FAQs

Shaaady Souljah

This is a new feature on the forums. The staff are going around tidying the clutter and making sure x360a is the one stop shop for all your 360 needs.

The FAQ threads are where we need your help! What do you think are the most commonly asked questions about this game? Which threads keep popping up? What things do you wish you had been told when you first got this game?

Post in this thread and I'll edit the top post

Thanks for your help...

[iNCLUDE ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS AS WELL]

• 6 months later...

Q: Will I stil get achievements if I use codes?

A: No

Q: How come no one else is playing?

A: Probably because the PC version is worlds better (Because this is just a port and the Quake series is made with PC in mind). A decent computer can handle the PC version ($20), or if you are looking for achievements, hit up the Achievement Trading Thread.

Q: What are "win points"?

A: Win points are the points you gain when you win a game. In deathmatch, for example, if you win with the top number of frags, then the number of frags is equal to 1 win point.

Q: If I beat the game on General, do I get all of the lesser difficulties (ala Gears)?

A: Nope. Congratulations on beating general, but you have to go through the entire game for each difficulty. Sorry...

Q: This game sucks!

A: Not a question, take it up with someone who cares (id, Raven, Activision) and stop your trolling.

Q: I'm stuck on _______ ::OR:: How do I get _________?

A: See the Achievement guide or Gamefaqs walkthrough/youtube speedrun archives. You can even use the "search" feature in the thread. lazy.

Q: How Am I supposed to get the Rank 1/10 Achievement? It's impossible!

A: My best advice is to either get really good and play as much as you breathe, or wait a couple years for this game to be swallowed up into the bowels of obscurity and kill a buddy who has the game on a very dusty shelf.

peace

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Q: If I beat the game on General, do I get all of the lesser difficulties (ala Gears)?

A: Nope. Congratulations on beating general, but you have to go through the entire game for each difficulty. Sorry...

damn.... that's kinda lame, but does give a lot of replay value I guess... :/

• 3 years later...

Q: It's 2011... is it impossible to get the leaderboard achievements now?

A: Nope...One of my good buddies 100'd the game recently, but whereas the guide tells you 7-8 games, you can up that number by about a 1,000+

Q: How long will the 5000 matches take?

A: Depends on how fast you run through them. If you don't have a full lobby of 8, you're looking at a 2 minute load time PER MATCH, so that's ~167 of waiting for a match to start. For the sake of your soul, I'd work on some pausable WP7 games, fall in love with sudoku, or post here. I think I'll be doing situps to see if 167 hours can give me a six-pack. <wink wink, ladies>

Q: At which levels does one Act end and the next begin?

A: Spoilers, but you can figure this out if you read the quide. Hint: You'll get the ACT achievement after two specific boss fights.

Q: Can I boost with another account on my roommate's/family member's/backup box?

A: Sure. One gold account per box. The fastest would be 8 boxes, 8 copies, 8 gold accounts, and 8 controllers. Send me a picture of how you control even half that with just you and/or your lego mindstorms robot minions.

Q: Will you boost with me RRIKER? No one wants to boost this game!

A: There's about one post every 2 weeks in the trading thread, liar. If you REALLY can't find anyone (here or other places I won't mention), send me a message. Keep in mind I work crazy long hours 9am-8pm and I have to do all my own laundry. If you catch me online (I'm part leperchaun), I'll make an effort to play with you.

Q: Will I get these achievements if I play the PC version?

A: No. Lawd knows I wish that were the case, but this is not a GfWL title. Playing the PC version will net you bupkis in points, but you might find a renewed passion for fast-paced FPS. The best achievement is unlocked in your soul.

mods: sorry for upping a 3-year old thread, but I felt the sticky deserved updated content