Achievement Troubleshooting

roflcopter14

I know this is an old game and everything, but I know that people like me still rent this game from Gamefly in order to get an "easy" 1000. The only bad part about this title is that a handful of these are very tedious to unlock because 9 times out of 10 they won't unlock after the game when they are rightfully supposed to.

I think I found a way to remedy achievements from not unlocking after around 4 games and 2 hours worth of wasted game time.

I was going for the 350 passing yard achievement in each one of these 4 aforementioned games but to no avail. I got very frustrated and started to read these forums here at x360a and pieced together tidbits of information and I had a brainstorm.

I was running out of options until I decided I had nothing to lose.

What I ended up doing was I went to the DASHBOARD >>> SYSTEM SETTINGS >>> MEMORY >>> PRESS Y ON YOUR HARD DRIVE >>> CLEAR SYSTEM CACHE

Also I took it a step further and deleted my entire file of NCAA 07 profile, dynasty, etc.

I loaded up the game (connnected to XBL) and DECLINED the update. I then proceeded to play a PLAY NOW game (OSU vs. San Jose). Low and behold at the end of the game i had around 400+ passing yardage and sure enough, the achievement popped at the end of the game.

In short, CLEAR YOUR CACHE, ERASE YOUR ENTIRE NCAA07 FILE, DECLINE THE XBL UPDATE and DO NOT ADJUST ANY OF THE IN-GAME SETTINGS (such as TIME or DIFFICULTY).

After you get your achievement/s, sign into XBL and update your game. You still should have the gamerscore from the achievement/s earned in the previous game.

After that, if you have more IN-GAME achievements that need unlocking, use this same process and you should be golden.

Just used my same method again while trying for the "ALLOW NO SACKS" achievement and it worked flawlessly again.

**EDIT** : This method also worked when I was going for the HELD UNDER 100 YARDS achievement.

It also worked for the achievement SHUTOUT.

Edited by roflcopter14

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Tried this but I couldn't get 500 yards to pop. Its my last achievement and I already have the 0G achievement for "Level 4" which is supposed to be for having all 1000GS....

Yeah, this achievement won't pop up for me at all.....and I've tried this method over and over, along with different methods.

• 6 months later...
  • 11 months later...

More data regarding "500+ total yards" and "Allow no sacks"

I played 6 games meeting these requirements, but no achievements. I tried the various fixes offered on this site, and the one that finally worked for me was the following:

Delete ALL save files, rosters, etc.

Delete cache

Did NOT update

Played offline and got both within 2 games

For some of the other "perform action x" achievements, simply deleting the files and cache but playing WITH the update worked, but not the above two for some reason.

I'm not sure why it worked this way, just reporting in case it helps. Thank you to all you helpers out there.

• 2 months later...