Alan Wake Color Coded Collectibles Guide

Tyger7

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, finally all cans!

Do you know which pyramids are present here and not there: http://swearingatvideogames.com/2010/05/04/alan-wake-achievement-guide/

Not sure, and most people don't care and won't update to all 12 since the achievement only requires 5, but I like having them all listed for people who like to 100% things.

Edited by Tyger7

for people who like to 100% things.

I'm one of them :D

Today I'll try to see which cans are not present in that video guide (seems many guys are following it) and instead are present here in the topic.

edit: finally taken!

Missing cans in the video guide: one on episode 4, after labyrinth. One on episode 6 near Majestic.

Edited by sharkone

Good guide, should be stickied.

Worth noting the cans don't lead to any achievements, I was busy hunting them down too :-/

I mentioned it at can pyramid 5 stating you get the achievement for the 5, and that you can stop getting them if you wished ;) But, I will ad it to the introduction as well.

This is possibly the best and most efficient collectible guide I have ever personally used. Thank you very much for the time you put in to make it. This will surely help countless numbers of people.

That means a lot, as I put forth many many hours into making this :) Thanks!

This is possibly the best and most efficient collectible guide I have ever personally used. Thank you very much for the time you put in to make it. This will surely help countless numbers of people.

I second the motion. Seriously most people when they make collectibles guides just put "X is found after you encounter Y". But that is just a hint and does not really help most of the time.

Which CT is fairly hard to find, i'm missing 1 overall and cant find it :(

Have you beaten nightmare mode too already?

My guess is if you have every other collectible, you probably already have a thermos that is close to it the other collectibles you got. Might take some time, but run through the list to each thermos and read the collectible above and below it. If it seems the other collectibles are close enough (or you remember getting it just because of the description), then check that off as you probably have gotten it. If you haven't done Nightmare mode, then just kinda run through looking only for the thermoses.

Followed this to the letter and still missed a sign...

Might be the ones by the Mining Museum in Chapter 3, where there are 3 signs to read, but theres only one there according to this guide...¨

Does only one of em count?

Sign (7/25): Continue driving until you reach the Mine Museum (you’ll see a red building in front of you as you drive in). To your left you’ll see a mine shaft with a mine cart. To the right you’ll see some signs to read (one by the mine cart and one on the display).

I listed the ones you had to read. I will update this to tell everyone that when they read a sign they need to check the stats page. I personally read every sign, but the game thought I only read 23/25. I went through nightmare mode reading them all, and the ones that didn't count were extremely easy ones. The one by the floodgates and the first sign you can read in the last chapter (The Motel one before the motel). I was shocked that's the one I missed because it's a huge sign and I def. remember reading it :) For some reason or another it didn't count it. So I would just suggest always checking the stats page for signs specifically, because they aren't obtained they are merely read. The one you may have missed is the first signs in Episode 2 at the Sheriff's office. There are two there you must read next to eachother...it's possible you were maybe following another guide that didn't mention you had to read both?

I found what I missed now, and it was totaly my fault. I missed one of the 2 in the police station! I now surrender my life to your mercy, in hope of foregiveness!

Know that your work will save the lives of many, and it is with a smile that I die by your hand, if so you wish it

I found what I missed now, and it was totaly my fault. I missed one of the 2 in the police station! I now surrender my life to your mercy, in hope of foregiveness!

Know that your work will save the lives of many, and it is with a smile that I die by your hand, if so you wish it

Your mistrust shall perish in the flames of my truth. Your doubt shall evaporate with the drops of my salvation. Know that you are forgiven only because you requested, but not before I punish thee with vengful wrath!

Joking...

But I am glad you found what you were missing and early in the game. That has to be nice!