A method that works

TpYourHouse

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok besides the whole "timing" debate, I have another question (as always sorry if I'm repeating something that's been answered):

if I download the DLC and everything but then play OFFLINE (as in unplug the internet), can I still get the two achievements?

And if I play on Easy mode do I still have to make sure I don't die or can I die, turn the Vita-Chambers off before I fight Fontaine, save in the elevator and haul ass like the video?

ok besides the whole "timing" debate, I have another question (as always sorry if I'm repeating something that's been answered):

if I download the DLC and everything but then play OFFLINE (as in unplug the internet), can I still get the two achievements?

And if I play on Easy mode do I still have to make sure I don't die or can I die, turn the Vita-Chambers off before I fight Fontaine, save in the elevator and haul ass like the video?

Delete the DLC and install it on another account (just make another one as it's free) then log back into your main account you should have the DLC's, quickly start a new game change the DLC to "Vita-Chambers OFF" and exit the game and start a new game, now you should have "Vita-Chamber OFF" just after you've start a new game.

Finish the whole game on Easy without dying (if you've died, start all again) then do that glitch at the end but only change at the end, if you changed too early... Start the game again from scratch.

Also, you don't have to play OFFLINE to get the achievements, i've played online and still got it.

i don't have XBL per se, i've gotta drag my xbox form my room (along with a tv) to hook it up the modem for my computer *sad face* so if I have to play online for the achieves i'm pooched...

and i started a game on Easy, as soon as I crashed I disabled the Chambers and am currently going through the game, collecting everything as I go. I'm in Fort Frolic right now so if I can unlock he achieves I'll repost a confirmation for the umpteenth time.

Edited by ApocalypticJoker
I CAN'T TYPE

i don't have XBL per se, i've gotta drag my xbox form my room (along with a tv) to hook it up the modem for my computer *sad face* so if I have to play online for the achieves i'm pooched...

and i started a game on Easy, as soon as I crashed I disabled the Chambers and am currently going through the game, collecting everything as I go. I'm in Fort Frolic right now so if I can unlock he achieves I'll repost a confirmation for the umpteenth time.

Just make sure - You don't and never died, do not change the settings whilst playing - only at the last boss and Vita-Chamber turned OFF.

holy crap I got it with this method!

started a brand new game file on Easy, set the Chambers off blah blah blah and got it. Also, I got OFFLINE and it popped when the Little Sisters gave me the key to Rapture, NOT when the Bathysphere was surfacing...a little out of sync with th eother people but it DID work!

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I'd chime in and say that this definitely works. Just popped in Bioshock, loaded Fontaine save, made sure Vita-Chambers were disabled, and right before the last needle went through paused changed difficulty to hard; exited by pressing START. Sure enough during the end cutscene BING 2 for 140G. Saved me a replay, although I wouldn't have minded if needed.

Lu

Great Post TpYourHouse:woop::woop::woop:

I tried few other methods but yours sure worked:bow::bow::bow:.

I loaded my saved game before entering the elevator where the game saves automaticly once you're halfway though the elevator.

I changed the difficulty from EASY to HARD on the final boss as the video instructed and the achievements poped. :omg

Before I began my 1st and only playthough I did Set the “Disable Vita-Chambers” option to ON. so if I died I didn't repawn in the vita chamber but I had to reload my last save point.

I did clear my cache twice before attempting your method for the 2 achievements worth 140 Points ( "Brass Balls" & "Seriously Good At This" )

so I believe cache doesn't effect the two achievements but if you died during the campaign with the Vita Chambers turned off you f#cked up.

Great thread bro.... saved me time from re-plaything this game. I'll replay it again since its a great game but not on hard :p

HOW DO I ERASE PAST SAVED GAMES?!?! There is no option to clear them in the LOAD menu.

Also, does playing offline at some point corrupt the whole game and any other achievements? I have collected ALL audio tapes (I kept a checklist and even went back and re-counted them all in the menus), but it didn't pop when I grabbed the last one.

I got Seriously Good on a previous game using the glitch, but I had been using Vitas. So in my last play through, I played on easy, collected the audio and turned off vitas. Last night, while playing, I realized I wasn’t logged into live. Coincidentally, both Brass Balls and the Historian chievos did NOT pop.

Any advice? I am really stumped here and don't ffeel like playing through AGAIN!!

You don't erase savegames ingame,you do that through your system settings blade.

System settings --> Memory --> Hard Drive --> Games --> Bioshock --> pick savegame to delete --> Delete --> Done

And with your other problem,you should retry but see that you are online,then it should pop.It worked with my savegame so it should do with yours as well.

As for the Audiotapes,check them with the corresponding thread in this subforum and find out,which one you might have missed.It should pop right after you picked up the last audiotape.

Greetz

Cap

You don't erase savegames ingame,you do that through your system settings blade.

System settings --> Memory --> Hard Drive --> Games --> Bioshock --> pick savegame to delete --> Delete --> Done

And with your other problem,you should retry but see that you are online,then it should pop.It worked with my savegame so it should do with yours as well.

As for the Audiotapes,check them with the corresponding thread in this subforum and find out,which one you might have missed.It should pop right after you picked up the last audiotape.

Greetz

Cap

Oh THANK you so much for answering! I'm going to try this now... but before i do i am going to try and go back a bit in saves and replay... maybe playing offline corrupted the game. I have to say that I am 100% confident I grabbed every tape because i sat with a printed checklist and marked each one as I got them. And twice i went into my message log and counted all 122 and double-checked every one a third time. it's driving me nuts. maybe my game was fucked and i need to go back a bit and try to pick up that last one again.

anyway - thanks. one way or another, i'll get it eventually... i just dont feel like playing through again!

I know,how you feel about going through again.Why don't you put the game away for some time and play another one and some time later (a few weeks or even months) pick it up again and play it through again.That way you will still know the mechanics of the game but maybe the fun in playing it will be bigger. :)

At least that is what i do,if i feel,i got stuck in a game or if i wanna get an achievement but can only get it in a similar way.

Greetz

Cap

HOW DO I ERASE PAST SAVED GAMES?!?! There is no option to clear them in the LOAD menu.

Also, does playing offline at some point corrupt the whole game and any other achievements? I have collected ALL audio tapes (I kept a checklist and even went back and re-counted them all in the menus), but it didn't pop when I grabbed the last one.

I got Seriously Good on a previous game using the glitch, but I had been using Vitas. So in my last play through, I played on easy, collected the audio and turned off vitas. Last night, while playing, I realized I wasn’t logged into live. Coincidentally, both Brass Balls and the Historian chievos did NOT pop.

Any advice? I am really stumped here and don't ffeel like playing through AGAIN!!

Erasing saves is very time consuming, I had to erase over 200 saves and it took quite a while. It might be easier to do a restore default settings on the HDD :eek: /sarcasm. I am glad this thread is helping everyone. If I can answer any more questions I will be sure to post them on the 1st post. If you end up having to play it over again to get Brass Balls I would just rush through it and not even take my time on it. I wouldn't gather Adam or anything, I would just do my objectives ya know.

• 2 weeks later...