Kill Marburg and JJ&E Achievement Solution (SPOILERS)

BuddyNugget219

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to thank everyone for all their positive feedback. Ive had 100's of thank yous from this thrwad thanks for making my first achievement walkthrouhh a great experience. More tocome in the future. Next is singularity. Thanks again everyone. Decided to write this since it now appeaes to be a dead thread.

Everyone seems to be having trouble killing Marburg, I did that on my first go, but I cant seem to get the achievement for him to retreat. I had made a save after the ice cream place, where I had shot the dude. I have done nothing but professional on him, I disarmed the bombs, we fought, and at the end of the conversation, he says, "Enough of this," then he runs out, a door closes. . . .and . . . . no achievement.

What am I doing wrong!?

• 2 weeks later...
Everyone seems to be having trouble killing Marburg, I did that on my first go, but I cant seem to get the achievement for him to retreat. I had made a save after the ice cream place, where I had shot the dude. I have done nothing but professional on him, I disarmed the bombs, we fought, and at the end of the conversation, he says, "Enough of this," then he runs out, a door closes. . . .and . . . . no achievement.

What am I doing wrong!?

A little confusingfirst you say you kill him than you say he keeps running. To koll him yoi need to use all suaves and get all dossier. Now there is some debate about the dossier. Follow the guide exactly and you'll have no problem. Sorry it took so long to answer I have pretty much closed this post for myself. Follow guide and you'll get it. Dissent take to long.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

For anybody who might still be playing AP & using this guide, doing the "Bug CIA Listening Post" mission does not hurt your chances of taunting Marburg into staying to fight you. I actually suggest doing that mission, as it increases your dossier on him & unlocks additional shop items (not to mention extremely easy XP/perks).

If you're still worried doing that mission might mess things up, just do what I did the first time around - follow the guide up to the Museum mission, make a save, then do the CIA mission. After the CIA mission, save to a separate slot, then do the Museum.

In the interest of full disclosure, I followed everything else in this guide up to that point (with the exceptions of making Madison hate me & sparing Shaheed in exchange for his help; I'll kill him end-game), had the suave conversation perk, had 83% of Marburg's dossier, & I had -7 rep with Marburg before starting the Museum mission.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

oh thank god. that was my fourth or fifth playthrough trying to get this pesky achievement. I literally had all of my fingers and toes crossed when i was executing leland.

Anyway, thanks for the guide. Glad to finally be done with this achievement.

• 3 months later...

Got it finally:

Omar

Ali

Sis

Albatross

Brayko

Championchik

Surkov

Jibri

Shopkeeper

Couldn't get Marburg to fight me to the death. Was missing some dossiers I guess.

Deng

Parker

Spoke to Mina, then left her to die

Scarlet

Leland

First time through, I forgot to go to Mina, didn't get the achievement. Reloaded save before the last mission, did everything else identically, went to Mina, and achievement popped as soon as Leland's eyeball popped.

I've seen others say you can skip Mina, you need Mina, you can skip Marburg, you need Marburg, etc. Maybe it's a simple headcount? Out of the 16 names in the road map guide, I didn't get the achievement with 13, but I got it with 14.

Either way, I got, and I'm :Bounce: Thanks for this guide, it helped as well.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Killing Marburg didn't work for me :( A few errors in your guide there too (i.e. confusing intel and dossiers as has been previously mentioned)

Have yet to finish the playthrough but hoping JJ&E will unlock regardless

EDIT: Nope JJ&E didn't unlock for me either. *searches for another guide*

EDIT: Finally went back and got this achievement using this in conjunction with several other guides. Between them it all worked out well! :D I tested what happens if Heck hates you, I had him at -9 (never met SIE and Albatross was dead) and he was still my handler and still shot Scarlet for me :)

Edited by VyzieTaur

• 7 months later...