Vietnam DLC Guide

judd90

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what I figured out yesterday, thanks btw :D

Everytime I was far from enemies, it took me like 2 or 3 damn shots to kill them. Getting in close with it is kinda better, definitely.

How is the M21?

I haven't use it yet so i don't know lol

Do you play Hardcore? If not play that because it will kill them easier, and use the extra damage spec for it :)

Would you kindly STFU achievement is not glitchy.

It can only be done in one place to the best of my knowledge (which is pretty damn good on BC2).

When you get to the second base on Sao Cun Temple it is on the right of the B crate by the wooden doors. It is a single speaker and you need to blow up the pole to get it or maybe just shoot it but I blew up the pole.

It can only be done in one place to the best of my knowledge (which is pretty damn good on BC2).

When you get to the second base on Sao Cun Temple it is on the right of the B crate by the wooden doors. It is a single speaker and you need to blow up the pole to get it or maybe just shoot it but I blew up the pole.

that is not true as i got mine by shooting the Phu Bai US bases speaker during rush.

How is the M21?

It is like SVD, except more accurate, but less deadly and the scope doesn't zoom as far as the others.

Anyway weapons for recon were joke in Vietnam. I got 100 kills with them faster than any other weapon on Vietnam (Yeas even M10 vs. AK47). Just use SVD and M21 like they were rifles with ACOG and not as sniper rifles. M10 on the other hand is very accurate, so headshotting is easy. Also it has very high dammage, so you can kill people with bodyshots fairly easy also.

I also got mine on Phu Bay valley. This achievement isn't glitchy at all :)

It was glitchy for me, and at least 10 others that i have read.

So i put it there just in case so people don't stress if it doesn't unlock. I destroyed about 8 before it unlocked for me...

Just Because I Can - 25

Finish first on the scoreboard on any Vietnam level

A tip for those having trouble with this one (I know I was), join a game of squad rush and play that way. Then you're only competing against 7 others for top spot instead of 16 or more. I think it only took me 3 or 4 squad rush plays to get top spot.. and I'm only a mediocre player.

Also play as a medic.. revives go a long way for points.

Nice guide, those are all pretty easy by the way.

Yeah I know but some people still like a guide, plus it has helped a few.

Thanks for the guide. Overall I like the achievements. The only one I can't stand is the 50 chopper kills. I've put so much time into the DLC and I still only have 2 kills for the huey.

Yeah I think I only have 4 kills with it and their all from the passenger guns. Just use the achievement trading thread and ask for a good pilot to help you.

little strategy for 'just because i can'. join a sqaud rush on operation hastings and just destroy both m-com stations. its completely dead, just finished two games as the top payer because i was the only player.

Hey dude, nice guide - I just have one issue though (it may have been pointed out already but there's too many replies to read through!;))

5-20 Hours to max this game can't be right! If it takes an hour+ per weapon, with 12 weapons (sniper rifles take longer regardless of skill), then that's already 12+ hours!

That's not even considering the 100 Tank/50 Chopper kills which also take a fair amount of time, & all the other Achievements....

I'd say at least 20+ hours, & I'd consider myself 'experienced', for someone new, maybe 30+ hours. - It may be worth listing as '15-25+ hours'?

(Just my personal thought after going for the Gold Stars in the last couple days - Its taken me 10+ hours so far)

Edited by KNUCKS x360a
Revision of time

Hey dude, nice guide - I just have one issue though (it may have been pointed out already but there's too many replies to read through!;))

5-20 Hours to max this game can't be right! If it takes an hour+ per weapon, with 12 weapons (sniper rifles take longer regardless of skill), then that's already 12+ hours!

That's not even considering the 100 Tank/50 Chopper kills which also take a fair amount of time, & all the other Achievements....

I'd say at least 20+ hours, & I'd consider myself 'experienced', for someone new, maybe 30+ hours. - It may be worth listing as '15-25+ hours'?

(Just my personal thought after going for the Gold Stars in the last couple days - Its taken me 10+ hours so far)

Ok ill change it. The roadmap wasn't written by me.

Great guide!

I have one small suggestion...

Can you list the actual names of the vehicles? So instead of NVA Jeep it would be GAZ69. Could make it just a tad bit easier for people to understand.

Ill do it when I have the time.

Quick question about the weapon stars: I know on your guide it says just 3 per class (x4 classes=12 weapons). On BFBCS.com the achievement tracker says 13 weapons, is this a mistake or do you also need to get gold with the flamethrower or something? Anyone gotten this yet and can confirm?

As far as I know just the 12. Why not try then if it doesn't unlock use the flamethrower. If you read the description it says primary weapon classes.