8 Survivors/Come on follow me Guide

retroboy

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I followed the original guide by retroboy multiple times and never got "welcome to the family" to start.

BUT after trial and error i found out why they were not spawning.

you have to actually do "one mans trash". for some reason i guess that looter counts as a survivor and will not spawn an 8th one until he is delt with.

I also just so happen to "give" snowflake the tiger to the daughter by examining it in the safe room in that same attempt. but i doubt that matters but it doesn't hurt since you get pp for it and it's not like it's out of your way.

hope that helps.

Just did it the op's way, except like everyone else I didnt get welcome to the family to pop, since case 1-3 counts as a survivor (Rebecca). So I killed Esther, which immediately gave me the call for welcome to the family. I took my 5 survivors, collected Jack and Kenneth, met Rebecca and talked to her and got the cheeve as others have said.

If you are not getting any calls when you are going for this achievement, just kill one of your followers to free up a survivor spawn slot (provided you dont care if you lose one).

• 2 weeks later...
i did this but slightly different

saved denyce then went to snowflake then headed back to katey but

only took snowflake in (lt + Y at the back wall and snowflake should get the door icon any way)

then got the next 2 then got the call for chad and doris putting me at 5

while getting doris and chad got the call for esther went to get her then went to larry

now at 7 i went to rebbeca and she gave me the achieve (glad she counts)

allso to help i gave them weapons

they accept hand guns found them on the cops

Brilliant!!!!!!

I don't know if this has been said but if you have not talked to the guy in the Silver Strip to open up the pawn shops he will count as a survivor till you open that is what happened to me when I went and talked to him "Welcome to the Family" came up

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

EDIT: I just retried, took an even easier route than the OP did, this way is glitch proof (eg. you do not need to worry about the Welcome to the Family not popping up).

1. Get Denyce - DO NOT save her yet.

2. Kill Ted and Snowflake, Denyce should be able to take it, heal her afterwards if needed.

3. Get Lenny.

4. Go to Safe house, making sure NONE of the survivors have the door icon over their heads when you enter, also make sure its 7am, or near 7am, you dont want to be going in too soon and them dying because you left them out too long, give Katey her zombrex.

5. Get the couple that are in the mall when you exit, one is straight in front of you, when other is in shop to your right.

6. Message "Lost" will pop up, go get Chad and his girl, talk to Chad first as the girl won't follow you until she sees him.

7. Message "Shortsighted" should pop up now, go get the old lady, carry her.

8. Now do the story cases 1-2 (once you talk to Rebecca in this one, the achievement will pop), then case 1-3, then case 1-4 as that lands you back to the safe house where you should be headed for the survivor PP points.

Very easy and good way, thank you. Got it on my first try!

• 4 weeks later...
i did this but slightly different

saved denyce then went to snowflake then headed back to katey but

only took snowflake in (lt + Y at the back wall and snowflake should get the door icon any way)

then got the next 2 then got the call for chad and doris putting me at 5

while getting doris and chad got the call for esther went to get her then went to larry

now at 7 i went to rebbeca and she gave me the achieve (glad she counts)

allso to help i gave them weapons

they accept hand guns found them on the cops

Works great thanks =)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
I don't know if this has been said but if you have not talked to the guy in the Silver Strip to open up the pawn shops he will count as a survivor till you open that is what happened to me when I went and talked to him "Welcome to the Family" came up

I second this. I couldn't ever seem to get any more calls after picking up my 7th survivor, and this was why. As soon as I went and talked to him and the pawnshop opened, the next call with an 8th survivor came in.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

no matter wot i tryed i couldnt get this to work for me! ive got to mission 2-2 where you gota go into the underground and jump on the train by keeping the 6 ppl alive and hideing them in cupboards but no survivour texts poped up so i got annoyed (was running round for hrs) and slaughtered everyone :uzi: lmao. ive done it the way you say to step by step and ive tryed other ways like: killing snowflake and skipping denyce alltogether (and a lot of other trys that aint worth listing) it just wont bring up that txt! everyother guide of yours ive read fot this game has worked perfectly for me so its gota be something im doing wrong! you got any ideas for me?

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

You should add that they are counting the one mans trash as a survivor mission. I never got a call for one mans trash. But I like a couple of other people couldn't get a call for more than 7 survivors total. So having already ran through the story line I remembered the one mans trash mission. As soon as I finished it, bam, the welcome to the family mission popped.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Idk what's happening with my game but I saved the first couple and never heard about Esther so I did lost and got welcome to the family. Started to YC and checked for Lenny...no where. Did welcome to the family and still no Lenny or Esther. I'm going to drag them to the missions but did t know if anyone else got this issue

• 4 months later...