Road Map and Achievement Guide

Tailz

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think so because you pick that up in a cutscene

Its not in a cutscene, but you have to pick it up in order to proceed during one part of 2-4 (where you shoot the Ark's pod things with it in order to power them up). Those don't count as kills and I had to go back and kill a guy after I finished the game to get that achievement.

Also thanks for the people who gave us a headsup on the Grease Monkey glitch. Yall saved me from jumping off a tall building.

Don't upgrade in the pre-level upgrade screen. If you do it will lock the achievement and you will never be able to get it! Do it in the game at a weapons locker

not true, i unlocked the achievement in the pre-level screen just fine. it says you MUST upgrade in the weapon locker in the guide, very wrong

awesome guide Tailz. i just got the game today from gamefly . and i bought one of the golden jet packs off ebay for 3.00 pretty cheap i think . i just love it when games have golden items, its my fav

if anyone wants a golden jet pack go to Ebay and type" Darkvoid code" and look through the list one guy sells em for 3-4 $

Conclusion:

Enjoy Dark Void! It's a really good game with a ton of surprises in store. If you are stuck or need any assistance feel free to PM me and i will do my very best to help you. -Tailz

OK DUDE, SEEN DAT U ONLY DIE 2 TWICE IN THIS GAME ON HARDCORE LOL.

HOW DA HELL DID U PASS E2 C4. KILLING THE 3 ARCHON'S B4 THEY DESTROY THE ARK? FIRST OFF....I HAD TO GO TO THE FOOT LOCKER TO CHANGE MY GUN CAUSE THE ONES I STARTED THIS PART WITH WAS TRASH, THEN I WOULD DESTROY THE FIRST ARCHON AND DIES EVERYTIME ON THE SECOND ONE. FOR SUM REASON REASON THE DAME UFO'S FLYING AROUND ALWAYS SHOOT AT ME. AND IF I TAKE THE TIME TO KILL THE UFO'S, I DON'T HAVE TIME TO SAVE THE ARK. WTF.....PLZ ADVICE TAILZ. I'M STUCK BRO:wtf:wtf:wtf:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

Conclusion:

Enjoy Dark Void! It's a really good game with a ton of surprises in store. If you are stuck or need any assistance feel free to PM me and i will do my very best to help you. -Tailz

HOW DA HELL DID U PASS E2 C4. KILLING THE 3 ARCHON'S B4 THEY DESTROY THE ARK? FIRST OFF....I HAD TO GO TO THE FOOT LOCKER TO CHANGE MY GUN CAUSE THE ONES I STARTED THIS PART WITH WAS TRASH, THEN I WOULD DESTROY THE FIRST ARCHON AND DIES EVERYTIME ON THE SECOND ONE. FOR SUM REASON REASON THE DAME UFO'S FLYING AROUND ALWAYS SHOOT AT ME. AND IF I TAKE THE TIME TO KILL THE UFO'S, I DON'T HAVE TIME TO SAVE THE ARK. WTF.....PLZ ADVICE TAILZ. I'M STUCK BRO:wtf:wtf:wtf:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

Don't bother with the UFOs. Go straight for the Archon's. If you use the boosting method and get the 7500 every 5 minutes do that a few times to upgrade the energy weapon to the MAX. You can just fly to each Archon and use that and kill them pretty quickly. Just hold RT down until they die if you cant beat it with your Plasma and Assault Rifles.

Conclusion:

Just did this last night. I used the level 2 sniper rifle. You can put one down with full ammo in the rifle. What I did was head down to were the gun locker is at. From there you can hit one. Put that one down, but before heading up to finish it off, go to the locker again (it should be right behind you) to reload the rifle. Go up and finish that one off, then head to the one up on cliff in front of you. Go right by it and up on the cliff behind it. Put that one down and finish it off. Quickly head to that locker, reload and the last one should be to your left. There is a ledge to the side off it for you to land on. Put it down and finish it off. You have to be quick and a little lucky not to get torn apart by the UFO's, but it is doable.

Tailz, I found out why people aren't unlocking Grease Monkey. In your guide it says you have to upgrade all 6 weapons, this is true, but it doesn't say anything about the rocket pack. This is why it won't unlock for people. You have to upgrade a total of 7 items, not 6 as stated in your guide. I went along and upgraded everything but the rocket pack last night and got nothing so I kept farming tech points on 2-4 and sure enough, once I upgraded the rocket pack to level 3, presto, achievement unlocked and a 1000/1000 on Dark Void. Hope it helps.

Tailz, I found out why people aren't unlocking Grease Monkey. In your guide it says you have to upgrade all 6 weapons, this is true, but it doesn't say anything about the rocket pack. This is why it won't unlock for people. You have to upgrade a total of 7 items, not 6 as stated in your guide. I went along and upgraded everything but the rocket pack last night and got nothing so I kept farming tech points on 2-4 and sure enough, once I upgraded the rocket pack to level 3, presto, achievement unlocked and a 1000/1000 on Dark Void. Hope it helps.

Yeah you are right and i forgot about the Rocket Pack...Oopsies

About "grease monkey"

I maxed out all weapons and backpack, i bought last upgrade in weapon locker of Breaking point level. And i still don't have this achievement. i just wonder why.

Its been known to glitch, make sure you do the rocket pack too. If it glitches there is not much i can do or say to help you but to contact someone at Dark Void and complain and see if they patch it.

Wow I take my hat off to you man. 2 times on hardcore?

I took it slow and i also had all my weapons upgraded. Always look for Turrets instead of fighting UFO's.

Hey all, I havent tried this yet but I just got a thought, for the whole Fireworks achievement, perhaps if you use the gun to put enemies in the gravity bubble and then chuck a nade at them, that would work? I mean, it should in theory.. in THEORY, because they are technically airborn then. Anyways, like I said I havent tested it, just thought Id throw that out there to see if itd help anyone =D

This is exactly what I had to do for it to unlock.

By the way, I didn't say it before but thanks for the guide Taliz. I just wish I had been smart and used the Where are the Journals guide while I was playing cause now I'm playing through again just to get the journals. well, to try and get the 10 enemies that fly and upgrade all weapons too, but that's beside the point. Hardcore for me was still pretty difficult but not frustratingly impossible.

I just got the Fireworks achievement last night and thought I'd chime in. Great guide by the way!

I know its glitched, but I'm wondering if the developers just worded it wrong or something. I know it say "airbourn" enemies, but what if it meant while they were in the process of boosting of the ground or flying, and not necessarily hovering. . .just a thought.

Anyways, I previously tried the Knight and Prophesied One strategies, but no luck. I wasn't trying to get it, but i was playing "The Revolt" and naded the few flying Seargants that come out of the hole. I quit to the main menu, and then accidentally resumed the campaign. I did the same thing basically and on the second seargant I got Fireworks. The only reason I said the above paragraph, was that it appeared I naded him as he was flying upwards. . .hes wasnt just floating, thats when I got it.

Okay, stupid Grease Monkey is the only thing keeping me from having the full 1000. I'll have to re rent the game if a patch comes out I suppose. As far as Fireworks to anyone having problems just grenade everything that flies. I started tossing grenades at Knights and anything that hovered up into the air.