II WhIpLaSh 014's gallery

WhIpLaSh 014

This is a little long winded Whippy, but please watch this video. It has a physical demonstration on how to resize your img's without distorting them...

If you want to watch it full size for ease, just click on the youtube, & it'll take you to the page.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StsozKGNYR4]YouTube- How to Open, Crop and Resize Pictures in Adobe Photoshop [beginners][/ame]

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway you can make me a sig with Shockwave Battling Optimus prime from the War for cybertron game with cybertron in the back ground?

And my gamertag on it (Shockwave22) thanks in advance, just let me know if you can

I'll give it a wack.

@everyone. It seems like people are taking an interest in me... Maybe it's because I like making things that are simple and not over the top. I prefer simple because that's what I am.

You've re-done your tag! SUCCESS! lol Now, that is a big improvement, Whippy. Altho, there is still room to make it better. I'm referring to the over-lap you have on the c4d/effect you have used. Just the stuff that appears outside of your tag borders. You can fix this with the crop tool or eraser.

What do you mean by what?????????

I'll spell it out for you.

By the word "what", Mr. TubZ either:

a. Does not understand what you just said;

b. Is so completely blown away by the the magnificence of your work and words, and how tuts seemed to have helped so much he simply can't find the words to express his joy and admiration;

OR (and this is the most likely)

c. Is so completely dumbfounded by your complete obliviousness to the fact that tuts seemed to have helped you very little, and the amount your work has improved is minimal precisely because you HAVEN'T listened to the more experienced artists, he simply can't find the words to express his disbelief and/or joy.

I've gotta hand it to ya Whippy, you've become something of a cult hero amongst a certain group of x360a Media Forum users (those whom I am referring to will know). You've given us a lot of laughs.

Still though, I suggest (as MANY, MANY others have before me) you start listening to advice, or you simply will not improve.

(those whom I am referring to will know)

JC, are you tricking us again.. :p

Anyways, I'm not to keen on your latest ones (requested Transformers).

The image is crap for start and has been resized all wrong. Biff put a tut up, would be good to watch it! Both versions are as bad as each other for different reasons!

The first one has that while block at the bottom for some reason? The text is also not very good.

Same goes for the 2nd. Image is poor, you can see the square around the outside, text is poor.

Only goodish (and I use that word loosely) are the brushes/c4d's.. They would go with the sig, if only the main parts were better. They've just been dumped there and there's no blending what so ever.

Your best sig BY FAR is the one you're using. Again the only problem is the text but we can cope with that! Why can you make a hald decent sig like that but the rest come out like you dont care. Seems to me you just want you artwork out there and dont actually care about what it looks like?

I think thats it for now.. good luck!

Edited by Nozza

b. Is so completely blown away by the the magnificence of your work and words, and how tuts seemed to have helped so much he simply can't find the words to express his joy and admiration;

c. Is so completely dumbfounded by your complete obliviousness to the fact that tuts seemed to have helped you very little, and the amount your work has improved is minimal precisely because you HAVEN'T listened to the more experienced artists, he simply can't find the words to express his disbelief and/or joy.

I've gotta hand it to ya Whippy, you've become something of a cult hero amongst a certain group of x360a Media Forum users (those whom I am referring to will know). You've given us a lot of laughs.

Still though, I suggest (as MANY, MANY others have before me) you start listening to advice, or you simply will not improve.

I meant the latter =P

@everyone. It seems like people are taking an interest in me... Maybe it's because I like making things that are simple and not over the top. I prefer simple because that's what I am.

The reason people on here are commenting in your gallery is that they're trying to help you improve on your signature making, but you're ignoring the advice given, like the advice I gave you a couple of days ago.

I think you should be grateful that people on here are taking time by commenting and giving advice. It's like Zippy/JC said, follow tutorials and some advice from people, if you don't, you won't improve as much.

I am not moaning or anything, am like others on here, just wanting to help you improve.

Your current signature is an improvement to the one you had, though it's too dark.

People are trying to help you, take the help from them - you'll notice the difference in your skills and signatures, I guarantee you.

Edited by happytimes6488

Hey Whiplash do you want to do a collab, I'll start a signature send you the psd and you can finish it? It's a good way to learn. :)

Here's what I have got up to now.

http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/1526/samuscopy.png

If you want to finish it of let me know and I'll pm you the psd.

Edited by Kite87

Hey Whiplash do you want to do a collab, I'll start a signature send you the psd and you can finish it? It's a good way to learn. :)

Here's what I have got up to now.

http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/1526/samuscopy.png

If you want to finish it of let me know and I'll pm you the psd.

What else do you want me to do to the image?

The image is crap for start and has been resized all wrong. Biff put a tut up, would be good to watch it! Both versions are as bad as each other for different reasons!

The first one has that while block at the bottom for some reason? The text is also not very good.

Same goes for the 2nd. Image is poor, you can see the square around the outside, text is poor.

How is there a white box on the outside of the image? I don't see anything other than the image. It might be the web browser you're using. I also tried my best to resize it without scuishing it, but it's so hard to do even with the Shift key. For some reason, whenever I use the Shift key to resize images, it makes it worse and either:

A. Lowers the quality of the image, or

B. It makes the image look distorted.

Advice????

For some reason, whenever I use the Shift key to resize images, it makes it worse and either:

A. Lowers the quality of the image, or

B. It makes the image look distorted.

Advice????

Make sure you click the tick to apply the transformation. This will increase the quality. As when you are doing it it will be crappy quality (depending on the amount of scaling down), until you click the tick, or press enter.

What are you working in? Photoshop?

If so, select the layer you want to scale down or up, and press Ctrl+t. Then, whilst holding down the shift key, drag the image, from the corner, and it should resize. Like Dennis said, press enter, or confirm, or whatever it is, and the scale will be right.

Edited by SPierce

This is why I love you JC. <3

Whiplash, my god man, listen!

Honestly, you're fortunate to have people like this helping you, and NOT giving up on you. Listen to what they are saying, don't just read tutorials follow them!

Put borders on your tags, there is only a handful of people I know that can pull off a borderless tag, *cough*Mason*cough*. Your text is horrendous, find fonts that aren't cheesy and over the top. I suggest looking at dafont.com. learn to blend you signatures, whether by smudging, burring or erasing.Your C4D's look awful and effects are terrible, I'm not trying to be rude but really, people have been telling you to do this and your just not listening.

So I'm requesting you to make me a sig.

Following this tutorial EXACTLY, word for word, using the same render, same brushes, same text, same EVERYTHING.

I apologize for being rude but honestly, no one can be your level for this long, it needs to change.

Edited by MrPaypaChasa