Collectibles Guide

Tyger7

About:

This guide should help you gain all the hidden collectibles in the game, as well as point out where all of the misable achievements are. The collectibles are in the form of Video Game cases. They give out a faint sound when you are near them. There are only 10 total. There are 2 achievements you will gain while playing through this episode as well. They will not be listed as they are automatic.

(There is a video on the collectibles at the bottom of the guide).

Misc: No Punctuation Achievement Start

There is an achievement for not reloading, dying, or continuing the episodel ater on. You must do this in one sitting. The end point is after the final encounter. Do not focus on this on your first run through of the episode, as you will likely die at some point (probably from falling). See the achievement guide for more details.

Video Game 1/10:

Shortly after the episode starts, you'll climb a ladder that leads to a hedge maze. Follow it to the left when given the option (the right leads to Barry).

Video Game 2/10:

After fighting off the first group of enemies, you'll enter the cabin and see Barry. Turn around from where he is and you'll see a fireplace with the game on the left side.

Video Game 3/10:

Just as you start walking outside of the above cabin (through the back), go down the stairs heading straight and you'll see it on your left.

Video Game 4/10:

You'll get to a word that says "cabin" after using a floating boat. Create the cabin with your flashlight, then enter and exit it right away. The cabin will start spinning in circles. Wait until you see the edge (cabin will be upside down) with the chimney. Now wait until it spins enough to where you can walk to the next area and grab the collectible.

Misc: Whirlwind Achievement

You will find the tornado right after going through the spinning cabin. A manuscript will fall from the sky and after you read it, you will be able to shine your light on the words to create a path. It's advised you use the walkway part in the first word nearest you. As you rotate, try to look up and light as many words as you can, while paying attention enough to create the next path. When you jump to the new area, you will hit a checkpoint and if you fail this achievement from this point, you must restart the whole episode. A bigger Taken will appear and attempt to just push you off the ledge. You should kill him quickly and run up to the next series of words to get to the next object you feel you can leap to. Once you create the last path, jump to it and the achievement will unlock if done quickly enough.

Video Game 5/10:

. Once you get to the gas station, look to the right and you'll see the DeerFest truck. Go right and into the terrain and you'll find a bed without a mattress with a game on it. There is a lot of Taken, so you may want to grab it and run to the nearest Safe Haven.

Video Game 6/10:

Eventually you'll come to the big bridge with lights everywhere and two trucks. One of those trucks has logs on it. Go straight and around the truck. Keep an eye out to the right to find the collectible.

Video Game 7/10:

After climbing the bridge, then using the tree to get down to ground level, keep to the left-most path. You should see a big object that is rusted, and it's back behind and to the right of it.

Misc: Heartbreaker Achievement

You will get to a scene where Dr. Hartman is talking to you as a memory. After a long conversation, you must press :bbut: on the recorder nearby and listen. Once it ends, the lights will turn on. Continue on and as Alan talks, the achievement will unlock.

Misc: Creative Space Achievement

You'll get to a plane with the word "tremor" on it. Use it to cross the plane and keep to your left once on the other side. You'll see a fallen tree over a rocky area. Go through the narrow opening. You'll end up curving around a cliff and into a secret cave area with a giant typewriter.

Video Game 8/10:

In the rusty plane you used to cross the gap, there is a video game. Go to the back end of the plane and you can jump inside and get it.

Misc: Go Gentle Into That Good Light

You must not use any guns during your run up the hill to the lighthouse. Once you use the word "Ignite" after Zane talks to you, you'll head up a hill with words that say "Clear" on them. You will want to use these as fast as you can, as it clears away the rocks blocking the lighthouse's light. This light will rotate in circles and kill the enemies. Dodge or run around and let the light kill the enemies, making sure you only use flares if anything. It is a pretty good distance, but eventually you will find a Safe Haven which is the end point. If you accidently fire a shot, reload your checkpoint.

Video Game 9/10:

Before going inside the lighthouse, go around and behind it. The game is on a red chair.

Video Game 10/10:

After climbing the lighthouse, you'll enter a cutscene. Once it's over, you'll be facing the bridge and sign "Divers Isle". Turn completely around and run up the hill all the way to the top. The last collectible is on the left on a stump.

Mics: Iron Will Achievement: You must finish the last scene without going into low health (being in the last quarter of life or lower). You must fight darkness infused characters from the story. Dr. Hartman, the Anderson brothers (both at once), and Barry. They are the in the form of the "fast" taken, that go blurry while moving quickly to different areas around you. Crows will also attack. Use flares if crows are attacking and do your best to dispose of the enemies quickly. Barry is the last of the encounter, and you will have to essentially defeat him 3 times. If you do fall into low health, I advise to reload your checkpoint and try again.

Misc: No Punctuation Achievement End

If you've gotten this far without dying, you should also gain the No Puntuation achievement.

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

I would re-write directions for #7, to state you have to go BEHIND the big red thing. Because I followed the left path and then it merged into the right path and I missed it. Didn't realize there was a YouTube video.

Thanks for feedback, I have adjusted the description. Hopefully that will clear it up for anyone else.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
fantastic guide. Only have to do one more play through for "No Punctuation". I think I would definitely have missed "Creative Space" because of the swarm of enemies that approached just before.

You can hide in the plane if you want and kill enemies til you feel it's safe but they do keep respawning I think

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

To get Creative Space easily, just run from the plane to the next safe haven. Trigger Zane's speech before the lighthouse approach. Once he starts talking, the enemies don't spawn anymore, so you can go back to get Creative Space. The walk back and forth actually gives you something to do until he drops the last manuscript page.

This strategy also helps you not die if you are going for No Punctuation and think the flare gun and extra flashbang will help in the Kill Your Darlings fight.

Edited by crackedeggs1

• 2 weeks later...

A VERY BIG THANK YOU!!!

Thanks for these amazing guides Tyger7 they helped me get through all of the game and DLC's with 100% completion. Without you, I would have been stuffed lol

The colour coded guide was great and it was well set out. I hope you write more guides in the future and they get noticed!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
About:

Misc: Whirlwind Achievement

You will find the tornado right after going through the spinning cabin. A manuscript will fall from the sky and after you read it, you will be able to shine your light on the words to create a path. It's advised you use the walkway part in the first word nearest you. As you rotate, try to look up and light as many words as you can, while paying attention enough to create the next path. When you jump to the new area, you will hit a checkpoint and if you fail this achievement from this point, you must restart the whole episode. A bigger Taken will appear and attempt to just push you off the ledge. You should kill him quickly and run up to the next series of words to get to the next object you feel you can leap to. Once you create the last path, jump to it and the achievement will unlock if done quickly enough.

I just got "Whirlwind" even with using the midway checkpoint, so that could help save a little frustration.

Helped a lot, cheers...

Even though I forgot one through my own stupidity, I'm gonna have to through it again anyway.

I can honestly say, I've actually really enjoyed getting the collectibles in Alan Wake - normally I hate the things even with a guide, but these I liked.

Again, thanks for the help.

Edited by marKot1k

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...