i rented it instead of buying it because even though i am a huge cricket fan, i can't see myself playing it once ive completed it unfortunately!

Thanks for the help Webb, If only you had conveyed it in English....:o

lol Apologies man :p

In cricket, there are three stumps, called off, middle and leg. Leg nearest the legs obviously and the off the furthest away.

A yorker is a ball that pitches at on the same line where the batsmen stands.

Make sense now? :D

I dont understand anything bout ths game, lol. If im correct, its a lil like baseball. If I trow, they always get the ball, any tips? And whats a good team to play with?

The best way to understand the game is to either just play and pick it up or just nip over to YouTube and slap cricket in the search engine ;)

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p239/graemelunn/cricket.png

OK, Webb, I'm not thick (honest) and apologies for the crappy paint skills but have i got it right that in this example 1 would be leg, 2 would be middle and 3 would be off, whereas if the batsman was stood the other way around this would be reversed?

Also, to clarify, you are wanting me to bowl just behind the standing leg and then use LB/RB to swing in slightly to the wicket?

Hope so - I want to nail this 1000 quickly...

ive got my hattrick one, i need to get my consective 4's and 6's now..

i need to get the hang of judging where / when to strike the ball, judging off how long /short the bowling bowls.. probably make my batting bit better, got the hang of bowling easy..

just gotta get pinging them 6''s now and get my batting achievements.. :)

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...