Impact Tackles

Tweekfu

I have only done around 8 impact tackles so far (5 hours gameplay). I would think that the players with the shields below them would be more likely to pull the tackles off. I am just going to use the NRL superstars and play a team like Ireland. That has worked so far.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm currently up to 60+ games played and would say i have only done around 15 impact tackles.

They do seem to come in patches, as in if you do get one in a game you more then likely will get 1 or 2 more. Also if you have trouble with doing high tackles instead you can turn them off in the rules options.

I have noticed with the more games you play the less chances you have in getting impact tackles. Example if in game 1 you get around 3 impact tackles your chances of getting any by game 3 are very low, almost impossible.

If you want this one out of the way i suggest playing 1 or 2 games then restarting the game.

• 2 months later...

For this and other cheevos is it possible to play with your created dream teams and say select a team full of tacklers and another with kickers and another with wingers to improve your chances of unlocking them? What's the worst team in the game to play against?

• 2 months later...

Do impact tackles made by a NPC defender count towards the achievement? I think all but one of my impact tackles have been made my computer controlled defenders...

EDIT: Only impact tackles that are made my the player controlled defender (the one highlighted by the red circle) count towards the achievements. I got my achievement for 10 big hits recently, only about another 35 to go until I hit 50!

Use the same technique as for getting high tackes and that is to charge at an attacker either tapping Y if you're not completely lined up, or pressing Y once when you know you're lined up for a big hit.

(I find that mashing Y when you ahve a hit lined up can jeopardise the tackle, as you might press it too early during your flurry)

One very good way of getting big hits is the Punt & Chase off the 5th ackle, it isolates an offense player, usually a wing or fullback, slows them down as they catch the ball, which gives you plenty of time to run in (Holding A for turbo) and line up the big hit.

My last suggestion would be to use fast defenders when going for big hits, I am finding Benji Marshall and Lote Tiquri from the Tigers to be especially useful.

Edited by Owen H Brown