Is the game wirth buying?

One of my favorite game so far on the xbox360, the single player is really action packed and fun.

On the other side, the online achievements really gets in the way for this game. Turning lot of people off because it's quite time consuming to 1000/1000 this.

The achievements are easy to get, but requires tremendous boosting. Good thing is there is a very big community willing to boost for this game, off my friend list, about 25 are there for Ace Combat boosting.

Seriously, try this game out and yes I would recommend buying and not renting. The game can be found very cheap nowadays.

• 6 months later...

I would recommend this game also. I found it quite enjoyable for the first playthrough but I don't think the replay value is very high.

The acheivments are a huge pain unless you have friends you can boost with. I personnally did'nt, so I got to about 300/1000

• 4 weeks later...

This game is defenitly the best flying game I've played so far. Single player is challenging but a lot of fun with the Flight stick !!! Achievements on the other hand are really too long to get :(. I'm at 430 gamerscore right now and I plan on reaching 500gs with a few multiplayer but not more than that... Even with that it's defenitly a MUST buy :)

• 1 month later...

Do you like flying games? If so, YES! This is the best flying game on the 360. It took me a little while to get used to it, but once you do, you will have a BLAST! There is still an online community, so you should be able to find games, once you get to that point.

• 2 months later...

I was actually abit disappointed with Ace 6 to be honest. I loved all the previous ones ever since I played Air Combat back in the day. I think they need to get some new ideas because all the developments that happen in the stories are practically the same in all the games from a defending a bombing to navagating a canyon to trying to blow up an inconceivably ridiculous looking made up fortress and it all happens in the same order.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well the fact it was alot cheaper now (still not to cheap being ACE COMBAT) lol But its worth buying. but E3 is going to be showing off the new one so Hopefully this will go down more and u can buy it or just wait for the new one. Im sure its going to be awesome

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I know it's too late to answer, but for other people, who may want to buy the game:

Now that Ace Combat: Assault Horizon is out, I would not recommend buying Ace 6 anymore. I personally didn't think the game was that good. The details of the planes however were just awesome. For my taste it's a good game, if you wanna fly awesome looking aircraft, have a few dogfights and derp around. But all in all I'd say its just an average game.

• 4 weeks later...

I thought it was a good game as if it wasn't for fires of liberation i wouldn't have gotten assult horizon. As my opinion Fires of liberation had a better story but assult horrizon had better aircraft ^_^ I know this is super late but for anyone new visiting this thred.

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...