Mister No it All Glitch

!!!For anyone newly playin command and conquer 3 or about to play. Obtain the Mister no it all achievement before playing Boot camp!!!

Now reading across this forum and the official Command and Conquer 3 xbox 360 forum on the ea site i know I'm not the only one having trouble with this achievement. The glitch seems to be that if you rushed into the game completing boot camp it is now impossible to obtain the mister no it all achievement. Deleting all command and conquer 3 saved data, clearing the 360's cache nothing will make the single player game prompt you to try boot camp. It appears the game checks your achievements to see if you have rookie no more and once you do it never prompts you for boot camp again.

If anyone else has had this problem i hope they'll post their experience here and if anyone has any ideas how to make this boot camp prompt pop up again during single player let me know. The only idea I've heard so far is that when you unlock the nod campaign the game prompts you to try boot camp this doesn't really make sense to me but i haven't really played much into this game since coming across this problem.

I realize this achievement is worth 0 pts but like many gamers on this forum i am a bit of a completionist when it comes to achievements i may not always get em all but i put effort into it and it's annoying to find out its impossible to obtain one due to a glitch like this. The whole reason i tried to do mister no it all after is the same reason i failed on song on easy in guitar hero 2 after 5 starin each song. To show i knew what i was doing and just wanted all the achievements.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i didnt need the tutorial but i had the option of getting 20points for doing the bootcamp or 0 points for jumping right into the game...kind of an easy choice for me. im all about the points and not just getting negative achievements

I contacted ea's support and asked if this was a glitch or intentional and all they really told me was to clear my xbox cache and delete my saved data. Clearly they dint even read my question to them because i had stated i already did both... when i replied sayin i did exactly as they told me they said they couldn't help with this problem. All they really said was if your having a prob to post on the official ea c&c 3 xbox 360 forum and hope a member of dev team happens to read it. So if anyone else is having this same prob i am i suggest heading over there

http://forums.ea.com/mboards/forum.jspa?sls=2&forumID=4045

Ya as of right now no matter what you do a gamer profile with the Rookie no more achievement CANNOT obtain the Mister NO it all achievement. However both can be obtained if you do mister no it all first.

Like really what sense does it make to disable an achievement permanently because you didn't get achievements in the exact order Ea wanted.

I think its a good idea for them to lock achievements this way. Achievements in some games, especially where 0 point AP's exist should reflect how you played the game not whether you restarted and clicked a different option.

In fact i would like to see this system extended so that in some games you might be punished for certain things by being locked out of certain AP's.

Wont happen tho, would piss too many peeps off.

I must admit i didn't exactly think of achievements that way before you do provide an interesting point. I also give you additional respect for providing an alternative suggestion being in the same boat as i am. I agree with you partially. I wouldn't mind if all games achievements reflected how you played the game by locking you out of some other achievements. However at the same time this causes some problems.

Example: Achievement 1) save the princess 2) don't save the princess, one achievement would kill the other and thus kill some re-playability in that game because as you said it would reflect how you played the game and not whether you started over and chose a different path/option. ( and yes this would def piss many ppl off, myself included because i believe video games should be a choose your own adventure where each time you can do something different and not be restricted by what you can do in a new game because of actions in a previous. ) Now obviously you could just play the game over and choose the different ending with no achievement but only so many people would do this. The achievements provide a little extra motivation to complete it different ways

My second problem stills lies with the game itself. Because its not as if you can skip the tutorial and then only gets Mister No it all. People who skipped the tutorial still have the option of completing boot camp and getting both achievements while people who actually took the time to learn instead of trying to rush into the game are now stuck without the possibility of ever getting the other achievement because you simply can't start over.

• 2 weeks later...

Not another game I'll never complete!!! Arggh, wish I'd read the forums first, I just did boot camp then thought I'd delete the save, bugger!!

Can you delete game data from your profile as well as the "games" section under "memory" options?

How about copying your profile onto a memory card, removing the hard drive and loading up the game?

I must admit i didn't exactly think of achievements that way before you do provide an interesting point. I also give you additional respect for providing an alternative suggestion being in the same boat as i am. I agree with you partially. I wouldn't mind if all games achievements reflected how you played the game by locking you out of some other achievements. However at the same time this causes some problems.

Example: Achievement 1) save the princess 2) don't save the princess, one achievement would kill the other and thus kill some re-playability in that game because as you said it would reflect how you played the game and not whether you started over and chose a different path/option. ( and yes this would def piss many ppl off, myself included because i believe video games should be a choose your own adventure where each time you can do something different and not be restricted by what you can do in a new game because of actions in a previous. ) Now obviously you could just play the game over and choose the different ending with no achievement but only so many people would do this. The achievements provide a little extra motivation to complete it different ways

My second problem stills lies with the game itself. Because its not as if you can skip the tutorial and then only gets Mister No it all. People who skipped the tutorial still have the option of completing boot camp and getting both achievements while people who actually took the time to learn instead of trying to rush into the game are now stuck without the possibility of ever getting the other achievement because you simply can't start over.

I'm with you on the last part, and understand the other guys point of view. The problem is, this isn't a "Restart and choose a different path" achievement, this is an achievement where you choose to skip and go directly into the game, or play something that, isn't effected by the game itself(IE the ach. in Guitar Hero 2 where you have to view the 29min of credits). What if Madden eliminated any Franchise mode achievement that you didn't earn by the end of the 30yrs.(obviously not the same thing but another "locked" achievement)

The whole point of achivements is to give us an extra reason to continue playing that game, and to make other, non appealing games, more interesting. I for one, probably wouldn't touch 85% of the games I want from Gamefly.com, but b/c of the gamerscore, I"m gonna invest my time in games like Open Season and or continue playing games like Gears of War.

what you should have done is look at all the achievements before you decide to lock yourself out of it. i know that when i get it mr no it all is the first im going to get because i looked at the achievement. if you want them all that much you should look at the achievements.

Mister NO it all

0 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/common/gp-g.jpgNegative Achievement: Skipping the Tutorial suggestion from SP

Rookie No More

20 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/common/gp-g.jpgComplete Boot Camp Mission

You havn't played the game which is why your not Savvy to the fact that Boot Camp is also a separate option from the Single Player mode. From what I remember(b/c I havn't played in a week) It's Boot camp. Campaign, Multiplayer and Option as the start menu.

So, those of us who said "I havn't played Command and Conquer 3:Tiberium Wars on the Xbox360. I might want to go through boot camp 1st."

In fact the achievement almost makes it seem as though Single Player would suggest the boot camp, even if you did it. There was nothing telling me that if I did boot camp first than SP mode, that SP mode wasn't going to offer me Boot camp.

True, but still it's a 0 point achievement so I don't think it's that important!
That really depends if you're a GamerScore Wh*re or an Achievement Wh*re.

I don't care about gamerscore, that's for game savers, account swappers and kids with rich parents. :p

I want 100% of the achievements, for me a game isn't complete till I have every last one, even the negative ones.

Achievements were originally pimped (pre 360 launch) as a way of proving to your mates that you have actually managed to complete the mission on the hardest difficulty... you don't believe me, check my xbox.com profile.

Somewhere along the way they've become about money (from MS and the game developers point of view) especially with the premium DLC, which I think is a bit of shame and for me they've stopped me just playing some games for fun with my mates like I used to on the original Xbox, now I'm always thinking about unlocking the next achievement. I'm happy to admit my addiction... I am an achievement wh*re and proud of it!! ;)

I've learnt to live with the negative achievements that developers clearly think they're funny by including, but never before have I not been allowed to unlock one!!

I'm fed up with waiting to see if people can unlock every achievement before I play a game on my account, surely they have enough time testing titles to make sure they're not glitched before they sell them to us !? I foolishly just shoved C&C3 in and started playing. I'd seen a friend had got the Mister Know It All and didn't want that to be my first achievement, but as soon as I'd got it, I quit, deleted the game save and reloaded the title, with the intention of getting the MKIA achievement out of the way. When it didn't unlock I came straight to x360a and discovered I'd been shafted by EA!!

i must admit i completely forgot about this thread. I though it had died out a week ago. I'm glad to see there's a few people that agree with me i was worried i was only the one for awhile. Alot of people keep saying well its not worth any points or the whole idea is too skip boot camp, the main complaint with this game is the fact that like ive said before the game basically says "you can never obtain this" because "you didn't do exactly what we wanted" and "you can never start over". Its the fact that it locks an achievement from you. No game should be able to just say "this achievement is now impossible to get".

Know what we call games that have achievements that are impossible to get?

GLITCHED

The only difference in this case is the glitch only occurs when something happens. The end result is the same, an achievement is now impossible to get.

All Ea needs to do to fix this is allow users to completely start the game over. Why your not prompted to complete boot camp with no saved data is beyond me but thats the whole problem. You should be prompted to do bootcamp again when no saved game data is present because that means the game is being started over from the very beginning.

Feel free to agree with me or disagree, i'm gonna try and watch this thread a little more now.

There's a far more negative thread about this subject over on xbox.com

Problem is as soon as you mention achievements, or heaven forbid, gamerscore the flame wars begin.

The main point raised here, is that you're penalised for doing the right thing... if it's not a glitch on EAs part, then why didn't they prevent you getting the boot camp achievement instead!? They both could have been zero points, it's not like it takes any skill to 'achieve' boot camp!!

I lucked out woth this - I had already downloaded the demo which had the boot camp on it - so i jsut skipped it and went stright to game thus getting the Mister No It All Achievement.

I did confuse me somewhat when it said 0GP!

Anyway -now that ive realised you get an achievement for doing the boot camp again, im off to get 20 easy points...

his gs is incredibly high so im not suprised he dint answer

Gamerscore:139538

I dont wanna call him out and say hes using game saves or nething because i clearly don't know. But even supposing he was using game saves i dont see how that would have fixed the glitch seeing as how the game checks gamercard and not save file so im at a loss. All that can be determined is he did it offline.