Invasion of Port Moresby Not Capturing

m00ney79

I'm playing through the Japanese campaign and I'm on the mission Port Moresby. Right in the beginning you are supposed to capture an island. I've destroyed all of the things on the island and it tells me to move in and capture it. I'm sitting right next to the island and the capture bar shows up but nothing happens. I press Control to try to launch the landing boats but that doesnt work either. Also the little Icon below the capture bar flashes between a shield and a target, but i don't know if that means anything. Ive sat there for many minutes and nothing happens. What do I do?

• 2 years later...
I'm playing through the Japanese campaign and I'm on the mission Port Moresby. Right in the beginning you are supposed to capture an island. I've destroyed all of the things on the island and it tells me to move in and capture it. I'm sitting right next to the island and the capture bar shows up but nothing happens. I press Control to try to launch the landing boats but that doesnt work either. Also the little Icon below the capture bar flashes between a shield and a target, but i don't know if that means anything. Ive sat there for many minutes and nothing happens. What do I do?

Don't know if you haven't figured this out yet, but have you tried 'attacking' the base with you troop ships? They should deploy landing craft automatically and capture the base.