Whats the trick to hacking?

bottlerocket13

Have the right tonics. Make sure to reveal most of the tiles before moving the pipes, the last thing you want is to create a path right into a trap.

I usually use automatic hack tools instead because you will always have loads of money.

Edited by DogPoloni

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Its more or less random where most of the tiles are each time you start however some of the beginning pieces are the same (eg. the safe has two tiles formed in a half circle that you need to deal with very quickly).

You can save before hacking though most hacks aren't hard. Early in the game there are very few alarm/overload tiles and later in the game you should get tonics to help you (especially since you should max ouch the tonic tracks for achievements anyway).

Only times I used the auto hack tool was for safe's or when I was feeling lazy lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I did not find hacking that complicated. Tonics will come in handy.

My basic strategy consist in making a couple of turns in the begining (or using a "slow" part if you have to buy you some time to get most of the tiles on the way to the exit. This way you avoid a path that ends in a alarm.

After that it gets pretty easy. Just make your way around the alarms and get to the exit tile.

Most of the hacks I would do, as I found them quite good. But you can also buy them out with auto-hacks.

Hope it helps...

Cheers

My methods are to always hack if the difficulty is below the halfway point, if it's above that I'll usually auto-hack.. Now if I don't have a tool I'll usually give it a few goes anyway, I usually have plenty of first aids so it's not too bad.

-Kaleb B.

• 1 year later...

I find it easier to see every tile before so I know that I don't build the path right into a trap. Tonics helps too by adding time and removing some alarm and overload tiles. You can always save before hacking this way you make sure that you won't loose that much if you load your save.

I always found the hacking as easy and fun. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Just flip as many tiles as you can before the liquid starts flowing.... Your engineering tonics are also important for the insane difficulty hacks, I also like to flip over tiles heading towards the finish because you're gonna need to switch those tiles to finish anyways.