Horde

di mundio

I've not played too much Horde before. I thought I'd try and get a few cheevs during this XP event, but I'm having some trouble with the Boomers....even on casual. Are the Boomers at wave 10, 20 etc harder or easier than what's normally there(Bloodmounts?)?

I managed to beat wave 10 on Highway, but have failed miserably on the 4 or 5 others that I have tried.

Bloodmounts are incredibly more powerful than the Boomers. The only problem with them, is that there's around 5 of them that spawn at a time, and they are really hard to take down in packs. You know, considering you have boomshots coming at you in 5 different directions.

Trying to go for the Horde achievements is an incredible pain alone. Try looking HERE for partners if you need them. :)

Edited by Yunder

I've not played too much Horde before. I thought I'd try and get a few cheevs during this XP event, but I'm having some trouble with the Boomers....even on casual. Are the Boomers at wave 10, 20 etc harder or easier than what's normally there(Bloodmounts?)?

I managed to beat wave 10 on Highway, but have failed miserably on the 4 or 5 others that I have tried.

I thought wave 10 of purely boomers would be alot easier than normal, but when they attack in large numbers from all directions its no joke. I've played on several maps trying to get the horde chevos, but can't crack waves 20, 30 etc. I was playing on Nowhere, Allfathers Garden and switching between snowblind map packs....each time I got my a$$ handed to me.

LOLz, I was playing lvl 30 on Nowhere and about 6 boomers just strolled into that large diner type room where I was hiding and came round behind the til! Problem is you have to blindfire when theres so many, and as you know Boomers take alot to put down on higher levels.

We played last night on the Memorial map. We had it set to Hardcore and tried to beat the Boomers, but it was ridiculously hard. So we dropped it down to Casual and was able to eliminate them with ease. As soon as that wave was over, we upped the difficulty back to Hardcore and tore through those Tickers. In about an hour and a half, we got through wave 30 using this method. I leveled up from a 25 to a 31 as well.

With that said, I jumped on again this morning with some random players and they had it set to Hardcore on the Subway map. We were able to clear wave 10 with no problems at all. I guess it depends on the map and skills of those playing (and a whole lot of luck!)

If you are wanting to get as much XP as possible playing horde by yourself, you could always just skip waves 10, 20, 30, 40 and do all the others. Killing tickers by yourself isn't too bad, even when 85 or so are coming at ya! So when you need to finish off those other levels for achievements, wait for it to return to normal and just load up those few waves.

KotH Boosting Method:

First, get 2 groups of 5 together in 2 different parties. They can be 5 real people, or you can have some guests logged in. Either works just fine.

Have both teams matchmake into Social King Of The Hill. Be sure to make everyone on both teams a preferred player, that way you have a higher chance of being matched up.

Most already running matches don't have 5 slots open on one team, so it will most likely start you in a new match with your team and 5 bots. Then the other team, looking for 5 open slots, will have a high chance of getting in. If not, then just leave and try again.

Just keep matchmaking and quitting until you get all 10 people together in a match. Then do the following.

Have team 1 and team 2 meet at the hill. Neither go in until both are there. Then team 1 will step in, capture the hill, and as soon as the 200 capture points are awarded to the players in the hill, all the members from team 2 will step into the hill, breaking the capture, getting 50 points each, and allowing the hill to be captured again. Do this over and over.

When team 1 gets to 119 points stop. Swap team 2 into the hill, repeat the entire process. When both teams have 119 end the round by letting one win. Then the next round, repeat the same process, except the team that lost the first round should now be the winner. Doing this allows for 3 rounds per match.

You must get 120 capture points to win the rounds.

200 points per capture x 120 capture points to win the round = 24000.

50 points per "break" x 119 "breaks" = 5950

5950 + 24000 = Nearly 30,000 points per round (rounded from 29,950). And thats if you don't kill someone, which happens from time to time.

30,000 x 3 = 90,000

King of the Hill gives 50% EXP back of what your score is.

EX: You score 1000 points, you get 500EXP.

So if you score 90,000 you get 45,000 EXP back.

Thats right. 45,000 exp PER MATCH.

Each match takes about 40 minutes. Social just does endless matches with no further matchmaking. Going through each map alphabetically.

The total EXP required to reach LvL 100 is 6,825,825.

If you are wanting to get as much XP as possible playing horde by yourself, you could always just skip waves 10, 20, 30, 40 and do all the others. Killing tickers by yourself isn't too bad, even when 85 or so are coming at ya! So when you need to finish off those other levels for achievements, wait for it to return to normal and just load up those few waves.

Taking on just wave 10's isn't easy. The bloodmounts will tear you to shreds.

I totally agree. You would probably stand a better chance of beating them instead of 20 or more Boomers though! If you need help, hit someone else up to help you boost through it. There seems to be enough good folks here on these forums that would help you out. Heck, I would if you'd help me out as well!

Nah the boomers are so much easier than the normal buys you get. Just find a good are with cover on 3/4 sides and camp there. As long as there are 3-5 of you then you should be fine. Just go for the head when they are at distance then blindfire shotty when they are close - Simples

Well I've noticed that you don't even have to bother figthing Tickers till waves 30+ on Casual. I did All Fathers AFK by simply picking up a Boomshield, getting in a corner near the shield spawn, and using a rubberband to hold down RT. I was also able to take the Boomer waves by using the shield and being very careful, refilling on pistol ammo when it was safe.

Right now I'm doing Memorial and for waves 1-30 (excluding Boomers) I just sat behind the statue thing behind where the Longshot spawns on the upper area and just let the tickers blow up on me. Its usually only one blowing up at a time so its very safe. After wave 30 I found a great spot right next to the where the pistols spawn, where for some reason I'm taking a lot less damage from the Tickers. Try some of these tips, they're pretty useful if you find shooting hundreds of Tickers as boring as I do.

Edited by Yomaru

i am doing this shit alone and for this i have no chance against the boomers....

i managed to kill 17 on memorial but this was only luck. have to wait till it will be set back to normal. ah, yesterday i did about 70 waves of tickers and i played it, this was soooo boring, the only map that i am missing right now is nowhere. another 45 waves (without boomers) of tickers.

Co-sign. I was able to get the Blood On The Sand and Am I Only Dreaming Achievements this weekend because of the lack of bloodmounts/kantus/boomer/mauler/etc. onslaughts that involve wave 10's