Halo Reach: "If They Came To Hear Me Beg" - How to get the achievement (Guarenteed)!

0i0i0i

This achievement is a disgrace firstly i spent 3 hours pressing RB which apparingly was wrong as it didnt work once not even a normal assassination nothing ( recon )secondly i tried it with B melee still nothing just hit. Him in the back esriously what a disgrace not once have i even done one assassination nevermind this one i run jump tap LT then press b i either push him aside or land over him rearly dissapointed with bungie adding. this achievement. as its broken beyond belief ehy is you guys can normal assassinations and i cant will try exchanging it for another copy tommorow if not will contact bungie about this for a refund an unobtainanle achievement is a no no to me it seems only certain copys of the game work. ( smash tv )

Edited by crispykiller96

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
I dont understand how this achievement is hard to some people...

Trololololol, comes to a bitching thread to bitch about the people bitching.

I'd say you are amongst the lucky ones, this is one of the least attained achievement in the core game, second only to the solo legendary achievement.

I know when i got this it took hours and hours, of the same thing, successfully getting the animations of each type. It's a glitchy achievement that you got lucky on.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This sucked I should have gotten it over a 100 times. It is glitchy because when you melee someone from behind you either get

A-Beat Down or

B-Assassination.

That is if you even reach the elite as I died many times from the drop damage. Glad I finally got this POS achivement. Very glitchy.

Like a lot of people I spent a few hours working on this until it popped. The funny thing is I tried to help a friend with it as well a few weeks later. We did the method with black eye and the jump on Pillar of Autumn. After 45 minutes we did the same thing as usual, he started an assassination and I was still falling. I punched the back of the elite he was assassinating and stole the kill, next thing we know he got the achievement. This thing is totally broken. LOL

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

i'v been playing reach on and off since 2011..

i recently played it again.. because my wife said she used to play reach and didn't want to start halo 4.

anyway.. i've tried this with my disk and the download from microsoft games with gold.

in the last week this is ALL i did..

i tried it on normal, heroic, and legendary

tried using skulls

tried the grenade trick to have no shields and blinking red health..

i tried having the sprint wear off, turned off right away, midway and right before the melee..

tried hitting his head, his back, and even his feet (yeah it sometimes works)

i tried it silver, blue/grey, and orange elites.

i tried AR and pistol

i tried hitting crouch mid air

i had maybe 4 different animations..

maybe 250ish assassinations on pillar of autumn this week

and even landed a few on nightfall..

no luck.. won't budge.

no idea what else to try..

i'v been playing reach on and off since 2011..

i recently played it again.. because my wife said she used to play reach and didn't want to start halo 4.

anyway.. i've tried this with my disk and the download from microsoft games with gold.

in the last week this is ALL i did..

i tried it on normal, heroic, and legendary

tried using skulls

tried the grenade trick to have no shields and blinking red health..

i tried having the sprint wear off, turned off right away, midway and right before the melee..

tried hitting his head, his back, and even his feet (yeah it sometimes works)

i tried it silver, blue/grey, and orange elites.

i tried AR and pistol

i tried hitting crouch mid air

i had maybe 4 different animations..

maybe 250ish assassinations on pillar of autumn this week

and even landed a few on nightfall..

no luck.. won't budge.

no idea what else to try..

yeah, this achievement is a serious pain to get. What worked for me was being on legendary and stopping the sprint while I was falling. I believe I was holding the pistol. The achievement just works faster for some than others, I believe I tried for about an hour before it popped. Just stick with it, you'll feel so relieved once it finally pops :)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...