Resizing Pics for sig?

dragonpwnr99

Well, ive been trying to make my own sig picture but and the one that i would want in my sig i cant figure out how to make it smaller... any help is great,it is just a pic i got of google and edited a bit

here are the is the pic, if you can resize and repost them for me that would be great too

[ATTACH]5125[/ATTACH]

well now im just trying to mess around with it on GIMP... wheni put it in my sig as it was it was really small so now im just tweaking it around :/

EDIT: ok well i resized the image and edited in the text i wanted but i got this :/

[ATTACH]5127[/ATTACH]

i am new to photoshopping images so any help is appreciated LOL

how exactly do i get rid of the white and put it in my sig about the size it is in the post....looks wierd in my sig... while i wait for you to reply i will do my best to work with it in GIMP some more

Edited by dragonpwnr99

well now im just trying to mess around with it on GIMP... wheni put it in my sig as it was it was really small so now im just tweaking it around :/

EDIT: ok well i resized the image and edited in the text i wanted but i got this :/

[ATTACH]5127[/ATTACH]

i am new to photoshopping images so any help is appreciated LOL

how exactly do i get rid of the white and put it in my sig about the size it is in the post....looks wierd in my sig... while i wait for you to reply i will do my best to work with it in GIMP some more

You will need to crop the image to remove the white, normally if you know what size you want you can do it manually without just dragging the whole image around.

I don't use GIMP so as I've said before I'm not so sure how to do certain things. If you can find the crop tool though, select the area you want to keep then okay it. You should be left with the image rather than the image with the white box left over then :).

You will need to crop the image to remove the white, normally if you know what size you want you can do it manually without just dragging the whole image around.

I don't use GIMP so as I've said before I'm not so sure how to do certain things. If you can find the crop tool though, select the area you want to keep then okay it. You should be left with the image rather than the image with the white box left over then :).

hah thanks thats actually what i was looking for so i guess im on the right track ;)

EDIT: well i just firgured out the crop feature :) but it is still pretty small in my sig as you can see below... is there ny way to make it a bigger?

EDIT: i have another question.. ive been lookiing at alot of the gallerys on here and was just wondering where you guys get the basic pics that you start editing?

Edited by dragonpwnr99

hah thanks thats actually what i was looking for so i guess im on the right track ;)

EDIT: well i just firgured out the crop feature :) but it is still pretty small in my sig as you can see below... is there ny way to make it a bigger?

EDIT: i have another question.. ive been lookiing at alot of the gallerys on here and was just wondering where you guys get the basic pics that you start editing?

Glad that worked, I just search google for the images I want. Most people probably use Planet Renders.

Try hosting your img off site, like on photobucket, or somthing similar...

& I get most of my renders from www.planetrenders.net (as Fizz said) & I get most of my (gaming) stocks from IGN.

cool i do photobucket and ill checkout Planet Renders, also i got a diff image i was messing with but it exceeds the limit on the site.. can i make it a smaller file somehow?

sorry for all the questions

Edited by dragonpwnr99

You're using CS, arn't you? If you are, open the img in CS, then click on file again (top line menu), then click on save as. Choose png or jpeg. This might work, but i'm not sure... i've had lots of issues in the gif files lol.

Actually, i'll try & convert it for you. If I can, i'll post it up :)

cool i do photobucket and ill checkout Planet Renders, also i got a diff image i was messing with but it exceeds the limit on the site.. can i make it a smaller file somehow?

sorry for all the questions

Theres multiple ways of doing it.. Either save it differently , so as Biff said into a JPEG or PNG. The other is a lot complicated and you'll need InDesign and it'll have to be saved as a PDF, which doesnt help.

So either chnage the save file or you're just gonna have to take some of the images out which will probably be the reason its got so big!

Are you using the img code, or direct link? Cos you need to use the img code.

[*IMG]http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb213/gungalicious/companioncubegreen-8.png[/img*]

That's the code you'll need, in the ^ box ^ without the * at the beginning & end :)

Also, here's the edit I did :)

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb213/gungalicious/companioncubegreen-8.png

Are you using the img code, or direct link? Cos you need to use the img code.

[*IMG]http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb213/gungalicious/companioncubegreen-8.png[/img*]

That's the code you'll need, in the ^ box ^ without the * at the beginning & end :)

Also, here's the edit I did :)

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb213/gungalicious/companioncubegreen-8.png

ohhhh there its bigger in my sig now lol.. where did you get that code? i just put the pic directly in my sig from browsing my pics and uploading it

Edited by dragonpwnr99