Achievement Discussion

L3giOn

Im still leaning towards Harvesting all the LS for 100g.It would only make sense seeing as the only other 100g is to save them all...and dont bring up the 'Dealt with little sisters' thing again as an argument against this.Bucause as far as I can tell,thats simply defeat all the BDs and harvest and/or save the LS.There for you can mix both and deal with all the LSs and still get that one

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what does harvest all little sisters mean? kill em or save em or what?

I dont like the achievemnts much all too time consuming like forza 2, i prefer the dirt achievements alot easier lol

Harvesting them is pretty much killing them for their energy/Adam.

They wouldn't keep the savior one in the public if one for harvesting them all is a secret. Beyond that, they have one for harvesting/saving them all already on that list. It's not consistent with the other achievements. Seriously, think about it. It doesn't make sense.

The secret ones will be story-related. They don't wanna give the game's plot entirely away.

• 2 weeks later...

If you recall them saying you need adam for all your powers, and when you kill a little sister you get a whole buncha adam. Why would they reward you for taking the semi-easy way out. I would think going on without as much adam would make the game progressively harder. It will probably be a 30 point achievement.

I would like to see the wrench achievement as the 100 because that seems to be the most likely. Or it could be an achievement were you go through the game without fighting at all.

• 2 weeks later...
They wouldn't keep the savior one in the public if one for harvesting them all is a secret. Beyond that, they have one for harvesting/saving them all already on that list. It's not consistent with the other achievements. Seriously, think about it. It doesn't make sense.

The secret ones will be story-related. They don't wanna give the game's plot entirely away.

Yeah, I'd agree with this. It seems odd that the first achievement is for completing the welcome to rapture level, but there aren't any achievements for the other levels. I'd be willing to bet that a few of them are secret because they're story related spoilers.

I try not to wonder on the achievements to much, If it is 25 Hours Thank god because that Is REALLY long for FPS to say the least...I think that with all of the different paths everyone will have to play through the game at least twice to find everything and try everything and so on and so fourth...Although I am planning on going through the first time without Harvesting the Little Girls Because, I was watching a video and it says that you still get alittle ADAM from the rescue of The little girls and that the Person that whats you to rescue the girls will make it worth your while so it will probally have its pluses. :)

Thats what i thought as well DemonInU.....except...that saviour achievement just encourages me to try it....I like the achievements just because theyre like mini milestones for me....

Oh and demon,i thought i should point this out....you said 'so on and so fourth' right?Well,I think,im not positive though because my spelling sucks,that 'fourth' should be spelled 'forth'

Thats what i thought as well DemonInU.....except...that saviour achievement just encourages me to try it....I like the achievements just because theyre like mini milestones for me....

Oh and demon,i thought i should point this out....you said 'so on and so fourth' right?Well,I think,im not positive though because my spelling sucks,that 'fourth' should be spelled 'forth'

Yeah you may be right, I was kinda Rushing because I get that why when I think about something....And have that kind of response...Sorry :( Yeah the achievements do push the game play, But I try not to let it take over me having fun and some people let that happen. They just rent or buy every game, just for the GamerScore...:uzi:

Yeah you may be right, I was kinda Rushing because I get that why when I think about something....And have that kind of response...Sorry :( Yeah the achievements do push the game play, But I try not to let it take over me having fun and some people let that happen. They just rent or buy every game, just for the GamerScore...:uzi:

Dude.....I rent/buy a lot of games for achievements too....but im not an achievement whore.I dont get a game i absolutely HATE with a freaking passion for achievements.....i cant torture myself like that...But also,i rent a lot of games before i buy or just to try the games,so on my card i have you know,15+k out of like,30+k in gamerscore

So I haven't gotten a chance to play the demo yet, and haven't been following this. Are the achievements like upgrade all of x gonna be like Crackdown getting 4 stars in everything, or is it gonna be like if you get to the end of the game with 99% everything nothing maxed out, you have to replay it with empty stats again. Trying to understand how the system works here, I hope it's something where you can keep replaying your same character until you max everything, because I want to go through it first with no achievements in mind just playing.

Blitz,the game is not like Crackdown in the aspect that once you beat the game,you must restart to play again or reload your last save...and you can see the achievements,theyve been up on the site for a bit now....The 'maxing' achievements have to deal with Splicer research and weapon upgrades,thats about it.But this game isnt linear.There is a story and 'missions' you MUST do to get further into the game and into more areas,but you are ALWAYS allowed to backtrack to areas youve been to before,you are not requiered to go back,so you can pretty much make ths game last as long as you want.

Just finished the demo and had a bit of a ponder on a possible, albeit crazy achievement. Big Daddy Boxer - Defeat a Big Daddy using only melee weapons

Since I haven't fought one I don't know how impossibly hard that would be to accomplish, but it would be bloody hilarious trying.

Bloody indeed my friend. Although I hate collection achievements would be sweet to see

"Those Things Cause Cancer - Smoke Every Pack of Cigarettes in the Game"

"Time to Call Alcoholics Anonymous - Drink All Alcoholic Beverages in the Game"

I just love the blurry/dizzy affect that happens after you drink three drinks in a row... but hell anything to boost the EVE BABY.