Free Microsoft Points?

KING COREY 23

well my friends have been sending me links and saying you can get free Microsoft points. 1 guy is my neighbor so i trust him (or else i beat his ass)..but they keep sending me links like this..he sas if you click it and refer enough people you get points. then i looked on facebook and alot of other people r doing this..can any1 confirm this?

- Link Removed -

Edited by Jdm

Look it is a scam, i was a victim in the past; but i got my account back quickly thank god. :)

What it usually ask's is for you to type in your gamertag & your password.

So you give them your gamertag, you won't get any microsoft points at all, but your account will be stolen.

You will think that it got 'hacked' but in reality your gamertag cannot be hacked unless you gave someone your password, which is this case, would be those websites.

So it looks like your 'neighbour' has been 'hacked', the 'hacker' will send a message with the link to 'free microsoft points' & continue to steal account after account after account. :(

Edited by PureTechniquex

well my friends have been sending me links and saying you can get free Microsoft points. 1 guy is my neighbor so i trust him (or else i beat his ass)..but they keep sending me links like this..he sas if you click it and refer enough people you get points. then i looked on facebook and alot of other people r doing this..can any1 confirm this?

- Link Removed -

Please join my group on Facebook... "Gulible idiots who wish to let me phish their details because they believe everything on Facebook, especially free stuff"

No, there's nothing free on the interwebz, there's always a price. Usually hidden. Or worse. I'm just saying.

I assume you guys are talking about the mspointsgenerator.com, since the link was removed? When I first noticed almost 5 identical messages about this, I instantly thought it was some scam and that they're accounts were stolen, considering most of them I know very well. I sent them a message asking what my real life name was, to see if they're accounts had indeed been stolen. Apparently they hadn't been...

I checked out the website, and it does not ask for your account or password. it just generates a code when a certain amount of people have visited the link. I don't see how this can steal accounts; however, it still seems very risky. i didn't notice any ads on the website, so I'm not sure how this would benefit them in any way. Don't think its legal either way...

I got one of those links in an xbl message last night, i got it today, excited about the mw2 stimulus package, and lacking 15 dollars, i decided to give it a try.

Here's what i did:

1. i went on my iphone with the link for 1 view, for the next 4 required link hits, i went to 4 computers up and down my hall (i am in college, just asked to borrow computers and typed in the links)

I quickly had 5 hits, which is the minimum number needed to get "1600 MSP".

2. excited i clicked for my free code, it said i had to do a "free quiz" to unlock the code, easy enough i did the "what naruto character are you?" quiz, finished it. and a window popped up saying "You have just unlocked PREMIUM CONTENT!!"

WOOOOO:drunk

not so much, it unlocked 5 of the 25 digits of a code....

3. i continued on, feeling as though i had already come too far to give up.

I made it all the way to 20/25 digits.

At this point i hit a brick wall. It gave me 10 offers. I only had to do one to get the last 5 questionable digits. 5 of the offers were "trials", you had to do a silver (free), gold (trial), and then a platinum (something like one month of netflix or gamefly). Then the other 5 were straight up purchases.

At this point i gave up because they started asking for socials, credit card numbers, etc etc.

So yes, it is indeed a scam. I dont know if the code would have worked if i had done the last step, but ive taken enough interweb risks for one day. and i guess ill take a trip to walmart and buy a points card :rolleyes:

I've been getting quite a few messages like this over LIVE for the past few days, someone sent 3 messages within like 15 minutes yesterday.

I haven't even bothered clicking them as i've read many posts from people about getting phished and stuff.

i actually became devoted to something most people would consider a scam. i started taking surveys at a site called utalkback because i was invited in an email back in july of '08 (i know this because my profile says when i joined). anyway, i finally took enough surveys 1.5 years later to redeem a $50 gamestop gift card, i got it yesterday. was it worth all that time? probably not. but once i get so far into something i can't just stop.