Frank vs. Chuck

Six to Eight

Which character do you prefer?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Which character do you prefer?

• Frank West
    • Chuck Greene

Screw you, and your dancing locks. Case ZERO is out; and this isn't the Dead Rising 2 forum, /fail troll.

A better statement would have been: "We don't have enough character development of Chuck Greene to make the case for him as a better character." (pun intended).

Without getting off topic about Frank being better, do you have any post that isn't in a Trading Thread or completely and utterly negative? Go away.

[http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/search.php?searchid=16140866]

pwned!

I agree with the quoted post, not enough character development to say where Chuck is better than Frank. Only a small snippet of what Chuck is about. He is out to save his daughter, but then again, he hasn't covered wars...

I'm leaning more towards Chuck.

Don't get me wrong Frank is one badass photojournalist, but he had a slight sense about him that just screamed, "I really don't give shit about anyone, including myself. I only want to take pictures of the zombies and expose this story."

Chuck cares about his daughter and he can make CRAZY weapons with duct tape, even if tape isn't used on the combo weapon!

Chuck for so many reasons. He can build awesome weapons, fix any vehicle, he has a much better story, and he's a frickin' stuntman for christ sake!!!!! Frank West was a journalist/papparazzi, one of the most hated proffesions on the planet, next to politician and lawyer.

Edited by MakoBallistic

I'm going for Chuck, he can fix things, make combo weapons and he can run and shoot at the same time.

That's not to say I don't like Frank either, I just like Chuck more.

Also, Chuck's overall goal is more personal, and noble. He's trying to keep his daughter safe, while Frank is just taking pictures and gathering stories for himself.

I'm going for Chuck, he can fix things, make combo weapons and he can run and shoot at the same time.

That's not to say I don't like Frank either, I just like Chuck more.

Also, Chuck's overall goal is more personal, and noble. He's trying to keep his daughter safe, while Frank is just taking pictures and gathering stories for himself.

agree i like the fact they added his daughter in the game makes it feel a lot more personal and you actually prolly care a lot more regarding chuck and katey than frank.

tough choice.... earlier when I was playing case zero I tried to take a pic of tia's boobs only to sadly relize I couldent... but then again the real nail in the coffin is chuck is a stuntman/motocross champ and it was pretty cool that archie and jason were huge fans. Call me an angry troll but I kinda think having to find or get money to buy zombrex for katey 6 times in dead rising 2 (once every 12 hours) will hold you back. but I would still have to say chuck

Definitely Chuck. He has more drive to accomplishment, because a far more important issue is on the line. It actually makes me feel like I care about the characters; as opposed to Frank, where I'd repeatedly die and not give a crap.

I'm not going to go against your opinion there but I personally find that reason to like Chuck better a little... off.

Again, I'm not trying to Troll, but I'm trying to be reasonable here based on what you said. :woop:

With the "far more important issue is on the line" statement being the only thing I found off, that's all I'm going to reply too. Frank started out as a guy trying to be famous/rich from a scoop that said something was going on around Willamette. While that is less of an important reason than Chuck out to save his daughter and to clear his name, Frank eventually finds out a conspiracy (spoiler alert). If you've played the full game and done Overtime mode, you'd know that there's something much bigger behind it all once Frank and others really realize what the government has done and what they're going to do!

Both characters seem great and to my opinion that they both seem very real in their situations... But my vote goes to Frank because Frank's has a larger over-all purpose while Chuck is more self fulfilling.

Again, I hope I do not offend as all I'm trying to do is possibly shed some light on a different perspective:)

I'm not going to go against your opinion there but I personally find that reason to like Chuck better a little... off.

Again, I'm not trying to Troll, but I'm trying to be reasonable here based on what you said. :woop:

With the "far more important issue is on the line" statement being the only thing I found off, that's all I'm going to reply too. Frank started out as a guy trying to be famous/rich from a scoop that said something was going on around Willamette. While that is less of an important reason than Chuck out to save his daughter and to clear his name, Frank eventually finds out a conspiracy (spoiler alert). If you've played the full game and done Overtime mode, you'd know that there's something much bigger behind it all once Frank and others really realize what the government has done and what they're going to do!

Both characters seem great and to my opinion that they both seem very real in their situations... But my vote goes to Frank because Frank's has a larger over-all purpose while Chuck is more self fulfilling.

Again, I hope I do not offend as all I'm trying to do is possibly shed some light on a different perspective:)

Offend me? No, not at all. You give great reasons, for sure! But Frank was initially there to get the inside scoop on something he had no idea was going on. We have yet to find out what Chuck can accomplish in DR2. So the initial intentions was I guess what I was trying to state. Saving his daughters life to me was far more of a desirable story/reason than news.

It's a tough call for me. As a father myself (and my real name being Charles, hence some people calling me Chuck), the opening of Case Zero was gut wrenching for me and really made me feel emotionally connected to the characters and the situation. However, the crux of that connection felt pretty distance whenever Chuck wasn't actually around his daughter. Subtract Katey and I really couldn't relate much with Chuck at all. Frank West, on the other hand, is a photographer like myself (though I'm more an amateur who covers concerts and club events rather than a pro covering important like wars or zombie invasions) so there's a game play element when playing him that keeps me connected to him at all times. I basically chose Frank because all things considered, I'd rather be in his shoes than in Chucks. He was a better avatar for escapism for me. I definitely look forward to continuing Chuck's story, though.