Is there some hidden way to turn off avatars?

mjc0961

There's nothing in the options menu, but I was hoping maybe there's some kind of secret or not so obvious way to get rid of the little fucker. I'm sick of losing CPU battles because he's blocking the right side of my playfield and I couldn't see some bubble that was about to cross my line. :mad:

EDIT: Well I managed to get by with that little asswipe standing there, but man I have never wanted to punt something so much in all my life.

Edited by mjc0961

There's nothing in the options menu, but I was hoping maybe there's some kind of secret or not so obvious way to get rid of the little fucker. I'm sick of losing CPU battles because he's blocking the right side of my playfield and I couldn't see some bubble that was about to cross my line. :mad:

EDIT: Well I managed to get by with that little asswipe standing there, but man I have never wanted to punt something so much in all my life.

ooh I hear you, me and the gf have been playing as she loves bust-a-move but the avatar are highly annoying stood in the way, wouldnt it be easier to have one stood on the left of the playing field and the other on the right

ooh I hear you, me and the gf have been playing as she loves bust-a-move but the avatar are highly annoying stood in the way, wouldnt it be easier to have one stood on the left of the playing field and the other on the right
I agree, on a widescreen TV like I have there is plenty of room to put them on the borders of the screen. They'd be kind of stuck for people on a 4:3 TV, but I've seen puzzles in the puzzle mode that took up the entire width of my screen in widescreen, so they have to have some way to accommodate. No reason it can't apply to the avatars.

Seriously, I can't believe that got past testing without people going "WTF I can't see that part of my screen, move the avatar!"

This is one of the worst things I've seen with regards to the Avatars. Not only is it pointless, but it is actually ruins the game.

To make me feel better, I sent this e-mail to Microsoft support:

"I would like to be refunded 400 points that I have wasted on your recent Deal of the Week. The description CLEARLY states "PUZZLE BOBBLE returns, with its original gameplay still intact:". This statement is blatantly false and intentionally misleading. I can assure you that had it stated "An entire section of the game is now rendered UNPLAYABLE due to the Avatar (that we added without you asking for it, we might add) haplessly mugging around IN FRONT of the play area", I would not have purchased this inherently broken product.

Thank you for your time. I look forward to your response and the return of my points."

Just to clarify, I know that this won't get me anything - I just felt I had to say SOMETHING to them.

This is one of the worst things I've seen with regards to the Avatars. Not only is it pointless, but it is actually ruins the game.

"I would like to be refunded 400 points that I have wasted on your recent Deal of the Week. The description CLEARLY states "PUZZLE BOBBLE returns, with its original gameplay still intact:". This statement is blatantly false and intentionally misleading. I can assure you that had it stated "An entire section of the game is now rendered UNPLAYABLE due to the Avatar (that we added without you asking for it, we might add) haplessly mugging around IN FRONT of the play area", I would not have purchased this inherently broken product.

Thank you for your time. I look forward to your response and the return of my points."

Just to clarify, I know that this won't get me anything - I just felt I had to say SOMETHING to them.

Keep us updated on what happens, may have to do this myself, I love the game its just spoilt by this bit of lazyness

Yeah I was going to say, good luck with that because you won't get anything. But as long as you already know. :p

Maybe we should shoot something Taito's way too. I doubt they'd bother to patch a year old game for that at this point, but who knows?