My Own Power - glitched??

Chiaroscuro

Ok, I am one of the few who bought this game... Aside massive slowdown in the game (with a very good computer) I found an achievement that won´t unlock:

"My Own Power" - Complete 5 levels of Motion Mode without using bombs, cannons, ice or magic wands.

I can go up to level 8 without using any special tile, including not getting extra lifes and not using the wildcard tile. But I did not get the achievement. I tried several times. I usually lose a life on level 9 if I do not use any special tile, and can go levels 10 and 11 without using them as well.

But no achievement. What is exactly I suppose to do? Must the levels being sequential (I already did that, levels 1 to 8).

Pretty sure it's glitched. I just finished level 38 and I've played every level with the intention of not using those special tiles. I know I've done AT LEAST 5 that way. Maybe I'll get lucky and it will pop up when I finish the mode, but I doubt it.

yeah i just finished all 45 (for the 2nd time since motion master glitched on my first attempt) and still didn't get My Own Power. bleh

I just finished Motion Mode. I did not get the Motion Master (despite I completed the game without losing a life) neither the Recycler (I never had used the trash can). I am so pissed off. I will not play this game again...

But how do you restart the mode? If I enter it again it starts on the last level (45).

I just finished Motion Mode. I did not get the Motion Master (despite I completed the game without losing a life) neither the Recycler (I never had used the trash can). I am so pissed off. I will not play this game again...

But how do you restart the mode? If I enter it again it starts on the last level (45).

That's another issue. You can only restart the mode (after finishing it), by deleting your save folder (Program files/Tik Games). Make a backup of the folder, before attempting this.

• 2 weeks later...

I sent their tech support an email and after a few emails i got the following.

"Hello,

It looks like you found a real issue with Mahjong Tales (and you’re the first to report it!). The description for what it takes to complete this achievement is not accurate. Here’s what you really need to do:

Pass the entire mode without hints.

We are going to fix the incorrect information so others don’t have this struggle. It takes a bit for this to happen, so the updated text won’t be visible immediately.

Thanks so much for bringing it to our attention.

- Mitzi"

I sent their tech support an email and after a few emails i got the following.

"Hello,

It looks like you found a real issue with Mahjong Tales (and you’re the first to report it!). The description for what it takes to complete this achievement is not accurate. Here’s what you really need to do:

Pass the entire mode without hints.

We are going to fix the incorrect information so others don’t have this struggle. It takes a bit for this to happen, so the updated text won’t be visible immediately.

Thanks so much for bringing it to our attention.

-Mitzi"

But Motion Mode has no hints:confused:

But Motion Mode has no hints:confused:

lol. Yeah, so true. Also the meaning of motion mode would beat itself, if you could stop the motion and use a hint. One would imagine, the developers would know their own game :drunk:wtf

Another one of these bumpers from the developers, and we should get something for free for buying Mahjong Wisdom!

• 1 year later...

I was just wondering if the developer meant "hints" as the items. Also i was just wondering, the people that have attempted this game what items did you not use cause it seems like the ones that are not listed could be part of the reason why it does not pop as well. Just my thought that is all.