A method that works

TpYourHouse

You can do this glitch through either easy/normal play-through. For the guy who can't get it to work, wait till he just knocks (right when you start to fly back) you back for the last time then switch. That's when I did it and it worked. Mine popped up at the last cut-scene. I think this glitch is all based on timing.

It has nothing to do with timing, I think you can switch it to hard anytime before the cut scene hits at the end of the fight.

Edited by TpYourHouse

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/271/00000003.jpg

Brass Balls100 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg

Complete the game on Hard difficulty without using a Vita-Chamber

I guess the clues there. Not play through the entire game on Hard, just complete.

Tried again today-went through the entire game on easy on a memory card with no Bioshock data on it whatsoever and used this method at the end-worked no problem. Probably took 3-4 hours to run through though.

Thanks TpYourHouse and if you cannot get it i would advise doing what I did-start a new game with no related saves whatsoever i.e. on a seperate storage device, start a new game, make sure that difficulty is set to easy and disable vita chambers set to ON. Then quit out and start another new game and run through the game and use this great method to get the two cheevos.

Good luck.

Tried again today-went through the entire game on easy on a memory card with no Bioshock data on it whatsoever and used this method at the end-worked no problem. Probably took 3-4 hours to run through though.

Thanks TpYourHouse and if you cannot get it i would advise doing what I did-start a new game with no related saves whatsoever i.e. on a seperate storage device, start a new game, make sure that difficulty is set to easy and disable vita chambers set to ON. Then quit out and start another new game and run through the game and use this great method to get the two cheevos.

Good luck.

You say you didn't have any Bioshock data on that memory card at all, what about the DLC? was that on it?

Can anyone confirm that this glitch still works? Was thinking about running through this real quick since BS2 just came out. Any feedback would be appreciated! Also - just to clarify if it does still work, I basically just need to delete all my current save games, put it on easy, and turn off vita chambers?

Can anyone confirm that this glitch still works? Was thinking about running through this real quick since BS2 just came out. Any feedback would be appreciated! Also - just to clarify if it does still work, I basically just need to delete all my current save games, put it on easy, and turn off vita chambers?

To clarify, yes it still works.

Wow.... everyone that did this, needs to get some skill and stop cheating.

Wow... everyone that does this (yes, you gxnxr) and post negative comments on a thread meant to help people, need to get some life skills and not read threads about glitches if they know that they're going to get worked up about it.

So let tell me if this work for getting the achievements.

1. Download the DLC

2. Start up a new game

3. Turn off the Vita-Chambers

4. Start up a new game on easy difficulty

5. Go through the whole game without dying up to Atlas

6. Save and then load a save titled Fontaine

7. Battle Atlas until he has one jar left

8. Once I press A to take his last jar, pause

9. Change difficulty to hard and then resume the game by pressing start

1. Download the DLC

2. Start up a new game

Sorry, I know this is a stupid question but I don't have this yet, (I'm getting both in a few days if the posties do their job...) but is the DLC an extra level or a patch and how much is it?

yup,i finally got this to work

i deleted all my old saves so not to get mixed up(kept the DLC on there for those who were asking)(EDIT:the DLC are extra Plasmids that are available at Gatherers Gardens)

and this time on easy i didn't use any vita chambers(whether that was a factor or not i don't know)...and i did the method and the two achievements popped up

i didn't touch the options for the vita chambers,i just didn't use them and i got the achievements,without trying to reload the game from a 'fontain' save...i just did it all in one go

i also got the avid inventor achievement,with this run..so 1100/1100 baby!!!

thanks for your help

Edited by metallicorphan

1. Download the DLC

2. Start up a new game

Yeah, you nailed it.

Sorry, I know this is a stupid question but I don't have this yet, (I'm getting both in a few days if the posties do their job...) but is the DLC an extra level or a patch and how much is it?

dlc is extra plasmids (if you don't know what they are you will soon :D) and i'm fairly sure it's free

I personally had no need to use the glitch, game isn't exactly super hard (just save often) and it's definitly fun enough to want to play again

although my brother still needs his big brass balls achievement adn seen as i can't be arsed with watching and waiting for him to do it for days on end think i'll direct him here :D

I personally had no need to use the glitch, game isn't exactly super hard (just save often) and it's definitly fun enough to want to play again

although my brother still needs his big brass balls achievement adn seen as i can't be arsed with watching and waiting for him to do it for days on end think i'll direct him here :D

I agree the game is not that challenging on hard. But for the purpose of getting the achievement as fast as possible and as easily as possible is great! You only need to play one playthrough to get 100% on this game. Which saves you time! After all, isnt that what this site is for, finding ways to get the achievements the fastest and easiest way possible? Correct me if I am wrong

Guys,

I tried the above guide... didn't work at first. I didn't have the 'disable Vita-Chambers' options available.

I got it sorted by doing what this guy said in this link;

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=203602

I tried the above method again, and it popped up at the point where the little girl gives you the key to the city.

Thanks lads. Good effort.

I think this guide could be made a sticky now... As so many have found it to work!