A method that works

TpYourHouse

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've watched the video few times, tried this trick about 10+ times but doesn't seem to work, everything is followed as the guide said but still nothing...

I also tried as soon as i gain control of my character i switched it on Hard and beat Fontaine on hard but still nope...

I've turned off Vita-chamber, press A then START straight after, changed from Easy to Hard and hit the START button, done this 10+ times also watched the cutscene 10+ times but nothing... Only thing popped up was my friends, that i keep thinking it was the achievements lol

I've watched the video few times, tried this trick about 10+ times but doesn't seem to work, everything is followed as the guide said but still nothing...

I also tried as soon as i gain control of my character i switched it on Hard and beat Fontaine on hard but still nope...

I've turned off Vita-chamber, press A then START straight after, changed from Easy to Hard and hit the START button, done this 10+ times also watched the cutscene 10+ times but nothing... Only thing popped up was my friends, that i keep thinking it was the achievements lol

by any chance, did you die during any point on your playthrough on easy and spawned in a vita chamber

by any chance, did you die during any point on your playthrough on easy and spawned in a vita chamber

Possibly, i'm unsure. The reason being is, i've completed BioShock 2 couple days ago and thought "hey let's give my BioShock 1 that's covered in dust another playthrough" (i haven't played it for couple of years i think or longer).

So anyways, i put the disc in, updated and when i was on there wasn't an option of "Vita-Chamber" but i figured it out by re-installing the Plasmids download.

After, i switched it to OFF for the Vita-Chamber, load Fontaine and followed the trick but nuh-uh, nothing...

Also, many times i played it on Hard when facing Fontaine but it is still on Easy as all his attacks are weak and i can kill him pretty easily, but there is one occasion when i thought him on Hard and got my ass handed to me on the last Adam drain...!

Is that the reason? The game didn't change to Hard when i switched it (it displays Hard, but gameplay is actually on Easy Mode still)?

So let tell me if this work for getting the achievements.

1. Download the DLC

2. Start up a new game

3. Turn off the Vita-Chambers

4. Start up a new game on easy difficulty

5. Go through the whole game without dying up to Atlas

6. Save and then load a save titled Fontaine

7. Battle Atlas until he has one jar left

8. Once I press A to take his last jar, pause

9. Change difficulty to hard and then resume the game by pressing start

Confirmed just now. Instead of playing through and defeating Atlas then reloading the save back at the main menu, I just played through on Easy the first time and switched difficultys right at the last jar after hitting A to drain it. Worked like a charm. Extremely useful tip, great find guys.:uzi::eek:

I finally got it worked, been reloading saves but it didn't work.

This is what i've done to made it work, and get that 140G :)

1. I re-downloaded the DLC plasmid but i downloaded it on my other silver account.
  2. Start BioShock and load any previous save and change "Vita-Chamber" to 'OFF', just remember not to die... But on easy, you won't unless you just suck very bad... (I healed when my life is about 40% health remaining, just incase huge explosions hit me)
  3. Exit after you done that change on Step 2.
  4. Start a NEW game, on EASY.
  5. Go to Options, make sure it's on Easy and Vita-Chamber is OFF, if not redo the previous steps.
  6. Rush through the game, took me from 5pm to 12pm but i had 2 hour dinner break, so only 5 hour-ish to complete on Easy and also i was doing my Research Phd achievement, so you could do it less than 5 hour.
  7. Once you get to the end (before taking the elevator to fight Fontaine) SAVE.
  8. Make sure you're ready, take elevator up and prepare to fight him.
  9. Once you've drained 3 of his 4 ADAMS, and on your last drain hit A button and QUICKLY hit START button straight after.
  10. Now in OPTIONS, scroll left once on Difficulty Setting to change it to Hard Mode.
  11. NOW, HIT START BUTTON to submit your changes and watch the cutscene :)
  12. When the little sister hands you the key, VIOLA! Achievement of 140G, if you followed this correctly.

Just make sure not to die and restart in Vita-Chamber, otherwise you'll need to restart this strategy again.

I'm just saying what i've done (to whoever that had the same problem as me before, of not getting the achievement from reloading the Fontaine save) but kudos to the founder of this glitch!

If this thread helps you in any way at all, rate it 5*. :woop:

I found this in a different thread where everyone (including me) was claiming that the glitch method to get "Brass Balls" and "Seriously Good At This" were not working, the reason it has not been working for you guys is simple, you MUST press the start button after changing the difficulty to hard after you stab Atlas for the last time, both achievements will unlock on the cut-scene where you are in the submarine with the girls surfacing out of the water, then you will get 2 for 140G. I hope this gets added to the main guide or something so people will stop getting confused and wasting their time with this. I am going to make a video and upload it to Youtube to prove that this method works once and for all.

Here is a video showing you how to get Brass Balls and Seriously Good At This. Just follow the red annotations in the video:

YouTube- Bioshock Brass Balls guide

If anyone had trouble getting it to work you either:

1.) Died during the game.

2.) Didn't turn off the chambers.

3.) Didn't have the dlc and updates.

4.) Didn't change the difficulty to hard.

5.) Cleared the system cache and played it off-line

6.) Didn't press the start button like you were supposed to do.

7.) Played through the whole game, died, then turned the chambers off.

8.) Some or all of the above.

Some people are saying after they made sure none of the above was the reason it wasn't working that they still couldn't get the achievements, the only thing left for you to do is to start a new game.... But I wouldn't give up, keep trying to get it to work, you may surprise yourself and get it right. I was about to start a brand new game and I did it the right way and saved hours of time. I am in the process of making a new video that copies the video above but shows the achievements popping up as even more proof that this glitch actually works.

I did this method and it work! None of the other methods worked for me so many thanks TpYourHouse

i wouldn't go so much as to say all these people are lying but i definetly am not getting it to unluck by doing it this way either....for sure never died, vita-chambers turned on, tried about 10 times last night (3 times the way it says) and the other 7 doing things a little bit different.....extremely frustrated seeing as how this was my 3rd/4th playthrough and i'm still stuck at 960/1100

i tried it a couple of times and didnt work for me. i think the problem for me is that in the beginning of the game i chose hard and then switch back to easy like 10 mins later. i also started that game with disable vita chamber off then switch it on once i got into the water at the beginning of the game. other than that i did everything correctly.

i started a new game turned the diable vita-chambers ON then quit and started a new game with them already on and the difficulty on easy....played the whole game on easy and switched at the very end when i hit A to draint he last adam....then reloaded and tried switching a few different points, still no achievements....now i'm scared to play through on hard with fear they might still pop up..

..once i tried switching the diffictuly to hard at the beginning of the battle and it seriously felt like there was no difference in health/skill of fontaine...like it was stuck on easy?

You say you didn't have any Bioshock data on that memory card at all, what about the DLC? was that on it?

Well the DLC was still saved to my hard drive but im honestly not sure if that would have carried across to my memory card playthrough as I neither checked, nor used any of the DLC's benefits...

I'm thinking about trying this while BF:BC servers are down as i need, a couple of photo achievements aswell as these two.

I loaded my save on fontain, switched the difficulty like you said but no achievement, however i did use a vita chamber once, so would this effect the achievement for doing the whole thing on hard?

My point is, i'm going to go through again but wanna make sure i do it right.

1) Delete all previous saved games

2) Get the DLC again

3) Start a game, disable vita chambers

4) Start a new game on easy

5) Run through game on easy

6) Fight fontaine on easy

7) after hitting A to drain last adam, press start

8) Hit right on the D-pad to change to hard, then press start

9) be patient

Is this about right? don't wanna go through again and mess it up for the second time!

Just did this using the German version and got "Seriously good at this" without a problem (didn't have the DLC because I forgot it).

I just feel a bit dirty now, but oh well.

EDIT: Tried with US version, easy savegame at Fontaine, with DLC, no achievement after changing difficulty. I guess I might have changed difficulty from Normal to Easy back then because well, I wasn't seriously good at it.

Edited by mindphluxnet