kinect achievements

I DID NOT READ ANY FURTHER THEN THIS!!!!

What about rock band, guitar hero. Probably more im just not looking them up ha =]

It shouldn't matter because the kinect achievements are breaking the achievement policy, which says that the original 1000 should be achieveable wihout having to spend anymore than the price of the software. Unless you get a free kinect with this game, those achievements shouldn't exist.

/rant

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It shouldn't matter because the kinect achievements are breaking the achievement policy, which says that the original 1000 should be achieveable wihout having to spend anymore than the price of the software. Unless you get a free kinect with this game, those achievements shouldn't exist.

/rant

Really? Cause I can think of several games this is not true... DJ Hero requires a second DJ controller, a mike and a guitar... Rainbow Six Vegas 1&2 require the vision camera... I'm sure there are others...

Still its stupid for you to need Kinect for achievements on this game

I believe that if it's a game that's "Better with Kinect" you should be able to get 1000GS without Kinect, and only make games require Kinect to get the full 1000GS if they are "Only playable with Kinect".

This would be the only way that makes it fair for the people who do not have Kinect. For me there are 3 big reasons I support this;

1. I don't want it because I wouldn't play any of the Kinect games, and hate motion control anyway.

2. I couldn't afford it even if I did. Let's face it it's not the cheapest gadget around. Oh and I don't have the space either.

3. I bought Harry Potter to play Harry Potter. The main story is only playable with the gamepad and that's what I bought it for. End of.

All in all I'm not THAT bothered on the achievement side of things, I don't feel the absolute need to get 1000GS for every single game, but I should be able to if I want to, what REALLY bothers me is the prinicple behind it, which is Microsoft trying it's hardest to force people into buying their products.

It almost feels like a scam, like "we'll let you get 1000GS if you buy our product", my reply to that would basically be "Eff-off I already paid for the game".

Edited by sOuL rEapER 13

If you scroll up 2 posts you see that you are too late!

Ha

I have already said that but you went into more detail so therefor i /applaud you

Really? Cause I can think of several games this is not true... DJ Hero requires a second DJ controller, a mike and a guitar... Rainbow Six Vegas 1&2 require the vision camera... I'm sure there are others...

Don't forget online Achievements; you need high speed service plus the modem to make it happen. And possibly have to buy a router to set up a wireless network depending on your situation. And don't forget the batteries/Play-N-Charge kit if you're using wireless accessories.

I agree it's stupid to have Kinect Achievements on disc; should have made it DLC, giving people the option to complete them or not. That said, the Kinect compatibility is the reason I picked this up today, rather than a few months down the road when it's used.

/rant

Also when the New Dashboard Came out The Message Popped up saying that The Terms of Use/Policies have changed. I Have not read them But i'm sure it's changed the achievement stuff too.

Besides Microsoft has been Breaking their Achievement Rule from the very minute the System game out in 06'. And there is No One of a 3rd party/inspector out there policing the World of Trophies & Achievements. So its just something we have to take & That it.

I mean at the same time There are tons of games that have an achievement or two that Are Worth '0 GS'

In a perfect World the Kinect Achievements would be Zero gamerscore so getting 1000/1000 would still be possible, but that's not the case either.

Just the Rumors of Gears of War 3 Having some Kinect-only Achievements is outrageous. The game is gonna be Hella hard with kinect anyway. I'm hoping its just rumor, but if Harry potter is any indication, it might be a reality.

/rant

Totally agree with you. Im just waiting for the Gears of War 3 or Halo 4 achievements that require Kinect. I will punch someone in the face.

Did anyone actually played the game with the kinect? I own one but I am not sure if I want to waste money if it is really bad game.Thanks

It's basically a 3rd person rail shooter; Harry runs around the battlefield and Death Eaters pop up all over the place. Have to use the different spells to knock them out and defend yourself, which are cast through different hand/arm gestures. You get rated from 1-5 stars depending on how quickly you get through the level. There are 6 solo and 6 co-op Kinect levels. They seem easy enough, but like most of the Kinect titles so far you get tired quickly flailing your arms around.

Nothing groundbreaking but still cool to see considering this is the first retail game that doesn't require Kinect for the whole thing to be playable.

I'm not sure, but I think the 6 levels are basically the same for solo/co-op which means there are really only just the 6; I'd assume the co-op ones would throw in more enemies and have less time to qualify for the ranking, but can't confirm till I get someone else to play this with me.

The main storyline is a cover based shooter; think Gears Of War for a younger audience.

If the game does well enough, I can see them maybe releasing new Kinect maps as DLC, but this is just speculation on my part based on absolutely nothing from the developer/publisher. Wouldn't mind seeing some new missions based on scenes from the last 6 books/movies.

Excited to see the cheevo list...scroll, scroll, scroll...WTF? Kinect? As a potter/achievement fan I better be able to get cheevs without buying little kid peripherals.

As a fan of a children's novel, you are disappointed at the addition of the need for a little kid's peripheral??

Don't try to con us into buying another product to get 100% Microsoft.

Microsoft made this achievement list??

Im just waiting for the Gears of War 3 or Halo 4 achievements that require Kinect. I will punch someone in the face.

Who will you punch?? Pretty tough words to be throwing around...about achievements...

Man do I feel dumb--the game case itself claims there are 22 Kinect missions, and sure enough, I missed the fact that you can flip to another screen for more missions. So there are actually 12 Solo levels, and though I haven't played them yet, basic math tells me there should be 10 Co-Op levels.

viva pinata need vision cam

guitar hero's are obviously massive ones

The original post is just from some weirdo who has no clue.

Sorry that you can't have an easy 1k gs from this, but there's more to gaming then 100%ing games.

• 3 weeks later...