Achievement Guide & Roadmap

Nozza

For the 5 star Lute Hero achievement, in my world the City of Aurora is not available to fast travel too, the 3 area on the lower continent are all dark and I cannot select any of them to fast travel to, and hence cannot play the lute there.

I've just been crown King, and have done the first 3 rulings. Does Aurora open back up and some point, or am I shit out of luck?

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the 5 star Lute Hero achievement, in my world the City of Aurora is not available to fast travel too, the 3 area on the lower continent are all dark and I cannot select any of them to fast travel to, and hence cannot play the lute there.

I've just been crown King, and have done the first 3 rulings. Does Aurora open back up and some point, or am I shit out of luck?

You'll go there soon, after the next set of rulings I think. You can't miss it anyway it's part of the story.

Sweet, so I can just carry on doing side missions, getting gold for the treasury without having to worry about running out of time?

Yes. Just make sure there's more than enough of money in the treasury before deciding whether or not to build a military outpost in the Shifting Sands as you will be unable to go back to the treasury and the darkness will attack the city.

The achievement for opening up all Demon Doors is part of the Traitor's Keep DLC, and if you didn't open up the Demon Door in the DLC first, then the achievement can not be unlocked.

Yes I feel like this was mentioned in the guide. Glitched and unobtainable unless you do that one first.

I opened all demon doors in the main game, when I downloaded the DLC I got the achievement after opening the DLC demon door.

EDIT: I did download all the free stuff at the start of the game though, so maybe the fact I technically had the DLC from the start helped.

Edited by The Duke of Darkness

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
The achievement for opening up all Demon Doors is part of the Traitor's Keep DLC, and if you didn't open up the Demon Door in the DLC first, then the achievement can not be unlocked.

I am sure at some point this was glitched and it did not unlock. However, I believe a lot of people on here are just repeating what they read or hear. You cannot just start up the Traitor's Keep Quest, run over to the Demon Door and open it - it requires you to be wearing the complete prisoner outfit.

Prisoner's Shackles -anytime

Prisoner's Boots -anytime

Prisoner's Trousers -You need to defeat Faraday first and then accept the Undeath Sentence quest.

Prisoner's Top -After completing the main quests.

Prisoner's Bandana -anytime

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Is it possible to get the Xbox live achievements (Long Distance Relationship, Cross-Dimension Conception, Online Merger and We Can Be Heroes) locally using 2 controllers if both gamertags have gold?

You can unlock "We Can Be Heroes" locally using 2 controllers (you don't even need gold memberships). However, the other 3 achievements can't be unlocked locally. At least I couldn't...

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Oh, how I miss those summers in 2004 and 2005 playing the first Fable..

My Demon Door count is stuck on 6/7 even though I've opened 7/7, and some of General Turner and Professor Faraday's diaries have vanished because I originally picked them up while running through the Traitor's Keep DLC. Now I'm going back to collect the ones I didn't pick up, I should have 5/5 for both Turner and Faraday's diaries, yet they're still stuck on 3/5 for both.

Another thing is, going for the Popularity Contest achievement, after installing the Traitor's Keep DLC, anytime I make a 6th friend, my counter resets to 0/20 or 1/20, counting the 6th as my first. When, after having kept count, I should now be on 33/20 friends and because my counter has never reached 20/20, my achievement has never popped.

I had a similar issue with the Henry VIII achievement. I do have it now, but marrying 6 times and killing 2 spouses didn't pop - thanks to the advice of some members here, my achievement popped after marrying a 7th time and sleeping(???).

If anybody has any insight then that would be awesome. The experience I've had (and many others apparently) with how broken things are in Fable III is really upsetting. If I can avoid it, I really don't want to have to play through a generally tiresome game for a third time to rack up 5 or 6 achievements that I should technically already have.