How unfair is this ?

Well i started playing multiplayer last night and after a few races the game got stuck on the screen at the start of a race where it says waiting for other players.I waited 10 minutes and was still stuck there so i hit the B button it said if i leave ill get penalised in the next race.So i dashboard out,start up the game and i have dropped a rank down.This has happened 2 times with in 2 hours.What a load of crap ? The race hasnt even started yet so how can it be classed as quitting ? It has just happened again to my fiance while i am writing this.Hope this gets fixed soon as i cant see myself getting to lvl 20 if this keeps up.So if anyone wants to boost to lvl 20 send me a fr i have had enough of this.gt is warlordak47

It's crap that it penalises you so much for quitting, especially on the waiting screen.

I haven't had that problem myself. I would like to boost cos it takes forever to rank up after you've got to level 10 but the points you get for winning against just 1 other player are hardly anything so it's not worth it. You get more points for finishing mid divison in a 16 player race.