Gran Turismo 5 vs Forza Motorsport 3

ParkMartins

Gran Turismo 5 vs Forza Motorsport 3  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Gran Turismo 5 vs Forza Motorsport 3

• Gran Turismo 5
    • Forza Motorsport 3

Forza 3 as it plays better and more user friendly.

Much nicer menus and you always do races as you never have to buy a certain car. eg If you stick with a Focus you get races for that car. in GT5 you have to buy a certain car to get through each class. GT5 has zombie AI that will just crash into if you are in its way, forza 3 has much better AI

GT5 has some nice premium cars but only some have cockpit views. Also you get about 15 variations of the same car. I also prefer the FM3 car handling .

I know someone will scream "omg bias!!!!111111" from xbox site but I honestly prefer forza3

I like GT5 better because its more real life.

1.When you go into the pit you will see the pit team take off your tires,refill the gas tank,and fix any minor damage your car has taken.

2.Rear spoilers on some sports and exotics that rise up like the Bugatti Veyron and Lamborghini Reventón. How come this doesn't happen in Forza?

3.Fire shooting out of exhaust pipes due to upgraded engine.

Thats just my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

I got both games for Christmas. I played both using manual shift and no driving aids except for the racing line - I can't judge my speed approaching a corner good enough to drive without it. I am able to use the Fanatec wheel and pedals for both games.

Both games have a decent enough driving model earn a tie.

I drive using interior view with Forza; GT5 has nicer interiors on the cars that have it but most cars don't so I'm stuck with roof cam as my best looking option. Advantage Forza

I use the full damage simulation with Forza; does GT5 even have damage? Advantage Forza

Depending on the race I use medium or hard difficulty on Forza, GT5 has no choices. Advantage Forza

Forza has the option to use the racing line only for speed issues in cornering and it is implemented well; GT5 has a too fast indicator and suggested gear for upcoming corners. Close enought to be a tie

GT5 has more cars, especially if you like Asian models. I don't. Let me drive some American muscle and some European sports cars and exotics and I'm a happy camper. No advantage here and maybe a nod to Forza, I don't know.

GT5 (I'm told) has many different types of racing and weather conditons. Advantage GT5

GT5 has training mode. I liked the training with MotoGP 1 & 2 and haven't liked it ever since. It's tedious and boring. This boy just wants to race (period).

Which brings me to the deal-breaker for GT5 - there just is too much BS going on in GT5 to get to the point where I'm acually racing. Too hard to find the cars I want to race with and not enough credits to upgrade the ones I have. Forza gets to the real deal a lot quicker and gives me enough credits from racing that I can buy the fun lower tier cars and upgrade them or upgrade the cars I receive from experience and drive in more races.

I played both games equally for the first two days, then I put GT5 away and have been immersing myself in Forza 3 ever since. I'm sure that in a few months I will give GT5 another try but for right now it's Forza all the way.

BTW: the rewind feature? Never used it on any racing game and never will. If I mess up and crash or the AI takes me out, that's just a racing deal, plain and simple. I'll either limp along to the finish and salvage what I can, or if it's early in the race, pit, and then try catch up to the pack as best I can.