MAD's ? Farming (solo method)

MADasaHatter

Well, this took me a while. The damn AI is dumb as nails, and that means I had no chance of doing this mission solo with the quick efficiency of an xp grind. I found a way and I'm sure people have others. But this is the fastest I've done it (8 minutes 10 seconds)

First of all, look at Sabrelord's thread for a diagram of what this entails.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=227979

I based this run completely on his idea but I didn't get enough info to help do this with one person. Step by step, this is how to pull some great boxes for credits/emotes etc. The stage is 5-3

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DRxu7k1rm8]YouTube- Lost Planet 2- Solo ? box Farming[/ame]

· Run straight to the gun and to the left is a T-Energy gen. Scoop up about 4k of energy.

· Go the right of the gun and sit in the seat. Scroll to your right and keep hitting RT to set the gun into fire mode. You'll be on the left side of the enemy ship.

· Take out the ship’s top left wing as you collide with it.

· Recharge and take out the back left wing.

· By now, you’ll be behind the enemy ship. Take out the back right wing.

· Now you’ll be on the right side of the enemy ship.

· The enemy cannon will start to fire but your wing will block its fire. Shoot over the wing right into the cannon. Continue firing until an explosion erupts from it.

· Recharge and fire on the top right wing.

· Focus all your fire on the main cannon until the message “"Way To Get the Job Done" pops up and quickly press ‘B’ to exit.

· To the left of the cannon is a pile bunker and body armor. Grab both. (Sabre also suggests a Vs grenade launcher).

· The enemy ship will pull up on your right side. A gap in a wall is nearby.

· When the ship is close enough, jump through the gap (you'll fly from one ship to the other) and you will fall downward to the lowest floor where 2 cannons and an opening leading to a hallway are. Run into this hallway by making a right.

· The next doorway to your left is the spot you'll need to fight for. ( two guards will be standing in front of it)

· A Vs Tank is waiting inside. If you're lucky, he's probably poking out of the doorway a bit. Use your pile bunker or grenade launcher til he explodes and run in. Forget everyone else.

· Activate the controls (hence why the armor) until its up.

· Just clean house when its up and running.

· If you die, follow the steps again, Jumping, falling, running, gunning until the timer is done.

· Collect the falling reward.

Some things to be aware of:

The cannon you fire is one steady beam. Keep it on the target the entire duration of the shot. A little less and the wing or cannon won't explode and cost you some time.

Once it's time to board the ship, haul ass! Don't take your time. Like Sabre says, the faster you get your timer up, the faster you can win. Just don't protect your base, focus on keeping the timer running on the enemy base.

For the enemy cannon, keep firing on it until an explosion and puff of smoke kicks up. It's tough to notice but pulling away when the cannon is still active leaves you open to fire on. If your cannon gets hit, it resets.

I can't stress enough that the first half of the battle is all about timing the animation. Check the video I'll post to see that I'm timing the movement of the enemy ship to where and how I attack. Picking your plots is important if you want to speed run this grind for below 9 minutes.

Edited by MADasaHatter

Nice Tut.

My only suggestion would be to not use the pilebunker,

get a VS Grenade launcher or 2, 2-3 nades destroy the tank and the cluster effect will help a lot against the soldiers!

Good idea. And here's a questsion that you might be able to answer. Boxes are boxes, right? The amount of boxes that drop are the same in any difficulty? And if so, the amount of what's in the boxes changes as well?

When I play on Easy, 3 waves of boxes drop topping out the most at 9k.

Update:

I've changed the details of the run a bit to better match the video that I'm posting. Hopefully, it's a bit clearer.:)

Nice vid but 1 thing to also note. There is another wave of boxes at around 7 seconds. You can actually stay in that ship as well. As long as you have at enough points to respawn you can grab them, die with the ship, and spawn back on yours.

You bring up a good point. I meant to ask if anyone knows if you get a failed mission if you stay on the exploding ship. I never tried because ... well, all my hard work for that damn screen.

So a fourth set of boxes? Sounds good to me. I'll leave a note by the vid.

you can die on the ship if you got the BP

box amounts are random, believe this or not I ONE TIME (never again but i came close 1 other time) Got 24,000 in cash on easy

you can randomly fail (i believe) Ive lost with the post not touched on my side, and 4,00 BP

and yes there are 4 waves

All of you guys are pretty much right yeah ^^

I never noticed much different ammounts dropping on higher difficulties but i think there's a bit more per box yeah. Roughly 10k on normal 15 on hard. I think Headshots drop ? but im not 100% sure since i allways forget to focus on that xD

Once i had 25k too, it was the first run after the slot machine switched to 10k so i thought its because of that.

But so far its still unique and i think i just forgot to open the ? the match before and kept them till i got that 25k.

And yeah stay on that ship as long as you got enough battle gauge.

But i heard that your Mission fails if all 4 die the same time but i never had that yet.

Btw...

a Friend just had a MAJOR exploit last night wich i don't think is reproduceable!

What basicaly happened is:

We played with 4 guys on hard, i think E6-C3 where you get sepperated and run around in the Snow (i'll ask him later to be sure).

Everything were pretty ordinary, except....believe it or not....

he got ~269 MILLION career points and instant lvl from about 50 to 99 !!!!!!!!!!

He said he was doing nothing special, just ran out of ammo quickly and used the gun blade a lot and tried to grapple onto the back of the big bugs a few times.

So lucky =) the higher lvls come quite slowly without farming.

He played the game quite a lot allready but you could see he got the lvl 50, 80, and 99 nevec achievements in a row.

Not sure about posting his GT here and have him sent a bunch of Qs and gratz xD

oh and i'm just wondering why you're doing this alone.

Not saying no point in making that tut!

Just curious since you're obviously online 0.o''??

Imho you should be able to do it faster with 3 or 4 guys even on higher difficulties and maybe run it with E5C2 in cycles for cash and exp.

Edited by Sabrelord

All of you guys are pretty much right yeah ^^

I never noticed much different ammounts dropping on higher difficulties but i think there's a bit more per box yeah. Roughly 10k on normal 15 on hard. I think Headshots drop ? but im not 100% sure since i allways forget to focus on that xD

Once i had 25k too, it was the first run after the slot machine switched to 10k so i thought its because of that.

But so far its still unique and i think i just forgot to open the ? the match before and kept them till i got that 25k.

And yeah stay on that ship as long as you got enough battle gauge.

But i heard that your Mission fails if all 4 die the same time but i never had that yet.

Btw...

a Friend just had a MAJOR exploit last night wich i don't think is reproduceable!

What basicaly happened is:

We played with 4 guys on hard, i think E6-C3 where you get sepperated and run around in the Snow (i'll ask him later to be sure).

Everything were pretty ordinary, except....believe it or not....

he got ~269 MILLION career points and instant lvl from about 50 to 99 !!!!!!!!!!

He said he was doing nothing special, just ran out of ammo quickly and used the gun blade a lot and tried to grapple onto the back of the big bugs a few times.

So lucky =) the higher lvls come quite slowly without farming.

He played the game quite a lot allready but you could see he got the lvl 50, 80, and 99 nevec achievements in a row.

Not sure about posting his GT here and have him sent a bunch of Qs and gratz xD

oh and i'm just wondering why you're doing this alone.

Not saying no point in making that tut!

Just curious since you're obviously online 0.o''??

Imho you should be able to do it faster with 3 or 4 guys even on higher difficulties and maybe run it with E5C2 in cycles for cash and exp.

I found people do not help or do the right things, like they dont help clear the room and all that

iI do think that Speciality kills give a higher drop rate

+50% for head (i can get 12 in a row and see like 9)

and +75 for melee (ive seen 12 in 15)

as far as the cash, I naturally assumed something like Gold = more points (since its implied you picked it up earlier/killed the thing) and orange = less

I found people do not help or do the right things, like they dont help clear the room and all that

That's exactly it. I haven't been paired up with some real geniuses as of late. Either no mics or such high pitched voices, my ear starts to bleed. A friend just snagged up the game so I'll have to help him get into the higher levels in order to do some xp grinding.

With people I can imagine shaving off at least two minutes on any one run.

That's exactly it. I haven't been paired up with some real geniuses as of late. Either no mics or such high pitched voices, my ear starts to bleed. A friend just snagged up the game so I'll have to help him get into the higher levels in order to do some xp grinding.

With people I can imagine shaving off at least two minutes on any one run.

As sad as its getting, i stoped helping in the first part =\ (I play psn so dont say much against me) but i found that since i get screwed on points (im a overall level 280, so that might be it... idk read my topic) I get as much/more points just doing nothing and storming the ship LOL