kinect achievements

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It shouldn't matter because the kinect achievements are breaking the achievement policy, which says that the original 1000 should be achieveable wihout having to spend anymore than the price of the software. Unless you get a free kinect with this game, those achievements shouldn't exist.

/rant

I wouldn't mind getting a Kinect if I didn't have all of my stuff set up in a cramped but cosy room. I just don't have the space for a Kinect.

How are they going to cater for people like me then, hmm? Kinect specific achievements for non-Kinect games surely aren't the answer.

I am however interested in what the Kinect features of this game might be. If I happened to own a Kinect I'd probably be sort of swooned towards trying this game whereas I wouldn't otherwise (except renting it for achievements :D). I'm guessing it's probably spell casting with your hands or something. Sounds like fun. It'll probably get boring fast which I guess is why at least earning an achievement or two for it would be nice.:)

The problem though is that I won't try this game until I own a Kinect. Which may be never. I'm sure I'm not just speaking for myself on that note.

I dont think u'll need kinect to play the game, because lets face it not everyone will be getting it. If less that half the ppl who have a 360 get one then they are going to kill the game sales. (im not talking about kinect games here, just games with it built in)

As a guess, i would say there will be kinect Challenges and maybe play through the game using it, but i dont know how that would work moving around and what not.

@collin232 lets not forget what happened with fable2. The had achievements which needed DLC to complete and lionhead refused to answer those questions and MSoft happily let them have the achievements

The achievement rules are more of just a guideline these days anyway im sure i read that in a interview on either CVG or eurogamer. I dont think they want a repeat of Condemned lol

The rest of the achievements look alright tho, i'll prob end up getting this game but i prob wont get 1000/1000 until i move in with my gfriend and get her to go halves with me on kinect

im also not happy with the kinect achievements. I wasnt planning to buy a kinect at all and now they sort of force the people that want to 1000 into buying kinect? they can put it up their...

@luccini: Lionheart sort of fixed it with putting the missing items into another DLC (see the future) so you did not have to buy the pub arcade game to get the items. Still not a proper fix but atleast they did 'abit' effort.

Awww...rats! I was hoping I could get 1000g on this game. I'm not too eager on buying Kinect. But can you still play the game without purchasing/using the Kinect? Just wondering.

You don't need Kinect to play the game, but you do need it for 100% which I don't like. I was looking coward to the movie and the game, but I don't like Kinect, so the fact they expect you to purchase it for the full experience ruins this for me. :/

@luccini lionhead made it possible to trade items over XBL and prorbably used it as a loophole because people were paying for the pub games, unlocking the dolls, and making the achievement unlockable without paying extra. At least this was my theory for why M$ let that happen.

I found less trouble getting all the achievements in OOTP then HBP and I still have not got all the HBP achievements. I think EA wants to make the last few games harder to people keep playing them. As for fable 2 I found the doll achievement the hardest since you need to get 6 dolls, which you can only buy 1, get a second as 2nd prize is a shooting range, and a 3rd could be found i the 2nd DLC. I also had trouble with the chain attack achievement since it was simpler then I figure, you just need to swing your sword in the air 5+ times and make a chain of 5 blue attack and you get the achievement.

I am so utterly annoyed with these kinect cheevs and I will probably not be buying this game now. I have bought, played and completed every HP game they have released, even those that were xbox original. I am really disappointed to see these kinect cheevs and think it is ridiculous to expect that everyone is going to run out and buy one. I know i wont and this just makes me more determined not to.

I also had trouble with the chain attack achievement since it was simpler then I figure, you just need to swing your sword in the air 5+ times and make a chain of 5 blue attack and you get the achievement.
Haha yeah, I was trying to chain 5 blue attacks on enemys instead of just trying repeatedly on the air.

Edit 11/5/2010

This does not break the policy due to the fact the game specifically states it requires Kinect to operate. Certain games that can use both Kinect and controller state that it would be "Better" with Kinect. Although the games that can use both do not require you have Kinect, such as the new Harry Potter game that is going to be released.

Hope this helps anyone.

It shouldn't matter because the kinect achievements are breaking the achievement policy, which says that the original 1000 should be achieveable wihout having to spend anymore than the price of the software. Unless you get a free kinect with this game, those achievements shouldn't exist.

/rant

Edited by WarShenanigans

• 3 weeks later...

/rant

R6V has an achievement where you have to take a picture with the XBL camera, i believe. as does FNR4. this wouldn't be the first time developers pulled this type of shit. it sucks, because i thought this game looked interesting, but the kinect achievements pretty much guarantee that i'll never play this game.

/rant

That is completely inaccurate. The only policy regarding the first 1000 is that it should be achievable from the original disc content, or come from free DLC. (Such as when Crackdown had 900 on disc and 100 came from free DLC.)

There is no rule that says companies can't require peripheral use in their achievements. If that was the case, every music/rhythm game would be breaking the rules since you need an instrument of some kind. This game requiring Kinect to achieve 1000 may be annoying, but does not break any rules Microsoft has set in place.

Unfortunately I can see these Kinect achievements becoming a thing of the future and therefore something that will spoil some games. Bit of a bugger that MS need to resort to some trickery to try to shift some more hardware so they can make a quick $ or $$!

Not sure this is about moaning about buying kinect. Personally, I do not wish to fill my home with controllers and other add ons. Particularly controllers that are only for one game.

Also, not sure if I am ready to throw the towel in and say this is the beginning of the end.