System Requirements?

Darth Odan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Whats your graphics card? But also with that Processor I SERIOUSLY Doubt it, it won't be able to run Vista anyway

I'm kind of am idiot with computers and I don't know where to find what type of graphics card or hard drive space I have. My dad's computer is better than mine I think, so I'll put its information on here later to see if it's able to run Vista. Also, when I get Vista, will I have to remove XP off of my or my dad's computer?

I really want to play Halo for achievements. :p

Vista overwrites XP ;)

Uh oh. If I do that on my dad's computer, I don't think he will be too happy. :( Is there any major difference between Vista and XP besides Vista can play Shadowrun and Halo 2?

This is my dad's computer:

HP Pavilion

Intel ®

Pentium ® D CPU 3.00 GHz

3.00 GHz, 1.00 GB of RAM

Physical Address Extension

Can my dad's computer run Vista?

Where can I find how how much hard drive space I have and what type of graphics card I have?

Uh oh. If I do that on my dad's computer, I don't think he will be too happy. :( Is there any major difference between Vista and XP besides Vista can play Shadowrun and Halo 2?

This is my dad's computer:

HP Pavilion

Intel ®

Pentium ® D CPU 3.00 GHz

3.00 GHz, 1.00 GB of RAM

Physical Address Extension

Can my dad's computer run Vista?

Where can I find how how much hard drive space I have and what type of graphics card I have?

I use Vista on my media centre PC, you need a lot of ram I would say at least 2gb. If its your dads PC I would leave it alone or at least ask his permission before you install Vista.

There are a lot of differences between visat and XP and to be honest Vista is still quite buggy if he uses it for work there is a chance some of his programs he uses may not work on vista.

It is possible to make a dual boot operating system PC but im not to sure on how to do that. Sorry

You will find out what type of graphics card you have by going

Clicking Start

Then right click on My Computer and select properties

Once thats up select Hardware from the tabs, on that tab click device manager

Once thats up click the plus next to Display Adaptors and voila it will show you what type of graphics card you have.

Disk space is easy open my computer and right click on C: and select properties.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, I don't feel like Vista is buggy at all.

I got one of them coupons when I bought this computer, so I got the OEM disk. 32-bit only, unfortunately.

However, 1GB of RAM (which, unfortunately, is all I have atm), Is certainly not enough.

Just having Vista open and running firefox is usually about 70% of the memory...

I don't know about the state of 64-bit drivers, but the 32-bit ones are top-notch. Only thing that didn't work is a crap scanner thats 10 years old, so it was an excuse to get a new one.

The only problem I've found is with some compatibility with older programs. Some dislike dual-core on Vista, Partition Magic doesn't work anymore...But Vista's disk manager can do those things anyway (for the most part)

So anyway, 32-bit vista will be fine.

Personally, if you know how, I would leave a 5-10GB partition and leave XP there in case you have any problems.

Also Vista upgrade disks can leave your hard-drive intact, but a clean install is usually better, and makes your computer run faster.

If you want to backup before installing Vista, Microsoft just released Windows Live Skydrive Beta, which gives people who sign up 500MB of free storage. Signup is free, ATM. skydrive.live.com

If 500MB isn't enough, I have a 150GB FTP server I would be willing to help with. Just PM or email me.

• 10 months later...

Processor:

XPS 420 E8300 Core 2 Duo Processor (2.83GHz, 1333MHz FSB, 6MB cache)

Video Cards

:256MB ATI® Radeon® HD 3650 Graphics card

Memory

http://i.dell.com/images/global/brand/icons/help.gif

3072MB 800MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM [2x1024/2x512]

And it runs on vista and i was wondering would this be able to run halo 2 vista?

• 4 weeks later...
I use Vista on my media centre PC, you need a lot of ram I would say at least 2gb. If its your dads PC I would leave it alone or at least ask his permission before you install Vista.

There are a lot of differences between visat and XP and to be honest Vista is still quite buggy if he uses it for work there is a chance some of his programs he uses may not work on vista.

It is possible to make a dual boot operating system PC but im not to sure on how to do that. Sorry

You will find out what type of graphics card you have by going

Clicking Start

Then right click on My Computer and select properties

Once thats up select Hardware from the tabs, on that tab click device manager

Once thats up click the plus next to Display Adaptors and voila it will show you what type of graphics card you have.

Disk space is easy open my computer and right click on C: and select properties.

i have a VIA/S3G UniChrome Pro IGP graphics card and

149 GB worth of disk space

will this be enough to run halo 2 and windows vista smoothly on my laptop:confused: