There is a lot of bad things I can take with video games...

SHawk996

But horrid controls aren't one of them. By far the biggest, most annoying thing ever. How did this game make it to production? How was it, that I just got done 1k'ing Kung Fu Panda, a kids game, and it's controls were smooth as glass compared to this game? There is just simply not anything nearly as frustrating as dealing with a horrible third person view, always having to switch to the so-so first person, and always getting mixed up between the two. These controls are right up there with "Rogue Warrior" and "Jumper"

:uzi::uzi::uzi:

• 1 month later...

"Alone in the Dark" handles just like the Resident Evil series.

It has third person view with slow walking/running, and you can combine inventory items.

The controls are bearable once you put forth a little effort to learn them.

Alone In The Dark 1000/1000

Edited by E vee dub

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

It's not even worth taking the time to get used to the controls. And I shouldn't have to spend hours getting used to piss poor controls in the first place. If the developers had done their job with any semblance of ability, the controls would have been smooth as silk from moment one.

It seems like they spent all their time and money designing a new game engine and said "F it" when it came to the actual game play. This seems to be more common and that's a sad, sad thing. Way too many crappy games making to store shelves at $60 a pop. Look at Darkest of Days: spent all their time and money on creating an engine and sacrificed the actual game play. Just use an existing engine until there are enough finances to focus on both.

Edited by Wolverine674

Just finished the game and I go to say I'm so glad to see the back of it, the while thr story was interesting, the music was amazing and the graphics ok the controls where abysmal! They where so clunky and unresponsive and you had to open your inventory way way too much. The least said about the driving the better!

Shame really, could have been a great game with decent controls.

I almost sent this game back before getting to the 3rd level... and that's saying a lot because I am a huge completionist!! However after putting some real effort into it I got the controllers down now. You just need to put a bit of time and practice into the game.

For the record I do think the combat/fighting setup is one of the worst I have played. Definately rental material and nothing more.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
"Alone in the Dark" handles just like the Resident Evil series.

It has third person view with slow walking/running, and you can combine inventory items.

The controls are bearable once you put forth a little effort to learn them.

Alone In The Dark 1000/1000

UHM WHOA NOW! Don't you ever compare Resident Evil to this garbage. Especially the controls! The controls in Resident Evil were a lot more smoother and weren't as stubborn and glitchy as Alone in the Dark's. Sure the set up may have been similar but they were no where near the same!

• 5 months later...
The game is actually pretty good, but it is true that the controls are a pain in the ass. But once you get used to them, you can enjoy it a lot. Love how the story is told.

I also enjoyed this title and recommend getting it, as it is only $6 at gamestop. True, the combat and camera controls are awful at first; but I got the hang of them in about 15 mtinutes. It's a quick game, that has a great story and gameplay similar to alan wake. 7/10

• 3 years later...