Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Achievement Guide

littlejay

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1510/UPhAcLA=.jpgGodzilla - 25 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/misc/g-icon.gif

Get any medal in 'Run to the Hills' driving the Nissan GT-R SpecV without using any weapons

When you unlock both the ‘Run to the Hills’ event and the Nissan GT-R SpecV, start the event with that car and do not use any weapons and get Bronze, Silver, or Gold in the event to unlock the achievement. You will unlock "Run to the Hills" before the Nissan GT-R SpecV.

Is this for a racer or a cop? I don't see 'Run to the Hills' event for a racer, and I already have Nissan GT-R SpecV. If it's for a racer, can someone tell me where I can find this event?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you had most of those 2 days free it should be very possible to get. and i think the 10 races may unlock while you do the other achievements but im not 100% sure yet. ill test that theory later today when i have friends online.

Races is a separate event than Hot Pursuit and Interceptor, so you have to do 50 races total for all the online race-related achievements.

Races is a separate event than Hot Pursuit and Interceptor, so you have to do 50 races total for all the online race-related achievements.

Yes. There are 3 online modes:

Hot Pursuit - play 10 races as a cop AND a racer

Interceptor - play 10 races as a cop AND a racer

Race - play 10 races

TOTAL : 50 races

Hiya, first of all, big compliments to the guide!

I do have a question about the 'Denied' achievement... When you unlock the Jammer, can you only get the achievement when you use it against a cop when you're using it for the first time? Or can it be anytime you use it?

The way I read it, is you only get it the first time yo use it, if used right. But I'd like to know for sure. Also, might be an idea to state this in the guide.

Thanx in advance!

Yunie

Yeah, but it has to be used against cop to get it right? Oh wait, can it ONLY be used against a cop then? So by just using it, you unlock it?

The reason I ask, is that with various games, there is an achievement that can easily be missed and I'd have to play the game for a second time to get it and I wanted to avoid that. Just got the game :)

Yeah, but it has to be used against cop to get it right? Oh wait, can it ONLY be used against a cop then? So by just using it, you unlock it?

The reason I ask, is that with various games, there is an achievement that can easily be missed and I'd have to play the game for a second time to get it and I wanted to avoid that. Just got the game :)

you can unlock any time you jam a cop. i did it online before i even unlocked it.

i also got in the zone unlocked online before i got it in single player

Edited by littlejay

For the snakebite attach achievement i tried it online, driving the GT500 (painted Black) and i spike stripped a cop and didn't get the achievement.

I got busted shortly after but didn't think that would void the achievement

So maybe you can't get it online?

Its not the GT500 regular, its the Super Snake one, its under the Super class and the color doesnt matter. I assume the one you drove is the shelby under the performance class. You need the Super Class Super Snake or the Dodge Viper ACR which is under Exotics

Here is a boosting method found by Turkdaballa6:

1) Start a private match with 1 other person

2) Player 1 will start out as a cop and Player 2 as a Racer

3) Player 2 will stop at the start of the race and Player 1 will take them out to end the match fast

4) The next round, Player 1 will be a racer and turn around and drive the opposite way as Player 2 so they escape to end the match quickly

5) Switch side and let Player 2 win as each side

6) Repeat to level up

You should get ~8,000 Experience per match

Tested and works great, you actually don't need to 'destroy' the Racer (Player 2). Just make sure the Cop (Player 1) is standing still nearly behind the Racer. After 2-3 seconds the game shows you busted. It is important that the Cop is standing behind the racer. If you stand in front of or aside of the Racer it wouldn't work. The game mode was Interceptor in private.

Just an example (the quality is terrible but you see what I mean):

http://s13.directupload.net/images/101120/temp/ehphyvbl.jpg

If that's the idea it was meaned nevermind but me and my boosting partner did the mistake that we first tried to get the HP from the racer car down which is not necessary.

Anyway thanks Turkdaballa6 for the boosting tipp!

Edited by Sn1gaaaZ

Tested and works great, you actually don't need to 'destroy' the Racer (Player 2). Just make sure the Cop (Player 1) is standing still nearly behind the Racer. After 2-3 seconds the game shows you busted. It is important that the Cop is standing behind the racer. If you stand in front of or aside of the Racer it wouldn't work. The game mode was Interceptor in private.

Just an example (the quality is terrible but you see what I mean):

http://s13.directupload.net/images/101120/temp/ehphyvbl.jpg

If that's the idea it was meaned nevermind but me and my boosting partner did the mistake that we first tried to get the HP from the racer car down which is not necessary.

Anyway thanks Turkdaballa6 for the boosting tipp!

Yeah, i did this method earlier and i should have been more clear on that tip. ill fix that now

I can confirm that the Iron Man achievement "Get Distinction in Hot Pursuit, Rapid Response, and Interceptor" doesnt need to be distinction. I got it when I got a merit in hot pursuit and distinction in the other two events. Can anyone else confirm this?

I can confirm that the Iron Man achievement "Get Distinction in Hot Pursuit, Rapid Response, and Interceptor" doesnt need to be distinction. I got it when I got a merit in hot pursuit and distinction in the other two events. Can anyone else confirm this?

maybe you got gold another time when you were not trying it? i can't say for sure because i got gold every time without needing to restart.

Hey man, nice guide!!;)

Just to clear up any confusion(saw another post about it), u may want to add the location for the "Godzilla" achvy(Run to the hills event). If so it's the only cop event on the right side of the map, third race down inside the event.

I just got the achvy and I don't think I actually received a distinction.

Just a thought, again, great guide!! Finding it helpful ;)

for the bosting technic i've found another way to do it when you want to boost your racer bounty. get 2 players on a friends only game on a interceptor, approximately 8000 bounty per game, so when the game start one of the two players quit to the autolog. the one that leave the game will be back to the autolog frriends screen so juste press A on the name of your friends then you will be on a queue joining, and you just have to do it alternatly...Hope it will help you ;)

you can do the same for cop bounty boosting

sorry if my english is not perfect im french...

Edited by ArquinisosIII

Make good use of the bulletin in the "Go Advance view.

Single Player:

As you play the single player career, you will rank up some along the way while trying to get

True Blue and Golddigger.

You will rank up some along the way. If you get an event that is easy and a good experience payout, you can do it a few more times and take advantage of it.

You will also have several event plus car specific achievements to earn:

• Electrically Charged
  • Flight of the Bumblebee
  • Godzilla
  • Iron Man

Online/Autolog:

The online achievements are all very easy. You will get the Autolog specific achievements for posting on your wall, uploading pictures, having 5 NFS friends, and beating a friends score in an event:

• Share the Joy
  • Settling the Score
  • Share the Dream
  • Graffiti
  • Socialite

Then you will need to do online events with a friend or in public matches. You do not need to win.

You should also note that, these achievements require an online pass. If you rented the game or bought it used, you can wait until you have 2 days free and activate the 48 hour trial that comes with the game or buy and online pass for 800 Microsoft Points on the Marketplace. You must play 50 events online to get all of these achievements::

• Festival of Speed
  • Race
  • Chase
  • Escapologist
  • Bounty Hunter

Miscellaneous Achievements:

As you play through the career, you will unlock most of the miscellaneous achievements. First, there are equipment related achievements that you should unlock as you earn new equipment in the career:

• Power Spike
  • Aerial Assistance
  • Eye of the Needle
  • Vengeance is Mine
  • Shock to the System
  • Hit Confirmed
  • Wall of Steel
  • Gotcha!
  • Burnout
  • Denied
  • In the Zone

There are also several achievements related to specific vehicles. These can be done online or offline:

• Shaken, Not Stirred
  • Wet in the Vette
  • Imprezive
  • Midnight Cowboy
  • Snakebite in Black

Ranking Up:

After you finish the career, you should mostly just have ranking up left to do in this game. Your rank in online and career is shared so you earn experience from everything you do. Doing events with good payouts and boosting online will help you rank up faster.

Racer Ranks:

• Suspect
  • Target
  • Felon
  • Offender
  • Outlaw
  • Wanted
  • Fugitive
  • Notorious
  • Most Wanted

Enforcer Ranks:

• Officer
  • Patrolman
  • Trooper
  • Sergeant
  • Lieutenant
  • Undercover
  • Captain
  • Pursuit Agent
  • Ultimate Enforcer

Conclusion:

Hot Pursuit is a very enjoyable game where you can just pick up the game, and start racing. The achievements are pretty simple once you unlock the cars and events you need for some of the more specific ones but it's mostly getting gold on every event and ranking up. If you have the need for speed, you picked the right game to satisfy that need!