ooh nice, will do

i was just gonna wait for the "official" subs, but w/e

normally i don't like using fansubs for airing things bc i prefer regularly scheduled releases (been burned a couple times by groups taking like a month between eps) and there's a higher chance for meme shit (fuck commie, still mad over their "attack on eoten" shite, refuse to watch any of their releases, airing or not)

also hopefully it shows up on shanaproject so i don't have to search it out every episode

oh good, it's up there now

Edited by institutions

Kinda miss the days when 24-50 episode animes with actual endings were the norm instead of single cour animes that only promotes the LN or manga, and if we get lucky we wait for 6 months to another year for the continuation  , then wait for another 6 months to a year for another cour and so forth. But you'll rarely ever get to see the actual ending.

I've just seen many promising original titles fall flat and end up a convoluted mess because there just weren't enough episodes, . Kaizoku Oujo, most recently, is one of them.

Edited by alec613

13 hours ago, alec613 said:

Kaizoku Oujo, most recently, is one of them.

Still don't think I would've enjoyed that series if it were two or even four times longer. 

There's been good single-cour series that functioned well from start to finish.

Hard to point fingers when a particular project falls flat. Could it have been written better? Could it have been directed better? Could it have been storyboarded better? Were there any missing elements, either audio or visual, that could have helped tone the story? Could the actors have been better and more memorable?

komi-san fansub ep 2 only just came out today

but that's ok bc i don't think i'm gonna watch it after all, and i'm dropping mieruko-chan, which means i'm not watching any airing anime after all!

i just can't keep up with airing stuff, even if it's only one show a week

i always have something else i'd rather be doing instead

i am still watching ahiru no sora tho, bc i watch it while exercise biking. after i finish it i'm gonna watch re-main

Thought about it as well. Maybe it could've been written better. A good writer/director would've factored in the limited amount of episodes they have, and toned the series down.  But for me, the best way to salvage ambitious 1 cour original titles is to have more episodes.

There's just so many ambitious 1-cour titles out there with pacing issues. It's always the pacing. 

There have been a lots of ambitious 2-cour titles in the past that have been good. Makes me think that having more episodes gives the creators more creative freedom and gives us a better result

Then again, there's Vivy Flourite Eye Song . Yes, ambitious 1-cour titles that is good and also has good ending exist, but they're more like outliers at this point 

17 hours ago, institutions said:

it's ok, i have another friend who did, and i'm always up for cute boys swimming

It's really bad. It has almost zero water polo playing, so it's not a sports anime, and the characters are all garbage compared to something like Stars Align that used sports as a backdrop but ended up being a great story on its own. But it's short at least.

I love watching anime, I can sit at home all day watching it, I like the characters' images very much, I was in China and was very surprised by the fashion, here popular fashion hanfu, very often saw such dresses on the characters in anime and was very surprised, it really looks beautiful all lovers of anime hi!)

Edited by alievska123
  • Confused 1

Giving Higurashi Gou a shot.

Thought it was just a reboot. Turns out it's a sequel.

It's been ages since I watched Higurashi, but luckily, Higurashi is mostly repetitive, kinda like Haruhi's endless 8 through out its run a decade ago, so it shouldn't be difficult remembering and picking up the pieces as I watch it 

i giggled a bit earlier in ahiru no sora when kite got the little light trails from his eyes, but actually laughed out loud in like episode... 46 or so (?) when nanao literally explained how he was in the "zone"

i know being "in the zone" is a thing, but it was still damn funny in this context

gonna finish it tomorrow

just had a look out of curiosity and novaworks has still only uploaded 2 eps of komi-san, so i'm not all that sorry i skipped out on it. might watch it's done and all the eps are out with the "official" subs

11 hours ago, institutions said:

just had a look out of curiosity and novaworks has still only uploaded 2 eps of komi-san, so i'm not all that sorry i skipped out on it. might watch it's done and all the eps are out with the "official" subs

Seems like Netflix fucked up the encoding for the third episode of Komi-san making it virtually impossible for other people to re-encode it. 

So, it just confirms that Netflix is the worst.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...