Versus - the worst DLC in all times?

ULVEN FTW

It is just retarded. The feeling in this MP is the worst I have ever experienced. Win 30 matches in every type of game, ffs! It is so unrewarding playing this shit. Everytime when the few occasions arise when Im about to win a team survivor, a player of the opposing team leaves the game. Seriously, everytime I play this I throw my controller so hard in the bed. Wouldnt surprise me if it when in to the wall some time very soon.

Unfortunaly Im one of those achievementwhores who hates incompleted games. The only thing left is to boost which takes freakin FOREVER!!!

OMG... I just needed to write som steam off. Im just so frustrated.

Well, all I can say is at least they didn't make that central to the main game and part of the 1k. They put it in some DLC. Other than that, I have never been partial to multiplayer tacked onto a single player game just because multiplayer is popular and can extend gameplay.

Co-op in the main game is quite fine though.

Edited by Qonok

Definitely not. It wasn't great, by any means, but I had a lot of fun with it, personally.

It played just like Mercenaries, which is not a bad thing at all, considering Mercenaries is a great mode with a ton of replay value, especially if you like going for high scores.

Other than that, I had tons of fun with my friends and my brother when we were going for the achievements. You learn a lot of tricks and placements that help make this mode much more enjoyable. After I got all of this DLC's achievements, I played a few rounds with random people online, and I did surprisingly well.

Again, it wasn't great, but it sure was not the worst DLC ever. I would reserve that special title for any of those numerous map packs that cost 800-1200MSP for 3 maps. Those, my friend, are total ripoffs.

I just bought this yesterday and tbh I am really enjoying it lol, find it fun :D i mean it is kind of annoying I guess how people can just quickly zig zag past you and come to you with a shotty in the face, but oh well :D

Can you boost the VS. with 1 other person, or do you need 4 players (2 on each team) to boost? Appreciate any feedback; would be nice and easy if I could just do the 2 xbox method (I admit it's lazy but it saves a lot of time and aggravation).

Thanks,

:drunk

Team has to be done with 4. The solo/lone wolves ones can be done with 1 other person.

Slayers/Team Slayers is fine but survivors/Team survivors is annoying and not fair . if the opposing team got the two shotguns first you will loose the match and when i play every time they use the bazooka quicker than me , i mean they don't even aim . . . they don't even take their weapon out of their a$$ , and when i try to do it it doesn't work.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree that it's retarded. For one, the controls of the game are absolute garbage. Trying to play a twitch action game competitive mode... with your character rooted in cement whenever he/she needs to aim. OK, yeah, fuck you Capcom.

Two, the actual scoring is confusing and arbitrary, I've had many games where we've had twice as many kills, higher multipliers by FAR, and just done generally better and the other team still beats us by like 10k. Once I literally spent the entire match just trying to revive my partner 10 times for that achievement, and we ended up winning against two others who were actually trying.

The mode only serves to highlight RE5's failings: an attempt to bridge the gap between the classic Japanese survival horror and the modern American shooter and manages to botch both. It's like a DLC for Madden that removes the actual football and replaces it with 1985 text based input.

I can't deny I enjoyed the co-op though - and the excellent production values for the voice acting and cutscenes.

Edited by rowain

• 2 weeks later...

From an achievement-whores perspective, yes, this absolutely sucks. I'm an achievement whore myself. I never really felt the anger and pressure of this game until it was down to the last achievement for 30 wins on Survivor. The combination of last-second-kills and quitters and people that were just downright BETTER than I was SUCKED! I, like you, slammed my controller down a few times (now my B-button is forever altered lol). For all the other achievements, they were fine. I would just have a few drinks and put on some music and just game out. I actually enjoyed my experience getting all the other achievements. But that last one... oh man... took over a year for me to finally get it. But anyways... Yeah, this is just a shitty DLC if you're an achievement-whore. Either way, I wish you the best of luck. Take care!

That's why I usually set up a game with my friends. NO we do not boost, we actually just have a friendly competition, but we are aware of the Versus achievements. That's why we play 5 games of it a day, both solo and Team, it helps out A LOT. You all should try it, competing against strangers stink!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...