Perfect Dark Achievement Guide & Roadmap

Wilmo X

yeah but then they tend to run away from you which means you have to follow them so might take a while, could always put them as easy or meat judge sims i suppose that way they should always come for you but being easy should miss 99% of the time :D

They only run away if you have no weapons out!

Nostalgia Alert!

Ages ago, me and a friend were messing about on PD and we set all weapons to laptop gun, then we hid in a certain part of ravine where there was limited access and popped down a laptop gun by the entrance, then picked up another laptop gun and had it equipped ready to replace the defending turret.

This caused all the peacesims to come running into our 'death corridor' and get mowed down. When the laptop ran out, I simply replaced it and picked up a new one!

Ahhh good times! :)

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am thinking that the Crowning Glory achievement has to do with getting par times on each single player level in the game. In Banjo Tooie on XBLA, there were bonus challenges (not achievements but in game awards) that gave you crowns for completing levels quick enough. I bet that this is going to be similar. I could be wrong but that is just my hunch.

OK dude, I've wrote a nice guide with all the requirements for the tools of the trade achievement (as well as all silver and gold medals)

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=213073

Which i'll try to get stickied at some point aswell

Also just notices for the maian weapon achievement, the pheonix can be found in 4.2 not 4.1 however you have to knock out the mechanic working on the interceptor rather than kill him, then he'll open the door for you near the start of 4.2

Also i don't remember there being one on mission 8, is it not on mission 9 and doest it require you to destroy the 2 extra columns?

I am thinking that the Crowning Glory achievement has to do with getting par times on each single player level in the game. In Banjo Tooie on XBLA, there were bonus challenges (not achievements but in game awards) that gave you crowns for completing levels quick enough. I bet that this is going to be similar. I could be wrong but that is just my hunch.

you may be right, guess we'll just have to wait and see :)

Thanks for the early guide. I'd been wondering for a while if the wine collection was going to be something added to Carrington's office or be like the glitch where you could pump Carrington full of knives. Silly me forgetting the wine in the villa.

I'm not looking forward to completing all the challenges again. Nearly killed me back in the day, though with my N64 broken, I can't check to see if I finished them legit or cheated. (On the plus side, I still have the original Nintendo Power strategy guide. :) )

I doubt they'll leave in any of the glitches, or if they do they'll be obvious about it and have fun with it.

New info about the Leaderboard Crowns!

This was said by Nick Ferguson in a video on the xbox dashboard titled 'Perfect Dark: Joanna Know More'... teehee.

"We have a system called crowns which is linked to the leaderboards. So there are hidden objectives, we're not really talking about, we're gonna let the community discover for themselves. So you can unlock a crown for each leaderboard on a specific level."

This sounds really interesting, I don't think I can be more hyped if I tried.

All time favourite game, now with improved gameplay and online play.

The way FPS's should be! None of this regenerating health bar nonsense!

New info about the Leaderboard Crowns!

This was said by Nick Ferguson in a video on the xbox dashboard titled 'Perfect Dark: Joanna Know More'... teehee.

"We have a system called crowns which is linked to the leaderboards. So there are hidden objectives, we're not really talking about, we're gonna let the community discover for themselves. So you can unlock a crown for each leaderboard on a specific level."

Yeah I just saw that earlier and came on to update it! lol

Hi guys,

I already have the game and can provide some clarification about the "crown"-system. In the menus under "Help & Options" is another point called "Awards". Here you have four rows with just the symbols and the name, no explanation.

The first two rows consist of 18 symbols, which leads me to believe that there is maybe one hidden objective in every level of the single player.

They are called from left to right:

First row:

1. No Help Needed (figured that one out already, beat the first level with auto aim disabled, not sure if the difficulty matters, did it on Special Agent)

2. Close Proximity

3. Good Enough For Clint

4. Way Of The Assassin

5. Quickly Does It

6. Bow To The Audience

7. Rapid Radar Shut Down

8. Master Of Disguise

9. Easy Rider

Second Row:

10. I Want To Be Sedated

11. Presidential Predication

12. Magnum P.D.

13. Tick Tick...Boom

14. Can't Touch This

15. Run And Gun

16. Against All Odds...

17. Rocked

18. Invisibility Factor

The Third row maybe has to do with multiplayer, not sure, though.

19. Magnum Forced

20. Three Kings

21. Perfect Head

22. Ninja

23. The Name's Dark...Perfect Dark.

24. Bronze

25. Silver

26. Gold

The fourth and last row just lists the unlockables:

27. Gamer Picture 1

28. Gamer Picture 2

29. Avatar Award 1 (Kill any enemy with a headshot.)

30. Avatar Award 2 (Complete any Special Assignment on any difficulty.)

31. Perfect Dark Theme

I don't alredy have the game :( so i'm going to widely speculate as to what they all mean in the mean time

The first two rows consist of 18 symbols, which leads me to believe that there is maybe one hidden objective in every level of the single player.

*your forgetting theres only 17 proper levels but then theres 4 bonus levels, oblviously first 21 are to do with there specific missions so 1 is dayterdyne defection, 17 is skedar battle shrine etc etc

They are called from left to right:

First row:

1. No Help Needed (figured that one out already, beat the first level with auto aim disabled, not sure if the difficulty matters, did it on Special Agent)

2. Close Proximity:- kill someone using proximity pinball with a grenade?

3. Good Enough For Clint? something to do with the dy357 lx and i assume killing like 6 people with a clip or in a certain time?

4. Way Of The Assassin:- Headshot with sniper rifle on carrington villa

5. Quickly Does It: finish chicargo stealf in like 40seconds

6. Bow To The Audience:- open the safe????

7. Rapid Radar Shut Down:- shut down air intercept radar within a certain time

8. Master Of Disguise:- once getting the labtec uniform don't get detected

9. Easy Rider:- escape using the hover bike

Second Row:

10. I Want To Be Sedated:-sedate a load of people with drug spy/crossbow

11. Presidential PredicationL- something to do with the president?????

12. Magnum P.D.: take trents magnum off him (dy357-lx)

13. Tick Tick...Boom:- ?????

14. Can't Touch This:- finish level without getting shot?

15. Run And Gun: kill people while running?

16. Against All Odds...:?????????

17. Rocked???????

18. Invisibility Factor:? get up the lift without being seen, or entire level maybe (mr blonds revenge)

The Third row maybe has to do with multiplayer, not sure, though.

nah I reacon special levels and training myself

19. Magnum Forced:- get double magnums or psychosis gun the guard who has double magums on mayan sos

20. Three Kings:- kill all 3 skedar leaders on war (incredibly hard, and i mean very, very, very hard)

21. Perfect Head???? headshot someonewithout auto aim????

22. Ninja????? entire level using fists?

23. The Name's Dark...Perfect Dark.:- unlock perfect dark mode

24. Bronze:- all bronze firing range

25. Silver:- all silver firing rnage

26. Gold:- all gold medals firing range

The fourth and last row just lists the unlockables:

27. Gamer Picture 1

28. Gamer Picture 2

29. Avatar Award 1 (Kill any enemy with a headshot.)

30. Avatar Award 2 (Complete any Special Assignment on any difficulty.)

31. Perfect Dark Theme

like i said these are what i think they are i must stress i've not played the xbla version yet so may be completley wrong (thouhg i suspect most are right or close to being right)

Edited by Caramel Cardinal

Awesome pre-release guide dude! Hopefully you'll continue to write. I really like how you gave each achievement an difficulty rating and were really detailed which is something that seem to be coming an issue with many of the guides. Assuming people know as much as you when playing a game don't make a good guide.

On another note I totally found the achievement want to hit 100,000 with. what better game to do it in than a Rareware game (yea I went old school) and Perfect Dark.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1115/+rwCyg==.jpg

How's That For Starters? - 10http://datadyne2023.50webs.com/assets/GUIDE_g.png

Complete dataDyne Central - Defection.

Thanks for the crown list! Rather than speculate I will simply put the list into my guide and we can fill them in as we go along!

Not long to go now! :woop:

Maybe it would be better if you just put a link to my guide?

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=215506

That way you don't have to worry about updates, everything is in one place and not spread over too many topics. Also your thread would be cleaner and just for the achievements, in case disscussions arise.

Maybe it would be better if you just put a link to my guide?

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=215506

That way you don't have to worry about updates, everything is in one place and not spread over too many topics. Also your thread would be cleaner and just for the achievements, in case disscussions arise.

Ah but then it's not a guide, more a table of contents to other guides!

I will direct discussion into your thread though! ;)

Thanks for the crown list! Rather than speculate I will simply put the list into my guide and we can fill them in as we go along!

Not long to go now! :woop:

i demand speculation, i need something to fill the time with :D

looking great now dude, just remember to submit it in the submit forum when it's finished to get it uploaded to the site :)