Achievement Discussion

Krazie

I have a theory I haven't done yet...but since this is my first playthrough i'll put it to the test. I'm thinking that I make 3 separate saves when I hit level 7, 13, and 19 (which are the levels before you get the achievements) and then all I have to do is when I hit the next level (cause I have bad karma) I just load a game and get down to neutral....then do the same thing when I level up again and get good karma. If it works I won't have to play the game 3 times through.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a theory I haven't done yet...but since this is my first playthrough i'll put it to the test. I'm thinking that I make 3 separate saves when I hit level 7, 13, and 19 (which are the levels before you get the achievements) and then all I have to do is when I hit the next level (cause I have bad karma) I just load a game and get down to neutral....then do the same thing when I level up again and get good karma. If it works I won't have to play the game 3 times through.
well idk if youve done it yet but i thought of this while playing yesterday and yes it does work. you should wait till your like 200-250 points away from hittin the next level with bad karma achievements, and 50 points form the good karma ones. it saves alot of time, and try to stick with neutral karma. easiest way to do that is pick good, nice choices, but raid houses and lockpick like crazy. keeps it safe. when your about 250 points away, make 2 new saves . for bad karma just go to megaton and headshoot the doctor nd raid his stash. this might help with the stimpaks and all. having partners helps a whole lot too. go on a killing spree, and kill everyone who doesnt have a gun, you get less Exp, but the same amount of bad karma. keep checking if you have bad karma. when you do, dash for the exit and keep running, you wont level up if Simms is chasing you. when you level up you should get this achievement. for the Good achievements, be 50 points away, then go to megaton and donate alot of caps to the ATom Church. when you have good karma, just go to a place with raiders and fight em. this one should work.

i coulndt get the Good one for level 8 tho because i didnt make 2 saves when needed to. i was lucky i had a chance to get them tho. i leveled up on neutral to 8 without watching my Exp, i saved where i was at and then reloaded the Autosave point. when you do this, save another file so you can go back. so for me i will have to play it a second time.

i hope this helps for those who dont wanna replay it again, especially with Gears 2 around the corner.

- There's no online mode, so there are no online-achievements.

- Annoying quests... Some of them are rather tedious (like the one you get in Paradise Falls), but most of them are really fun and they are the biggest part of the achievements. Just be sure to have enough time to really enjoy the game, especially collecting all the bobbleheads can get very time consuming (at least it did so far for me).

I haven't got the game and am thinking about a purchase in January after I play through some of more games I recently bought. Just wondering how the achievements are

I noticed there are karma achievements which seem to be good, bad and neutral when reaching certain levels. Does this mean you require 3 seperate play throughs?

I haven't got the game and am thinking about a purchase in January after I play through some of more games I recently bought. Just wondering how the achievements are

I noticed there are karma achievements which seem to be good, bad and neutral when reaching certain levels. Does this mean you require 3 seperate play throughs?

No its possible to get them on 1 setting. Just save before you level up.

If you just burn through the main story line you could beat the game fairly quickly. The allure of this game to me is the vast world to explore. There are more than enough locations to keep you occupied for 40+ hours easy... imo. As for your second question, no xbox live needed.

Yeesh, that is quite awhile...I may give this a pass.

How do you pass on a game because it takes a wile to get 1000gs?

Also, why do the bobbleheads seem to be the pain in the ass? It looks like the karma ones would be the most anoying ones. Are they hidden very well or something?

How do you pass on a game because it takes a wile to get 1000gs?

Also, why do the bobbleheads seem to be the pain in the ass? It looks like the karma ones would be the most anoying ones. Are they hidden very well or something?

The Karma achievements aren't that bad. If you follow the guide about those achievements then you will get them no problem.

The bobbleheads aren't that bad. Just go to the place where it says in the guide and look around. I think only one or two of them are actually hidden behind something.

From what i understand all i have to do is have good karma the whole time then save befor i level up to 8 14 and 20 or what ever they are. then do some bad stuff till im nutral then level up. load save and do more bad stuff till im evil then level up then load save and just level up as good. Is that the correct process?