guide, lap it up.. last challenge

willdeman

it´s not so hard, i played the game 1000g you must have a fast start. than tap the A button to make full speed. try to tap every slide green don't make mistakes. in de corners there are black lines. don´t cross them only with your hands... need more help send me a messagegt: willdeman

Edited by willdeman

Here's how I did it..

1. Make sure your in the inside lane just restart til you are and count to around 10 from ready to get the best start

2. Hit B to go into first person its sooo much easier for the A button presses

3. Be sure to almost be on the black dots as you go round a corner to keep it as tight as possible round the bends

4. As your approaching a corner hold down left trigger near the end of the A button press sequence so you get into the corner straight away

It took a few goes but it seemed the simplest way for me, I even made a few cock ups on the A button presses and got away with it.

Edited by Dead Herb

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got 1000G over last night and today.... This is quite easy, just stay tight and get a good start. I got it after a while but that was through making silly mistakes - you can get away with a few yellows but no reds, just restart if that happens.

The hardest is dont touch..... many people say take it slow, but it becomes harder to control at lower speeds. Go into training mode and practice for a bit down the whole course and learn the lines needed =]

• 2 weeks later...

This took me ages to get, it is hard.

I will share the strategy that got me the achievement:

The start of the race

At the start of the race, you have to wait a random amount of time before you can start. It is down to chance whether you get a good start. After the random man has fired his gun, start hammering the :abut: button to gather speed and aim to overtake all three competitors on the first corner.

Fortunately, a good start is not essential, in fact I think it is worse. Try for a start of around 85, this should be around the average start, unless you're a jedi. The reason a good start is worse, is because the CPU skaters will always get a good start and you end up fighting for the line around the first turn. Most of the time you will end up getting pushed to the inside past the black markers and lose a considerable amount of speed. With an average start you can see a gap on the inside and just go for it. Hammer :abut: whilst making the first turn and aim to fill your speed gauge. Hug the corner and try to get a good line coming into the first straight.

First person mode

There are two views which can be used for this event, the first person and third person (default).

The first person perspective makes gathering speed much easier than third person. You get a bar ala Guitar Hero to judge when to push :abut:, whereas in third person you have to use the skater's feet touching the ice. It also makes it much easier to judge the corners. Use :bbut: to switch to first person mode, after you have toggled the mode it will be enabled until you quit the event. The start sequence is always done in third person, however.

Gathering speed, timing :abut: button pushes

You will be gaining speed in two ways, by hammering :abut: during the start sequence, sprinting like Usain Bolt on ice and when timing your :abut: button pushes correctly when travelling along a straight. Successful button pushes will increase the speed gauge at the top of the screen. You will lose speed if you cross the inner boundary on the track or mistime your pushes on a straight.

For the start just hammer :abut: as fast as possible. 'Nuff said.

For the straights you will have the opportunity to get 4-5 pushes depending on your line coming out of the turn (You can aim the skater across the straight and get another push, but its best to take the shortest route around a lap). Aim to get them all or your speed gauge will be affected. Some pushes appear just at the start of a turn, try to hit these as they will affect your speed coming out of the turn.

It isn't essential to get all green, but it helps. As long as the gauge is 80%+ full for each turn.

Cornering

Good turns are the only way to get this achievement. First person mode is the easiest way to judge your turns. Stay as close to the black inside track markers as possible, aim to have the black markers passing just above the bottom left hand corner of the screen for the final half of the turn so you have a good line coming into the next straight. If you mess up and go inside the markers, restart event as regaining this much speed is a killer.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...