For those struggling with Drift Lap 100k Achievement

NIZZU

Finally got this achievement. I purchased several tuning setup's from the Storefront for the Nissan Skyline GTR, as suggested, and had no luck at all.

Apexeus's tip on car choice was the reason I was finally able to get this. Thank you Apexeus! Here is the setup i used as well as the drift score I had at certain points on this track just for reference. This also requires 0 credits and is done in FREE PLAY! No need to purchase cars, upgrades or tuning setups =]

What to do:

Go to the main menu and select FREE PLAY, HOT LAP

Car: Mitsubishi, HKS Time Attack Evolution

Assists & Difficulty: Turn all OFF. Shifting Manual.

Track: Fujimi Kaido "Full Circuit". Apexeus suggests you do it on "Full Circuit Reverse" because of more downhill. I did it on Fujimi Kaido "Full Circuit", just because I had practiced several times on it already with the other setup and I was comfortable with it. It's your call on this one as I see them both working.

Tips:

-First things first. Right after you start the race, press left on the Directional to bring up the DRIFT POINT box in the upper right.

-VERY IMPORTANT-The Rewind feature is your friend! Don't forget about it! Use it and abuse it!

-Manual Drive, keep it in SECOND GEAR. As you go into the turn, lift your finger from the right trigger, hit A to start drifting and gently tap the right trigger to keep the drift going. With practice you will get a feel for it. You don't need to be going all that fast to pull off a decent drift.

-Shoot for 1000 points each turn to practice. When I finally started to get the hang of it I was getting anywhere between 1500 to 3000 points per turn. Sometimes more.

-Squeeze the max amount of points you possible can out of each turn. If you feel you could have done better or you hit the side, rewind and retry till you get it right.

Here are the number of drift points I had at the start of each of the stone tunnels. I feel this is good reference for people on about how many drift points you should have. Restart if you need to.

This is for Fujimi Kaido "Full Circuit" NOT "Full Circuit Reverse"!

First tunnel: This is just after first turn in race.

Second tunnel: 26,197

Third and fourth tunnel (they are right after eachother): 72,894

Fifth tunnel (last): 100,019

Finished with 110,142

Good luck!

EDIT: Stopped by to check the comments on my guide and I'm happy to hear this has worked for so many people. Congratulations to those who got it! To those still struggling, don't give up. Take a break if you need to and come back to it. I know how frustrating it can be.

Thanks for the thanks guys! Happy hunting!

Edited by NIZZU

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another post on the drifting achievement.... jesus wept!

What works for 1 person isnt going to work for others so I wish people would just try there own setups etc because I listened to so much info on this till it was coming out of my ears so I went away and did it on my own and got it on my 2nd lap =)

Another post on the drifting achievement.... jesus wept!

What works for 1 person isnt going to work for others so I wish people would just try there own setups etc because I listened to so much info on this till it was coming out of my ears so I went away and did it on my own and got it on my 2nd lap =)

I sort of agree with what your saying. I got it my 2nd lap too, and I think that people should try it themselves first and actually put some effort into it, instead of just copying everyone else

But isnt the main idea of these forums to discuss topics/ideas and give help/advice to those who need/want it??

Who's bitchin???

Im just saying this is about the 3rd or 4th thread on this subject now even though its been gone over a hell of alot of times in the other threads with people giving their views on setups/cars etc so I dont see the need for another NEW thread. It could of just been added to 1 of the many others ok!

Oh and watch who you call a LOSER!!! Dont get personel ok

The reason I started a new thread was because I thought it would be really helpful if people had an idea of how many drift points one should have at certain points on this track. Several times I found myself on the last turn with around 90-98k. I poured a lot of time into several different setups, as well as try to master these corners in order to maximize enough drift points to finally nail myself the achievement. If I can save even a couple people from spending as much time as I did, then it was worth it. I've also received a few messages from people just simply thanking me for telling them to go to FREE PLAY/HOT LAP to do this. It seemed some people just didn't know the best place to start. This setup also requires 0 credits, where as some suggestions require you to purchase a tuning setup from their Storefront.

This might not work for everyone and I expect that. This is just how one person did it and succeeded. Not everyone is as skilled as others. Some have had or are having a really hard time with this achievement and I can understand why. Practice, have patience and don't give up.

Edited by NIZZU

Ive received a few messages from people just simply thanking me for telling them to go to FREE PLAY/HOT LAP to do this. It seemed some people just didn't know the best place to start.

Not everyone is as skilled as others. Some are having a really hard time with this achievement and I can understand why. Practice, have patience and don't give up. As you can see... even a monkey can do it!

I see your point but it has been covered quite alot in the other threads esp "who has this achievement and how did they do it" but yeah some people dont even know where to start and try doing it during a race on the Nurburgring haha :woop: FOOLS :woop: haha

As for a monkey being able to do it..... You need to be an IEvil IMonkey haha

Wow, thank you for posting this. I tried your method on the Fujimi Kaido Reverse Track and on my first lap I got around 66,000, but on my second lap I just got over 100,000 by about 20 points!

Driving in 2nd the entire time is really key because it keeps you at the right speed.

Great guide!

Wow, thank you for posting this. I tried your method on the Fujimi Kaido Reverse Track and on my first lap I got around 66,000, but on my second lap I just got over 100,000 by about 20 points!

Driving in 2nd the entire time is really key because it keeps you at the right speed.

Great guide!

Sweet! Glad this helped!:woop:

well all i say is that my set up has sold all most 2,000 copys which has made me almost 20,000,000 CR :D:D:D so i must have done something right?

Word on forums spread like wildfire. You can't control it. Not trying to burst your bubble but it doesn't necessarily mean you did something right by selling 2000 tuning setups. Especially when there is no return/refund policy in place. You have to wonder what percentage of those 2000 downloads actually worked for people? Or if people downloaded it simply out of desperation or lack of options? Honestly, you sound more concerned with yourself and how much CR you've banked than the real subject at hand, which is, did it help people get the achievement. It also sounds like you are trying to advertise here in this thread... Please, don't do that.

Edited by NIZZU

Thanks for the thread, NIZZU. The 2nd gear is the key as it limits the speed. I just got it on my first try with 116k after many tries from looking at previous threads.

Multiple threads on one achievement might be bothersome, but I think it's an exception when it involves the hardest achievement in the game. The more tips the better.

Thanks again.

If i start a hot lap,i dont see any points for my drift.i see only in drift mode points.

so how can you see that in free play hot lap.i think you are wrong

Vegeta NL, After you start the race, press left on the directional to bring up the DRIFT POINT Box in the upper right of screen.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. :) I added it to my guide.

Edited by NIZZU

NIZ -

Thanks for the info I'm gonna try this tonight. I had been having trouble with this one. Don't let the negative comments bring you down either. Some people have nothing better to do than bitch about nothing. I don't understand why posting another thread is such a burden for them to read through. After all if they already had the achievement then why read this one at all. I for one appreciate you effort, and thank you for your time. Keep on doing what you're doing. Remember some of us do apperciate it.

NIZ -

Thanks for the info I'm gonna try this tonight. I had been having trouble with this one. Don't let the negative comments bring you down either. Some people have nothing better to do than bitch about nothing. I don't understand why posting another thread is such a burden for them to read through. After all if they already had the achievement then why read this one at all. I for one appreciate you effort, and thank you for your time. Keep on doing what you're doing. Remember some of us do apperciate it.

Thank you ExtremeAmoebea for the words of encouragement :)

Don't buy any setups they're a wast of money. the key is 2nd gear and use the hell out of the rewind button. on another note, people read the post at their own free will so if you don't wanna read them then don't. just cause someone put up "another" post about something that "might" work for some people doesn't mean it will work for all. I'm speaking for myself, this post helped me when all the other didn't. So thank you NIZZU for this post.

1st try i got 156k off of fujimi kaido full circuit with my 581rwhp r34 gtr...stock clutch, stock transmission, stock flywheel, and stock differential..all i have is race twin turbos, race exhaust, race intake, race intercooler try that set up..its good imo but i also havent drifted anything else yet... or you can just make a street car an r class car and hope for the best

Word on forums spread like wildfire. You can't control it. Not trying to burst your bubble but it doesn't necessarily mean you did something right by selling 2000 tuning setups. Especially when there is no return/refund policy in place. You have to wonder what percentage of those 2000 downloads actually worked for people? Or if people downloaded it simply out of desperation or lack of options? Honestly, you sound more concerned with yourself and how much CR you've banked than the real subject at hand, which is, did it help people get the achievement. It also sounds like you are trying to advertise here in this thread... Please, don't do that.

I agree completely, I bought it out of desperation.. I wish I could get a refund.. why charge 10,000 for it instead of 1,000? Anyways, thanks for your help Nizzu, I know I couldn't have gotten it without you.