Achievement Discussion

L3giOn

For "Bad Blood" achievement, you just have to wait until Wesker says "There's no point in hiding", and draw your Rocket Launcher then shoot him. He'll grab the rocket with his bare hands, so you must draw a gun and shoot him immediately. The rocket will explode and the achievement will be ours. I got it on Pro, so it can be done in any difficulty level.

For "Who do you trust?" I simply asked Sheva for ammo and when she gave it to me I pushed quickly "B", to thank her. Then I gave her some other ammo or any other item, then she thanked me back, and then claim back my items, thanking her again. Simple as that.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simple question: are there any achievements which are only available online? I took a quick look and it seemed like the main game and a couple of DLCs were all doable offline, but then this "Versus" stuff is confusing me. So, without xbox live, will it be possible to get all the stuff?

The only thing that you need to play online for is the Versus DLC. The main game, Lost in Nightmares and Desperate Escape can be done offline

The only thing that you need to play online for is the Versus DLC. The main game, Lost in Nightmares and Desperate Escape can be done offline
All right, thanks :) I'll give that mode a shot as soon as possible to take out the online and focus peacefully on the offline.

By the way, it might be a bit off-topic, but we're here discussing about achievements, so...I've read about this rotten egg in this game, which if I get what is, should be a glitched item which can be duplicated to earn infinite coins, as long as one wishes to. I have a couple of questions about this one. First: I haven't quite understood if every rotten egg is glitched or just some rotten eggs of some players are glitched, which therefore means that to trigger the glitch you need to be in contact with someone with a glitched one, have him lending one to you, then "spread the virus" yourself, possibly. Second: if it's actually not always glitched, if there's something to glitch that by myself once I get a "normal rotten egg" in the game. At last, the question is: can I do that all by myself or I'll need an external input of someone giving me the starting egg?

Its not really a glitch, but exploiting the save feature. At least the way I know is that way.

Basically, you use two controllers..Player 1 does not have an egg, but player 2 does. Player 2 gives the egg to player 1, then player 1 presses start and goes to quit. It will ask you if you want to save your inventory, Player 1 says yes, and Player 2 says no.

Start it up again, player 1 has an egg now and player 2 kept their egg. This is the way I did it...but there could be some other way I am not aware of

Its not really a glitch, but exploiting the save feature. At least the way I know is that way.

Basically, you use two controllers..Player 1 does not have an egg, but player 2 does. Player 2 gives the egg to player 1, then player 1 presses start and goes to quit. It will ask you if you want to save your inventory, Player 1 says yes, and Player 2 says no.

Start it up again, player 1 has an egg now and player 2 kept their egg. This is the way I did it...but there could be some other way I am not aware of

Oh I see. Easier than I feared then, as long as I'll pick my rotten egg I'll be able to duplicate it by myself offline. That's a good thing to know, in case I'll need of it, but I'll possibly try not to, since it's quite a cheat :p Thanks again. Looking forward to get the game and mop up the 4x shitlike achievements in Versus to relax on the rest of the game. I hope I finally managed to find a game to relax with, with this one. The same person who told me this could have been a nice game to play was the one who suggested Splosion Man to "enjoy and relax".

God save me...

Oh I see. Easier than I feared then, as long as I'll pick my rotten egg I'll be able to duplicate it by myself offline. That's a good thing to know, in case I'll need of it, but I'll possibly try not to, since it's quite a cheat :p Thanks again. Looking forward to get the game and mop up the 4x shitlike achievements in Versus to relax on the rest of the game. I hope I finally managed to find a game to relax with, with this one. The same person who told me this could have been a nice game to play was the one who suggested Splosion Man to "enjoy and relax".

God save me...

This is a decent addition to the series but weak compared to its predecessors much like DMC4 was (this is just my opinion though), and much easier compared to capcoms other shooters like Lost Planet. You'll probably enjoy it if you're a fan of shooter/horror games. Though the horror aspect is really lacking

Overall the achievements are easy. And yes, the versus is just horrible and boring...like most multiplayer achievements heheh

Edited by Echilion

• 2 weeks later...

One other question about the online features of this game: do you know if Capcom is going to turn off the servers, or anything like that which will make the Versus unachievable? And, if they someday will do this, will they warn us a while before making it unachievable? I've been getting quite shocked by EA's ufair behaviour to us, quitting the servers thus fucking us up for good, and this one game (RE 5) is also rather old, so they might be thinking to turn the online off. If anyone has any infos about it, let me know please, I don't want to even start a game on my gamertag if I can't complete it.

One other question about the online features of this game: do you know if Capcom is going to turn off the servers, or anything like that which will make the Versus unachievable? And, if they someday will do this, will they warn us a while before making it unachievable? I've been getting quite shocked by EA's ufair behaviour to us, quitting the servers thus fucking us up for good, and this one game (RE 5) is also rather old, so they might be thinking to turn the online off. If anyone has any infos about it, let me know please, I don't want to even start a game on my gamertag if I can't complete it.

EA and 2k are the worst, I have several games I can't finish because of offline servers. In the past, Capcom has announced when servers will be shut down (e.g. Monster Hunter, other Resident Evil games)

I don't think you have anything to worry about with this game since it was released in 2009, Lost Planet's servers are still up and that was released in 2006.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I am wondering how long time it will take to get 90% of the achievments (excl. DLC) and the difficulty rating. If there are achievments which take long time (i.e online play, collecting) I will skipe them, but I can imagine doing one play through on normal difficulty and some side-quests.

• 2 months later...

I obtained a few of the Desperate Escape achievements long ago.

However, recently I noticed I did not get the Gamerscore points for them, there is not Date when I acquired them, and none of the Desperate Escape achievements show up online while viewing my Stats on xbox.com and other such places. It's like I got them, but I didn't at the same time. I think my Xbox was offline when I got them because the internet was down, if I remember right.

Anyone know how this can be fixed?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...