Order MHF

mcnichoj

It's labeled "Beginner's Package" so I assume it comes with a starter subscription card. No other packages are listed as of now nor any extra subscription cards.

http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-4s1z-71-br-49-en-15-monster+hunter-84-j-70-3r5d.html

What if I cant speak or read Japanese? Can I get through it?

What if I cant speak or read Japanese? Can I get through it?
It'll be fifty-fifty. If you played any of the other games in the fanchise then you should be able to get your way around but then again it is an MMO and I assume English using players will be a minority. Having a party is vital for the harder missions.

Just a note from the official Q&A.

http://xbox360.mh-frontier.jp/faq/q7/q7_07.html (in Japanese)

Q: Can we play Xbox360 MHF outside of Japan?

A: You can't play this outside of Japan and there's no plans for providing service outside of Japan. Please note that you can't play even if you purchased "Monster Hunter Frontier Online Beginner's Package".

• 3 weeks later...

Crap that sucks, it sounds like the game is going to be region locked :( I hope not and I hope there is a way around getting it to play. Usually all MH or MMO JP games are that way but that doesn't mean there isn't a way around it. I'd say if you played MH2 on PS2 before and have played many other MH games then you should be able to figure it out. I have played em all but not much of MH2 so I had a hard time while playing Frontier on the PC trying to figure out how to do alot of things.

GT:BlackRob183

• 2 weeks later...
Just a note from the official Q&A.

http://xbox360.mh-frontier.jp/faq/q7/q7_07.html (in Japanese)

Q: Can we play Xbox360 MHF outside of Japan?

A: You can't play this outside of Japan and there's no plans for providing service outside of Japan. Please note that you can't play even if you purchased "Monster Hunter Frontier Online Beginner's Package".

IP region lock?

There's a way around that.

IP region lock?

There's a way around that.

yea, if their is any way at all to make this work id be interested to hear it, the 360 isnt like a pc where you can log into a proxy server and trick it, if they block american IP's then thats the nail in the coffin, of course someone smarter than me(their are many lol) may have a solution, but I certainly dont see it being possible

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
yea, if their is any way at all to make this work id be interested to hear it, the 360 isnt like a pc where you can log into a proxy server and trick it, if they block american IP's then thats the nail in the coffin, of course someone smarter than me(their are many lol) may have a solution, but I certainly dont see it being possible

of course you can simply proxy your internet connection and forward it to the 360 (you will need 2 network cards in your PC). But that you will a pain to play, since it will be slow and you will have to pay for the proxy (free or trial proxies disconnects you regularly).