This game is not easy!

Boostme

listen ppl. this game is not easy to beat on one credit. I played the japanese version for like 2 months and cant even come close to that. I credit feed crazy on the last map and im usually playing on level 3 on the rest of hte maps.Good lucking getting those 1cc achievements. Im an average shmupper and only cave whores out there will tell you this game is an EASY 1CC. BULLXIET

Edited by Boostme

Agreed. Its easy on lvl 1 to do the playthroughs without continuing but once I reach Hades I start dying like crazy. One day I'll be able to do it with all characters. But I'll never be able to get the DeathSmiles Virtuoso achievement.

btw, what are the region free Cave games? Espagaluda and Mushahime-sama? any got links to purchase?

Agreed. Its easy on lvl 1 to do the playthroughs without continuing but once I reach Hades I start dying like crazy. One day I'll be able to do it with all characters. But I'll never be able to get the DeathSmiles Virtuoso achievement.

btw, what are the region free Cave games? Espagaluda and Mushahime-sama? any got links to purchase?

Esplagluda II is NOT region free, I bought the Collectors Edition from Play asia and it doesn't work in my US system.

listen ppl. this game is not easy to beat on one credit. I played the japanese version for like 2 months and cant even come close to that. I credit feed crazy on the last map and im usually playing on level 3 on the rest of hte maps.Good lucking getting those 1cc achievements. Im an average shmupper and only cave whores out there will tell you this game is an EASY 1CC. BULLXIET

If you're choosing level 3 every stage then of course it isn't easy, especially on the last couple stages since after choosing level 3 five times you activate those star shaped bullets that come pouring out of enemies when you kill them (don't know what it's called). Choosing level 1 every stage makes it MUCH easier, though still not easy by any means.

Having just gotten the game yesterday (US version), I can beat the game with only 2-4 continues when I choose level 1 every stage, and I don't consider myself to be very good at shmups. Seems like I usually end up using one continue somewhere in the first 6 stages, then my big problem is the final boss as that usually eats another 1-3 continues, but since I've only played through the game 5 times I can see getting a 1CC with each character as doable with some more practice. Deathsmiles Virtuoso on the other hand... well, I'm not expecting to get the full 1000 on this game.

The exact titles are 'Espgaluda II Black Label' and 'Mushihimesama Futari Ver 1.5'. Only the normal edition of Espgaluda II is region free so do NOT get the limited edition. As for Mushihimesama Futari, I'm not sure if the limited is region locked or not, but I'd recommend getting the regular version just to be safe.

As for where to buy them from, play-asia.com has both for about $75 each, but they are back-ordered claiming that they will get more in stock, and eStarland.com (the site I got mine from) has both for about $80 each, but they are sold out and I don't know if they will get more in or not. I'm don't know of any other sites that may actually have them in stock right now, but you could try ebay if you don't want to wait for play-asia to get more.

Seems like I usually end up using one continue somewhere in the first 6 stages, then my big problem is the final boss as that usually eats another 1-3 continues, but since I've only played through the game 5 times I can see getting a 1CC with each character as doable with some more practice.

Powerup and get tons of points to reach 20million for an extend (4th life) at the old house on the graveyard stage, before the bus in the water in the swamp stage and as soon as you reach the first rock outcropping that spews out rocks in the volcano.

Use the lockshot on Jitterbug and dodge his bullets as best you can. Do NOT bomb him, as if you defeat him without bombing, even if you get hit in the process, you get a large cake that restores 2 bars of health. After that just bomb the hell out of Tyrannosatan.

If you play the entire game on level1 and skip the Canyon/Gorge and go straight to the final level the game is pretty easy to 1 credit clear. The final level is the only tricky/intense part of the whole game.

It's not THAT difficult. I've managed to 1cc it with Rosa and can generally get to Jitterbug with the others, but I'm rusty at the minute.

I ALWAYS play the Volcano and Graveyard levels on Lv3 for the extra points you can get towards the extra lives.

Once you know the patterns you'll be able to do it.

Had a couple of runs through this morning and 1cc'd it with Follet.

I find the easiest route is:

C-1 Lv3

C-2 Lv3

B-1 Lv1

B-2 Lv1

A-1 Lv1

A-2 Lv1

Final

Doing it that way, you should have AT LEAST 35-40million by the end of C-2, which makes the rest of the run about survival and you'll get the second extend naturally.

I did it with Follet who is the weakest of the girls for me and got to Jitterbug without taking a hit so with practice, it's easily done. I reckon it took me maybe 6 or 7 full runs through. The only difficult part is the final stage and apart from that, the only lives I usually lose are just stupid ones from sloppy mistakes.

Esplagluda II is NOT region free, I bought the Collectors Edition from Play asia and it doesn't work in my US system.

Lol. John, how exactly did you think I've been playing Esp II for the last few months? The SE is most definitely Region free. Not that it will matter once my JP 360 arrives on Monday.

Powerup and get tons of points to reach 20million for an extend (4th life) at the old house on the graveyard stage, before the bus in the water in the swamp stage and as soon as you reach the first rock outcropping that spews out rocks in the volcano.

Use the lockshot on Jitterbug and dodge his bullets as best you can. Do NOT bomb him, as if you defeat him without bombing, even if you get hit in the process, you get a large cake that restores 2 bars of health. After that just bomb the hell out of Tyrannosatan.

If you play the entire game on level1 and skip the Canyon/Gorge and go straight to the final level the game is pretty easy to 1 credit clear. The final level is the only tricky/intense part of the whole game.

Yep, this is pretty spot on.

Also remember, that for every full bar of health you lose, the game gives you three more bombs. If you get to Tyrannosatan with a full life bar (which you should, just don't bomb Jitterbug) you're looking at 9 bombs with default life... up to 15 if you've hit both extends. Then it's super easy.

Also remember, that for every full bar of health you lose, the game gives you three more bombs. If you get to Tyrannosatan with a full life bar (which you should, just don't bomb Jitterbug) you're looking at 9 bombs with default life... up to 15 if you've hit both extends. Then it's super easy.

That's my way of doing things. Get to Tyrannosatan and just spam the living crap out of him with bombs.

I haven't played a schmup that is easy. That might be because I'm horrible at them and die constantly, but the best part of that type of game seems to be the frustration it entails. I can't wait till I can finally pick this game up.

It's not the frustration but overcoming your enemy. The untouched flight through hundreds of enemies and thousands of bullets. A lot of beauty lies hidden within these games and at some point they might just stop being frustrating...

...fuck this game seriously!!!!

If you hate it so much, why do you play it? ô_o

Is it at least fun? I love shoot-em ups and this one looks pretty cool. I always love a challenge. Should i wait to get it when it goes even cheaper than it is now or should i buy it asap?

yep. its a ton of fun.

it's also certainly one of the easier Cave shmups, very playable for someone with limited experience. still takes some practice though.

really fun game.

• 1 month later...
Is it at least fun? I love shoot-em ups and this one looks pretty cool. I always love a challenge. Should i wait to get it when it goes even cheaper than it is now or should i buy it asap?

Yes, it is a lot of fun. It's been a while since I got my hands on a good shoot em up.

This is a welcome and refreshing change from the games I've been playing recently.

I can imagine it being a completionist's nightmare though.

• 1 month later...

I think it's the same for every shmup... Have u tried 1cc Espgaluda or Futari 1.5?

These achievements are for high skilled players :uzi: