Chaos Rising Achievment Guide

In regards to the achievement below:

Purist - 50 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg

Complete a mission on the Space Hulk with 4 Terminators in Chaos Rising.

I have lost my save from the first campaign and thus have started Chaos Rising fresh. I have 3 Terminator armor's with me found in the missions up to the space hulk, is there ANY chance I can find a 4th Terminator armor in the first space hulk mission and use it on all party members for the 2nd and final mission?

Or am I allowed to use the 3 Terminator armors on my party and use the Dreadnought as the 4th unit?

You have to use 4 armors, so you can't have Dreadnought in a squad. And yes, in first mission on Space Hulk you can find 4th armor.

Thanks but I just couldnt find my 4th armor prior to the 2nd Space Hulk mission. The 3rd one I had found on the first Space Hulk mission already. During the Space Hulk mission the orders stipulated that I could get back to find the vials at a later stage? I made a backup of my save prior to the that so perhaps I will give it a bash and see if the mission is available even after its due time expires.

Or else start a fresh campaign in Dawn of War 2 to keep the terminator armor for Chaos Rising. Bummer.

About the "Forbidden Knowledge" achievement:

There are two missions on the Space Hulk. The first one is mandatory but the second one is optional. You have 3 days to do the second one after doing the first. In the second you have to recover Galen's log. After the mission the log is in your inventory as an expendable item. When you dispose of it you get message in your mission log and this achievement.

One thing, disposing of the log gives all squads corruption so if you want to be pure and have a redeeming item hold onto it until you get this.

Can anyone explain to me what the last sentence even means? Hold onto it until we get this? What is this? The last sentence doesn't make any sense.

One thing, disposing of the log gives all squads corruption

Yeah that I understand.

if you want to be pure and have a redeeming item

Well, if your want to be pure, you equip your squad with pure items or do quests that gives you pure points.

hold onto it until you get this.

Hold the log until I get what?

I suppose he meant the achievement with this.

You should keep that redeeming item (there is a scroll item which erases some [iirc 8 points for all squads] corruption when used) until the achievement popped up so that you can erase the corruption level which the log will cause when you donate it to stay pure. Or, like you've mentioned before, you can redeem yourself with special mission objectives or wearing certain equipment afterwards as well. ;)

All clear? :)

And about the purist achievement: I got it on my second playthrough on a higher difficulty level though i met the requirements in my first playthrough too. Looks like some kind of bug/glitch. :confused:

Thanks but I just couldnt find my 4th armor prior to the 2nd Space Hulk mission. The 3rd one I had found on the first Space Hulk mission already. During the Space Hulk mission the orders stipulated that I could get back to find the vials at a later stage? I made a backup of my save prior to the that so perhaps I will give it a bash and see if the mission is available even after its due time expires.

Or else start a fresh campaign in Dawn of War 2 to keep the terminator armor for Chaos Rising. Bummer.

Unfortunately you can't go back to SH later, you must have 3 armors before those 2 missions. You should complete current campaign, and after that start a new one on lowest difficulty to get purist. I am sure, that you can find 3 armors in CR (but don't remember in which missions they are :/) before Space Hulk.

Unfortunately you can't go back to SH later, you must have 3 armors before those 2 missions. You should complete current campaign, and after that start a new one on lowest difficulty to get purist. I am sure, that you can find 3 armors in CR (but don't remember in which missions they are :/) before Space Hulk.

Thanks, I have completed the campaign so now my plan is to start a new campaign on DoW 2 vanilla on Primarch and then take it to Chaos Rising on Primarch as well. Its going to be a tough ride.

• 3 months later...

Manipulator - 25 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg

Score 500,000 in The Last Stand with the Hive Tyrant or Sorcerer in Chaos Rising.

This has to be in one match only or per total?

Manipulator - 25 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg

Score 500,000 in The Last Stand with the Hive Tyrant or Sorcerer in Chaos Rising.

This has to be in one match only or per total?

In one match. Not too hard if you get a half decent team who last till probably around wave 9/10 without dying. I got lucky and got it my first time playing.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...