What are You Currently Reading?

rvlution

Im currently reading 'Neverwhere' By Neil Gaiman.

Brief Synopsis:Richard Mayhew, a Scot living in London, encounters an injured girl named Door on the street one night. Despite his fiancée's protests he decides to help her; upon doing so he ceases to exist on Earth and becomes real only to the denizens of 'London Below', whose inhabitants are generally invisible and non-existent to the people of 'London Above'. He loses his house, his job and nearly his mind as he travels London Below in an attempt to make sense out of it all, find a way back, and help Door survive as she is hunted down by hired assassins.

I'm about 2 thirds in, and its really good.

• 2 weeks later...

I am done with all the Sherlock Holmes books! Finished it on 09/20/13. Won the little competition me and my buddies had. Now waiting for my steak dinner on them. Haha.

Now I am reading Sovereign (The Books of Mortals Book 3) by Ted Dekker, and Tosca Lee.

I love Dekker stuff, and am finding myself really enjoying Tosca Lees writing in these books as well. I think I will check out some of her stand alone stuff soon.

So far the book has really kept my attention. The series has been really good and I cannot wait to see how Lee and Dekker end it.

Starship Troopers by Robert A. Heinlein because I don't want to watch the movie first.

Gedankenlesen durch Schneckenstreicheln, which is a German book about what animals can teach us humans about physics. Full of pretty dark humor, though, so great book for everyone who knows German and is even slightly interested in science.

Complete Works of H.P. Lovecraft for English lessons and I should have chosen a different topic to talk about in school because his style is amazing but also horrible for those who have English as only their second language.

Finished re-reading the "War of the Spider Queen" series last night ... and remembered why I had blocked the ending out of my memory ... killing Pharaun, stupid authors ...

And I was all set to start reading the Rick Riordan "egypt" series, but I was so pissy about them killing off the most interesting wizard character I'd read in a long time, I decided to start the Elminster series since I've never read it.

I've had "The Annotated Elminster" on my shelf for years, just never read it. Now I'm hooked. It's very good so far.