FAQ: PC Games, Achievements and System Requirements

The Pants Party

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Where do you get this system rating from?

You are quite vague about what you are talking about. Taking a guess here but I think you are asking how you can tell if a game has achievements? You can tell by looking on the back of the box, in the column that lists how many players, it will say 'achievements'. This was posted in the FAQ in the first post.

Yeah sorry I thought about it and I realized it was actually obvious what you were talking about. If you go to the games for windows website, click on game advisor, then click on support in the window that opens. Down that list it explains a little that the service scans your PC to determine the preformance rating.

• 2 weeks later...

You can add Viva Pinata to the list, it has the same achievements as the 360 version but they're on separate lists. Also:

Common question about PC games and achievements.

+If a game has achievements, they will be Vista exclusive. They games may also run on XP, but you will not be able to get achievements unless it is installed on Vista. It will be labeled "Games for Windows - Live" on the box, and have a small tag on the back that says "Achievements" where it lists the number of players and things like that. (See list below)

This isn't true for Viva Pinata, I'm playing it on XP and I've gotten 15 achievements so far and they've all been added to my gamer score.

It's the same list as the normal retail title. The only way we could add it to the PC section is if it showed up as a different list, so we aren't going to do that unfortunately. Don't want to confuse people with two lists. The only ones under the PC section are ones that are only PC lists, not PC/360 lists.